Ilr Old Rules

Can anyone advise what the old rules for Applications before July 2012 for ILR were please?

When my wifes Settlement visa expires we will have only been Married 3 years but my understanding is that as she will have completed 27 months in the UK she will have done her probationary period and we'll be able to apply for ILR.

Then shortly afterwards as we'll have completed 3 years living in the UK she'll be able to apply for Citizenship.

Am I right in my thinking?

I've been looking for the old rules here and on the UKBA website but it only gives snippets.

Thanks

Under the old rules she can apply for ILR after she has been living in the Uk for 24 months, actually 28 days before this date.

See Completing application form SET(M).

Note that the language requirement changes in October 2013, when an ESOL with citizenship coursewill no longer be sufficient. If applying for ILR from then she will need to have passed the Life in the UK test. and obtained level B1 of the CEFR in speaking and listening, or better.

Once she has ILR and has lived in the UK for at least three years she can apply for British citizenship; see British Citizenship Basics.

I know she has to do the life in UK so no further English tests if she takes that?

She is currently going to college on the Ielts English course so she can work in her field here. I know that's not acceptable for ILR so if she doesn't have to do further exams apart from Life in UK it will save our bank balance a little bit.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect App