Foreigner Killed In Suspected Hit-And-Run Road Accident In Central Pattaya

Rimmer

Foreigner killed in suspected Hit-and-Run road accident in Central Pattaya

PATTAYA:--A foreigner, thought to be of Asian descent, was killed in a suspected hit-and-run road accident in Central Pattaya just after 4.30 on Sunday Morning.

The accident occurred on Pattaya Second Road and resulted in the immediate death of the foreign man, thought to be aged between 35 and 40, who was presumably walking back to his Hotel, according to Police. At the time of the accident the road conditions were poor as heavy rain created poor visibility and surface water on the tarmac. The victim appears to have attempted to cross the road and had just left the sidewalk when he was struck by the offending vehicle.

The extent of the victim’s injuries, including multiple broken bones and a skull fracture suggest to investigators this was a high impact collision. Although the collision itself was not seen, a nearby Security Guard working for a Hotel heard the impact and called the Police. Police were able to determine the vehicle, which failed to stop, was a Bangkok-licensed Black Toyota Fortuna as the front license plate and Toyota Badge from the front of the vehicle were left behind following the impact.

Full story:--http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/63164/foreigner-killed-suspected-hit-and-run-road-accident-central-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2012-09-30

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

I always feel that 2nd Rd is a b@stard to cross at any time of the day or night.

It also angers me that the local authorities didn't implement the traffic light scheme thoroughly. Instead the crossings are left there as an embarrasing and dangerous white elephant; blinking away with nobody noticing or caring that people might occasionally want to cross.

Yes, it will just be a matter of time, but how much time? They have the license plate, but the owner will say the car was just stolen, and he doesnt know anything about it. Probably the only thing that will stop speeding on these roads, is a machine gun! Even when it rains, no one slows down.

Yes, it will just be a matter of time, but how much time? They have the license plate, but the owner will say the car was just stolen, and he doesnt know anything about it. Probably the only thing that will stop speeding on these roads, is a machine gun! Even when it rains, no one slows down.

this, every 100m, would work, too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQfROnokUvM&feature=related

Edited by noob7

Shouldn't be hard to locate this coward as he left his license plate at the scene.

stolen car, for sure!

You may be right, but a foreigner killed a member of my Thai family, who was a pedestrian, in a hit and run. Accident was witnessed so the police caught him after sending out a radio description of the BKK registered vehicle.

I always feel that 2nd Rd is a b@stard to cross at any time of the day or night.

It also angers me that the local authorities didn't implement the traffic light scheme thoroughly. Instead the crossings are left there as an embarrasing and dangerous white elephant; blinking away with nobody noticing or caring that people might occasionally want to cross.

Come on ,dont be silly ,everyone has made a nice bit of money out of these lights ,why should they care if they work or not ,silly boy. T.I.T.

• Like 1

Come on ,dont be silly ,everyone has made a nice bit of money out of these lights ,why should they care if they work or not ,silly boy. T.I.T.

Of course you're right, but personally I hope that the people that are responsible for the installation of these lights, and anyone that skimmed money off the budget, sleep a little less soundly after reading reports like this one.