Elvis In Thailand

Wes Turner

Was G.I. Blues made in Thailand and what do you suppose hes pointing at?

No.... .Elvis never came to Thailand.....nor Asia for that matter; and he didn't tour Europe either, principly because Colonel Tom parker was an illegal alien (no witty retorts, please) in the US.

Incidentally, I've heard there's speculation that John Lennon may have visited Thailand in the mid-seventies at Yoko's urging to sample the legendary "free-wheeling delights" here. At that time, he had his own private plane, and his sorties weren't just limited to Hawaii!

No joking!

G.I. Blues was exclusively filmed in California.

Was G.I. Blues made in Thailand and what do you suppose hes pointing at?

Elvis nèver performed outside USA (Hawaï is also USA, for those who don't know). He hardly visited any country. He seems to have a daughter in Germany when he was send overthere by the army. Maybe he sung together with the G.I.'s in their barracks, but not in the city['s].

Elvis hardly wrote any song himself, he'd arrange existing songs and some wrote some songs for him. The song G.I.Blues (Tepper, Bennett) is amongst them and was written for the movie. Blue Suede Shoes (Carl Perkins) is another ...

So ... Was G.I. Blues made in Thailand ?

NO

What do you suppose hes pointing at ?

See the movie, read the lyrics and let your fantasy float ...

For it wasn't Elvis who wrote the song.

i've seen a picture of elvis meeting the king of thailand but i don't know in what country they met.

The in-laws have that picture hung up on a wall. It's not a photoshop job.

HMK met Elvis in Hollywood in 1960 on the G.I bles movie set. Google it here.

I did see a strange version of Elvis once in Pattaya. It was quite funny to see him pull out the remote control, not a scarf, out of his glitter suit pocket at the end of each song in order to change to the next karaoke track. I went back an hour later and the stage was empty :D, Maybe he had od'ed, naked, on the restaurant's bathroom floor... :o

From http://www.fifthdecemberthegreat.com/inter...-relations.html

"True to his word, the State Visit to the USA during 15 June - 15 July, 1960 was an unreserved success. From an address to a joint session of Congress to meeting Elvis Presley on the set of G.I. Blues the royal couple impressed with their vigor and sincerity."

Nine hundred and ninety nine thousand, nine hundred and ninety nine out of every million fans will tell you that The King was NEVER in the U.K. The date was March 3rd, 1960. The place was Prestwick Airport in Scotland.post-11421-1138844896_thumb.jpg

Actually Elvis has Scottish roots. His Ancestor, Andrew Presley arrived in North Carolina in 1745.

This guy married his wife in a small town called Lonmay in Aberdeenshire.

Nine hundred and ninety nine thousand, nine hundred and ninety nine out of every million fans will tell you that The King was NEVER in the U.K. The date was March 3rd, 1960. The place was Prestwick Airport in Scotland.post-11421-1138844896_thumb.jpg

Dear Neeranam, it's not a visit as we use to say; it's going from one to another plain. If we go that way, a friend of mine visited 'communist Siberia', which he didn't like ...

The question is : Did Elvis visit Thailand and did write G.I.Blues overthere ? ... Please answer.

About G.I.Blues ... "The producers shot scenes while Elvis was still in Germany but used a double for his long-shots. All of the German scenes that we see are either projected behind the principals or are scenes shot on location with other people, while Elvis was still over there finishing his tour of duty. They obviously put a lot of thought into storyboarding the film and getting costumes and everything else sorted out so that location shots would match soundstage scenes."

exi.jpg

His Majesty the King and the “King of Rock ‘n’ Roll,” Elvis Presley, during His Majesty's visit to the US in 1960.

"The king of Thailand met Elvis in 1960 in Hollywood. On the set to 'GI Blues,"

"True to his word, the State Visit to the USA during 15 June - 15 July, 1960 was an unreserved success. From an address to a joint session of Congress to meeting Elvis Presley on the set of G.I. Blues the royal couple impressed with their vigor and sincerity."

from bangkokpost and google

Edited by BambinA