Thai Government Insurance For Husbands Of Thai National?

liberty9133

This is an interesting suggestion, which I will try to find out more about. My first thought though is about how much ability a local government office would have to generate an identity number that would be accepted by the national citizen registration database and by the UCS.

I had been uncertain about the UCS eligibility of permanent residents (i.e. those who were issued with an alien registration book and would be eligible to be entered in a blue housing registration book). I've just e-mailed somebody near the top of the NHSO and been advised that they are not covered. My informant said that cover via a family member through the CSMBS, cover under the SSS or under new MoPH schemes for stateless persons and migrant workers are the only options for non-citizens

Edited by citizen33

The ID-number is generated by the amphur. The first number is the category under which you fall, I believe for foreigners without PR that is a 6, next you get two digits for your province and than 1 or 2 digits for the amphur where you first register, the rest is the number you have applying for the ID-number. That is all done automatically and it doesn't take long to get the tabien baan and ID-number with that. Most time is checking your ID and necesarry documents.

I was in and out in 30 minutes and then had to wait till the local teesabaan confirmed it, which took a few hours as the big boss was away, but they delivered it to my house.

• 1 month later...

My wife, who works for the Chiang Mai Government, told me her boss informed that as of July 1 I would no longer be covered under civil servants health scheme. Has anyone else heard of this change?

My wife, who works for the Chiang Mai Government, told me her boss informed that as of July 1 I would no longer be covered under civil servants health scheme. Has anyone else heard of this change?

I've not heard anything like that. So does that mean no family member of any family is not covered, or only because you are a foreigner. Not sure how the latter can happen. Perhaps it's part of a push to make all foreigners pay for their own health coverage...

• Like 1

<snip> Perhaps it's part of a push to make all foreigners pay for their own health coverage...

I think it is much more likely that her boss has misunderstood something.

<snip> Perhaps it's part of a push to make all foreigners pay for their own health coverage...

I seriously hope you are correct!

• Like 1

I seriously hope you are correct!

Me too.

I asked my wife who is a college director and she has heard nothing about any changes to the health care scheme.