Singha To Distribute Carlsberg In Thailand

ThaidDown

Wasn't there an issue here in Thailand, with Carlsberg distribution some years ago?

An 'issue' , yes.

Very Briefly, as I remember it, A quite few years back Thailands 'Mr Whisky',Charoen Sirivadhanabhakdi, and Carlsberg did a deal to brew the beer in Thailand and distribute it with his Mehkong and other spirits. Having learnt how to make beer Chang was introduced. Carlsberg later claimed the company, cannot remember its name then but is now Thai-Bev, was not promoting Carlsberg enough (probably true). The partnership broke up acrimoniously. Thai-Bev still make Chang, Carlsberg disappeared from Thailand. ( Yes, know it came back recently in limited supply via Malaysia.) Very Brief.

Carlsberg makes me fart too much!

Really, Lenny? Tell us how much farting is too much? And how would you know? Are we talking room-emptying emissions?

Am talking stadium emptying beauts!!!

Cant understand the hype with Carlsberg or Heinekin??? i get piss water out my taps too but it does not make the headlines!!:)

• Like 1

That reminds me about the one when a Carlsberg pub wanted a new sign made. The manager of the pub commisioned a sign maker, gave him a free pint of Carlsberg and asked him to paint a sign that best described the taste of the beer.

Some time later - the great unveiling.

The sign was a painting of beautiful countryside, glorious sunny day and a clear, blue sky, and a voluptuous naked lady, being made love to by a handsome young stud, on a river bank.

The manager was impressed with the painting but could not get the connection to the beer.

The sign-maker explained that after tasting the Carlsberg - he thought that it was <deleted> near water smile.png

(I can hear the groans already wai.gif )

Edited by Tropicalevo
  • Like 1

Can they please please import some Belgian & Canadian beer & I'll die a happy man. Chimay would be a gift from above smile.png and anyone who's tasted Rickards Red or Upper Canada knows it's dam_n close to the best Europe produces.

Canadian beers?!?! REALLY?

If you are going to suggest importing beer from North America you should be aiming a little farther south. Maybe a nice Imperial IPA like Double Daddy or a good stout like Rogue Chocolate.

As most beer critics have been pointing out for years, the best beers in the world come from the US these days smile.png

Edit: I'm changing my Imperial IPA suggestion to Pliney the Younger (or Elder)

Edited by akspace