German Tourist Stabbed To Death In Samui

German tourist Gleich Thomas, 49, was stabbed to death on Koh Samui in the early hours of Friday morning. Police found three knife wounds to his head and on both sides of his ribs. They believe he got into a brawl in a bar and crashed a motorcycle while fleeing.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Translated from - http://www.asien-news.de/koh-samui/koh-samui-9/14949

Thailand A German tourist was killed on the island of Koh Samui in the early hours of Friday - he was stabbed.

Police said they received a report of a stabbing in the hospital at 1:30 am today. At the hospital, they found the body of 49 - year-old DC Thomas, a German national. The police found three stab wounds to the neck and head, and on either side of his ribs. There were also bruises on his body.

His wallet contained 4,000 baht cash, four credit cards and an international driving license. It seemed, therefore, not a robbery to act.

Koh Samui

The hospital staff told police that Thomas was found next to a brand new DC bike on the Chaweng Cherngmont Road in Tambon Bo Phut. He was taken to hospital but died on the way. The doctor called the police after finding the knife wounds.

The investigation team believes the victim was in a bar or restaurant and got into a brawl.They believe Thomas was equal to flee on his bike, but fell where he was found.

Translated from - http://www.asien-new...h-samui-9/14949

Thailand A German tourist was killed on the island of Koh Samui in the early hours of Friday - he was stabbed.

Police said they received a report of a stabbing in the hospital at 1:30 am today. At the hospital, they found the body of 49 - year-old DC Thomas, a German national. The police found three stab wounds to the neck and head, and on either side of his ribs. There were also bruises on his body.

His wallet contained 4,000 baht cash, four credit cards and an international driving license. It seemed, therefore, not a robbery to act.

Koh Samui

The hospital staff told police that Thomas was found next to a brand new DC bike on the Chaweng Cherngmont Road in Tambon Bo Phut. He was taken to hospital but died on the way. The doctor called the police after finding the knife wounds.

The investigation team believes the victim was in a bar or restaurant and got into a brawl.They believe Thomas was equal to flee on his bike, but fell where he was found.

So did he die from motor bike accident or was he stabbed to death.

Alcohol, drugs, always a bad mix, and when the gander is up, shit happens. I have never met a German without an opinion (mostly fairly aggressive ones at that). If a Thai was involved then insults would lead to retribution. If another Farang was involved then the booze (or drugs) may well have been the cause. A new bike crashed - so was he a local - renters rent clunkers mostly not new bikes. If he crashed it, chances are he was on his way for some help meaning the attack took place prior. If the bike crashed and he was set upon, there is usually other evidence. But whatever is revealed, could probably remain unsolved.

• Like 2

RIP the deceased, seems from the description of the stab wounds that whoever stabbed him wanted to be sure he did not survive. I hope the police catch the killer, all this negative press cannot be doing Thailand's reputation as a family friendly location any good. The wool can only be pulled over so many eyes before the stitching gives.

Slow down a bit. Who said the stab wounds caused his death? Who said he was stabbed by a local ?

Assuming is a very bad business, so is crucifying the place without having facts.

May he RIP.

Yeah. He was found with 4,000 baht still in his wallet and all his cards. Doesn't sound like a local...

• Like 2

I dont put my foot on Samui anymore, full of mafia, thai and farang and stupid backpacers drinking whatever is given to them. My daughters have strict orders from dad, stay away from Pukhet and Samui. This two places are now becoming danger spots for foreigners, whatever the thai tourist board is trying make u believe. I have seen over the years, that Thailand, from beeing a very safe place to have your hollyday or to retier to, have become quite a dangerous place. And please dont come with that shit that other places are changing as well,we are now talking about Thailand. Killings, murders are now everyday news . This country is slowly becoming a dangerous place to visit and to stay,and i think statistic will prove me right. But i guess the thais will never release a statistic which shows the thruth. Yes i can move, and yes i am considering this, and so are a lot of peoplei know.

Have a safe trip!

I would think highly likely passed out due to blood loss whilst fleeing. Stab victims often dont know they have been stabbed.
doesn't it hurt???????????
Adrenelin masks the pain for a while, part of the fight or flight defensive mechanism. Soldiers in war can sometimes be shot and not know it, part of my training in the Australian navy was to watch war footage, some of the things people can do even when seriously injured is truly amazing.

looking movies , or as you call it footage, is a bit different from real life