• Topics

• Latest posts...

1. 0

Survivors of Hiroshima and Nagasaki Awarded Nobel Peace Prize for Nuclear Disarmament

2. 0

Controversy Surrounds Guardian Review of Oct 7 Documentary on Hamas Massacre

3. 0

Unlikely Justice for Victims of Novichok Poisoning, Says Former PM Theresa May

4. 0

The Growing Influence of the US Far Right on Ireland's Extremist Movements

5. 0

Boris Johnson Hints at Potential Return to Front-Line Politics

6. 0

Pro-Palestinian ‘mob-rule tactics’ Force Postponement of Braverman’s Cambridge Speech

7. 0

Taylor Swift Donates $5 Million to Hurricane Relief Efforts

8. 0

Honeymoon Period Over for Kamala Harris Polls Show Tight Race

9. 0

DeSantis Pushes Back on Climate Change’s Role in Stronger Storms

10. 0

German Politician Calls for Ban on Greta Thunberg Over Pro-Palestinian Protest Involvement

11. 0

U.S. Seeks to Weaken Hezbollah’s Grip on Lebanon Amid Israeli Offensive

12. 0

YouTuber and BBC Star Yung Filly Arrested in Australia Over Alleged Hotel Rape

13. 4

Thailand Live Saturday 12 October 2024

F1 For Pattaya?

Basil B

Just read the TV news article "Thailand makes plans for Formula One race" http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/587782-thailand-makes-plans-for-formula-one-race/

Would it not make more sense to hold it near Pattaya instead?

Plenty of accommodation, just need an improved rapid transport system, could use U-Tapao airport for special flights,

Circuit could be based on Jomtien Beach and Second Road tongue.png

I don't think Formula 1 cars would cope well with Pattaya traffic.

They were planning a night race like Singapore, may be between 3 & 5am, yet I doubt any F1 driver would be happy to be overtaken by some local, tanked up on two wheel and no crash helmet.whistling.gif

They were planning a night race like Singapore, may be between 3 & 5am, yet I doubt any F1 driver would be happy to be overtaken by some local, tanked up on two wheel and no crash helmet.whistling.gif

I doubt that F1 cars could last on roads of the standard in Pattaya or even Thailand in general

That's an idea. They could race up and down Sukhumvit Rd. in the small hours of the morning with the local traffic left running to add interest.

• Like 1

yep can just see it motorbike taxis screaming past them b.i.b fining them on every x roads and corner and the pizza delivery boys will skin em alive suppose there would be plenty of girls for pit land normally reffered to as walking street monaco eat your heart out.Of course the champagne will be out just a large bottle of chang for the winner?.