Weather

sunny and hot

Hi,

Whilst I know knowone can predict the weather I was concerned to see the flood pictures on the news the other day and am worried about my trip to Phuket next Sunday. Are large areas affected? It is hard to find information online and I want to know if it may be worth canceling my trip. I know its rainy season and there is always potential for downpours but I know very little of the logistics of Patong or other areas in relation to this rain. Any help is appreciated.

One thing about Phuket, whilst there may be certain low lying areas that are prone to flooding, it's always short lived, rarely going beyond a few hours.

I would recommend Wind Guru (Google it) and choose Phuket as location (there are several, I use the Chalong Bay choice) for what is a reasonable forecast of weather, and whilst principally meant for offshore, is equally applicable onshore. FYI, some quite heavy rain expected next Friday, but nothing severe either side of that.

I would recommend Wind Guru (Google it) and choose Phuket as location (there are several, I use the Chalong Bay choice) for what is a reasonable forecast of weather, ...

I like the Weather Radar Map (http://www2.tmd.go.th/radar/pkt120Loop.php) very much, it gives a quite exact view of what is going on. Remember that the time is displayed as GMT (add 7 hours for Phuket local time) and there is a average offset of about 15 minutes from the last picture of the loop to the current situation. Happy forecasting!

Hi,

Whilst I know knowone can predict the weather I was concerned to see the flood pictures on the news the other day and am worried about my trip to Phuket next Sunday. Are large areas affected? It is hard to find information online and I want to know if it may be worth canceling my trip. I know its rainy season and there is always potential for downpours but I know very little of the logistics of Patong or other areas in relation to this rain. Any help is appreciated.

It's all ok my friend u will have agreat time the sun is beaming as of now ...

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app