Cheaptickets Challenges For Best Fares

webfact

CheapTickets challenges for best fares

cheap.jpg

BANGKOK: – CheapTickets.co.th kicks off “Cheap Challenge” campaign daring customers to compare fares from all travel websites. Customers that find the same flight, but cheaper on other travel websites, registered in Thailand, even just 1 Baht, may win gift cards valued 1,000 Baht up to a full fare refund*.

The campaign runs from 1 October to 30 November 2012 for customers booking their flights traveling from 1 October 2012 until as far as 30 April 2013.

The rewards:

• From 1 Baht cheaper, get a gift card* valued 1,000 Baht

• From 1,001 Baht cheaper, get a gift card* valued 2,000 Baht

• From 2,001 Baht cheaper, get a gift card* valued 3,000 Baht

• From 3,001 Baht cheaper, get a full fare refund*

The comparison is to be done on the same day of booking, flight, dates of travel, with the fare and seat bookable, applicable for an adult/round trip ticket departing from Thailand. Low cost carriers are excluded.

“The stake is high for this campaign but we just have to do it. We are aware of the possible impact of the campaign, considering the rewards that are given. But we are confident we can handle the challenge, because we are committed to our brand promise: to offer cheap tickets,” said Mr. Sampan Tosawang, country manager of Cheapticket.co.th

Please download the full press release:

Word document: Press Release #3 Cheap Tickets Challenge.docx

or

Pdf document: Press Release #3 Cheap Tickets Challenge.pdf

-- CheapTickets.co.th 2012-10-01

They don't show comparisons with the low cost carriers so no AirAsia flights listed.

Checked for flight to/from Macau for 23rd Dec - 2 Jan and the cheapest was Thai for 6,591 (return) which is actually very good.

But I was also offered a flight on Delta, Bangkok to Tokyo, Tokyo to Macau and then the reverse back to Bangkok for the bargain price of 374,940 baht economy!!

I have found a connection, to a much lower price but I doubt they give me the free ticket. It is with Thai but they probably refuse it is a Thailand site.

Probably the standard way in Thailand - you are the looser even that you are right ?? I expect to buy the ticket at Thai, if I do it at CheapTickets.co.th I just buy a high price ticket and loose the money to them ?

Here is one for them: Departing Flights THB31,435.21

• 22:20 PM, Fri, Oct 05, 2012
    Phuket
    to Sydney
    JQ 28clearpixel.gifJetstar Airways
    Business cabin

The above is with Jetstar, and the one below is with Cheap Tickets .com.th:

MH_50.gif

Malaysia Airlines

Flight MH 791 Depart 05-Oct-12 (Fri) 18:05 Phuket (HKT) Arrive 05-Oct-12 (Fri) 20:30 Kuala Lumpur (KUL) Flight Time 1hr 25min | Business Aircraft Boeing 737-800 Stops 0

MH_50.gif

Malaysia Airlines

Flight MH 123 Depart 05-Oct-12 (Fri) 22:10 Kuala Lumpur (KUL) Arrive 06-Oct-12 (Sat) 08:00 Sydney (SYD) Flight Time 7hr 50min | Business Aircraft Boeing 747-400 Stops 0

Price Summary 1 Adult ฿ 55,104.00 Taxes and Fees ฿ 7,915.00 Total Price ฿ 63,019.00

I haven't read the terms of agreement for cheap tickets offer, but bothe of these fares are accessed on the computer in Bangkok. So if anyone wants to get the ticket and recoup the costs, all you need to do is send me half.

TG_50.giflogoR.png

Thai Airways International

฿ 36,340one way

Total Price

average price per person including all taxes, fees and discounts

Suggested Itinerary

Flight

Date

From

To

Depart

Arrive

Flight Time

Stops

Aircraft

TG 518

30-Dec-12

Sun

Dubai

DXB

Bangkok

BKK

21:30

06:50

+1

6h

20m

Economy

Lower direct Thai, both one way, don´t call Cheap Tickets, they don´t answer.

Review your flight details

• Legend:
  • e = e-ticket option,
  • AED = UAE Dirham,
  • THB = Thai Baht

Dubai to Bangkok Flight 1 Sunday, December 30, 2012 Departure: 21:30 Dubai, United Arab Emirates - Dubai Intl, terminal 1 Arrival: 06:50 +1 day(s) Bangkok, Thailand - Suvarnabhumi International Airline: Thai Airways Intl TG518 e Aircraft: Airbus Industrie A330 Fare type: Economy Restricted

• Legend:
  • e = e-ticket option,
  • AED = UAE Dirham,
  • THB = Thai Baht

Price

Travellers Fares * Taxes/Surcharges 1 adult(s) x (1,040.00 + 390.00) = 1,430.00 AED (12,015.49 THB) total for all travellers 1,430.00 AED (12,015.49 THB)

EVEN WITH DISCOUNT IS THE PRICE MORE THAN THE DOUBLE - NOT TOO SMART

My problem with their website is that they do not show the layover times between flights, which is crucial, they have told me to call them....ie BKK YYZ Toronto thru Dubai/Emirates Air. So I would have to go to another website record the same flight departure/arrival/departure/arrival times, then go back to their site to book. For some no problem.... I want to know if my connection is going to make me wait till the following day. Many websites show you the layover times ie: 2 hours 1.5 hours 10 hours etc.

Make sense??? momondo works better for me but their price is in Euros so I just do the conversion.

Just to add and I may be wrong I did not give it too much time, but it looks like they charge you 700 Bhat as a service fee, reading the fine print.

Edited by Colabamumbai

Valid for other travel websites registered in Thailand. Since the internet is a worldwide sales tool, they're obviously afraid of the competition elsewhere.

And, your point is . . . ?

That it looks nice but is meaningless.

My problem with their website is that they do not show the layover times between flights, which is crucial, they have told me to call them....ie BKK YYZ Toronto thru Dubai/Emirates Air. So I would have to go to another website record the same flight departure/arrival/departure/arrival times, then go back to their site to book. For some no problem.... I want to know if my connection is going to make me wait till the following day. Many websites show you the layover times ie: 2 hours 1.5 hours 10 hours etc.

Make sense??? momondo works better for me but their price is in Euros so I just do the conversion.

Just to add and I may be wrong I did not give it too much time, but it looks like they charge you 700 Bhat as a service fee, reading the fine print.

Why is Momondo in Euros, I get the prices in Baht? I notice that the momondo page is too big for the window, however to the right at the top you can change the currency to Baht

Edited by beano2274

Phuket
    to Sydney
    Business cabin

MH_50.gif

Malaysia Airlines

Flight MH 791 Depart 05-Oct-12 (Fri) 18:05 Phuket (KUL) Flight Time 1hr 25min | Business Aircraft Boeing 737-800 Stops 0

MH_50.gif

Malaysia Airlines

Flight MH 123 Depart 05-Oct-12 (Fri) 22:10 Kuala Lumpur (SYD) Flight Time 7hr 50min | Business Aircraft Boeing 747-400 Stops 0

Price Summary 1 Adult ฿ 55,104.00 Taxes and Fees ฿ 7,915.00 Total Price ฿ 63,019.00

I haven't read the terms of agreement for cheap tickets offer, but bothe of these fares are accessed on the computer in Bangkok. So if anyone wants to get the ticket and recoup the costs, all you need to do is send me half.

"Customers that find the same flight"

You're not comparing the same flight, you're comparing two different flights on different carriers, albeit the departure and arrival points are the same.

The way I understand their offer is you need to find someone selling the Malaysia airlines flight cheaper than they are in order to get your refund.

I have found a connection, to a much lower price but I doubt they give me the free ticket. It is with Thai but they probably refuse it is a Thailand site.

Probably the standard way in Thailand - you are the looser even that you are right ?? I expect to buy the ticket at Thai, if I do it at CheapTickets.co.th I just buy a high price ticket and loose the money to them ?

It's a shame you didn't read the post properly.

"The comparison is to be done on the same day of booking, flight, dates of travel, with the fare and seat bookable, applicable for an adult/round trip ticket departing from Thailand. Low cost carriers are excluded."

You comparing two different airlines. The CheapFlights offer is based on comparisons between ticket prices for the same flight not routes.

I wonder how many of the sites they face as competition on the web are registered in Thailand. I think that may be their "get out clause" that makes it an affordable offer.

Valid for other travel websites registered in Thailand. Since the internet is a worldwide sales tool, they're obviously afraid of the competition elsewhere.

And, your point is . . . ?

Even cheaptickets.co.th server is located in USA.

I took a look at them earlier, they did actually come up with a decent BKK - London price, not yet booked though.

Out of interest, with who and how much ?

Hi

It was with EVA Air, which would suit me, flying in a week`s time at 19,900 baht one way or 41,000 baht return.

Well their silly promo worked, lots of press. Sort of sad they are making the consumer do their market research in order to realise their fares may be higher.

It excludes direct air offerings, which will all know are pretty dam_n competitive these days.

They are part of a huge travel firm, Airtrade > Vayama > Cheaptickets > Budgetair & I suppose gimmicks like this are the way to attract visitors. Kayak, Momondo, ITA that compare multiple sites are still the best starting point & then book direct IMHO.

• Like 1

I just checked out a flight from BKK to USM (Samui) for January. Their price is 3172Bt. ....on Bangkok Air's own website the price is 3300Bt.

It's all in the details - Leave the country in other words International flights only & who knows if they classify Bangkok Air as a LCC I certainly don't.

• Comparison within the same book. Www.cheaptickets.co.th.
  • Adult ticket / tickets / leave the country.
  • Airline Booking Class match day round trip route. The same flight.
  • Excluding airlines Low cost.
  • Not included in the ticket or package tour and travel tickets or specific corporate rate.
  • Compare with Currency THB
  • Compare Flights Economy Class only.

Looks like a complete misrepresentation to me. As has been pointed out by others it says the same "flight" not route and if you find the price

greater than 3001 baht difference you get a full refund. Not a free flight and refund. Never mind the fact the sites have to be registered

in Thailand. To be honest I did not look at the fine print. But the headlines are clear to me. If it looks to good to be true it

probably is. I am looking forward to seeing someone post that they were able to collect on the promotional guarantee or how they

were co_k blocked. wacko.png

Phuket
    to Sydney
    Business cabin

MH_50.gif

Malaysia Airlines

Flight MH 791 Depart 05-Oct-12 (Fri) 18:05 Phuket (KUL) Flight Time 1hr 25min | Business Aircraft Boeing 737-800 Stops 0

MH_50.gif

Malaysia Airlines

Flight MH 123 Depart 05-Oct-12 (Fri) 22:10 Kuala Lumpur (SYD) Flight Time 7hr 50min | Business Aircraft Boeing 747-400 Stops 0

"Customers that find the same flight"

You're not comparing the same flight, you're comparing two different flights on different carriers, albeit the departure and arrival points are the same.

The way I understand their offer is you need to find someone selling the Malaysia airlines flight cheaper than they are in order to get your refund.

As I said nahkit, I did not read the terms of agreement for this company's offer.

What I would want to know can this company compile cheap flights. That is their opening statement in the advertisement.

Another point made by another TV member, stopovers are not shown in Hrs having to wait.

But then again I thought we were critque' the original post?