Koh Larn Questions?

crudy21

In the 20 years or so i have been visiting Pattaya i have never been to Koh Larn so would anyone care to share any info about it with me? Such as how to get there, is it worth spending a night there? Bars, food, hotels etc.

I think its about time i checked it out, Also how long does it take to get there and what price is the ferry or private boat, thanks for any info.

I've been a few times. The main beach on the other side of the island where the ferrys go is quite crowded (especially with tour groups), but the water is pretty clear. It's a fun day out. I like it best when the tide is in.

It's a fairly short, and cheap, ferry ride. But they are quite packed. No big deal really.

I'd recommend going over and checking it out before committing to staying there. But I'd bet it'd be a nice place to be after all the day trippers leave???

• Like 1

The fare is 30 baht now, as the other guy said walk to the end of the pier and take the next one. The last one leaves Koh Larn at 6pm I believe and around the same time from Pattaya. You can also hire a motorboat to take you but it won't be cheap.

I wouldn't recommend staying the night unless you want to get an early start to another day of laying around the beach before all the crowds start coming. It is a very small island and I don't remember seeing any bars, there is a market of sorts to buy food and a few restaurants by the main pier I think. The water is a lot cleaner and clearer then near Pattaya or Jomtien. I saw a few wild parrots and lizards as well.

• Like 1

I've stayed there for three weeks.( I was in love:) I stayed at La Leena Resortl located just beside the harbor,where the ferries coming in. BUT there are two ports in Kho Larn. Don't go to large beach where the tour groups go. It's hundreds of people invading the beach every 3th hour or so. Take the boat that goes to the resort I mentioned above. It takes about 30-45 minutes. Sometimes the sea is rough. I think the best beach is Seam beach. Many restaurants, very nice beach..there are many small beaches to be find too..You can go by taxi or motorbike.Many find the motorbike ride a little bit too exciting:) it's up and downhill so to speak...

In the evenings when the crowd has gone it's a very nice small city. Many nice places to go...but no ACTION if You no what I mean..

Downside it's expensive actually..Go for a day trip and check it out. Boats go every hour.

• Like 1