Two Pattaya Police Officers Attacked Outside Of Russian Tour Agency

Rimmer

Two Pattaya Police Officers assaulted outside of Russian Tour Agency

fight-31.jpg

PATTAYA:--Two low ranking Pattaya Police Officers were allegedly assaulted in the early hours of Tuesday outside of a Russian Tour Agency in Central Pattaya.

A routine police patrol consisting of two officers, Police Corporal Paitoon and Police Corporal Nattawut, were assigned to a case of fighting outside of the Nasha Russian Tour Company. When they arrived they saw three men and all appeared to be heavily intoxicated. The two officers noticed high levels of aggression directed towards them and one of the men threw a mobile phone at the officers and another produced a long knife and threatened the pair, who engaged the three men and managed to seize the long knife.

After a brief scuffle all three men ran into the Russian Tour Shop and locked the door. A search warrant for the shop is currently in the process of being issued, which Police hope, will lead to the arrest of the three men.

Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/63259/pattaya-police-officers-assaulted-russian-tour-agency/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2012-10-02

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

After a brief scuffle all three men ran into the Russian Tour Shop and locked the door. A search warrant for the shop is currently in the process of being issued, which Police hope, will lead to the arrest of the three men.

What odd ball laws they have here. If the police see you commit a crime you can then run into your house and lock the door and they need to get a search warrant to enter the premises? Very different to the US where I hail from. Now I know what to tell anyone that gets stopped on the way home with some pot. Run home and lock the door then you have to time to flush it while the cops are working on getting a warrant. ROTFL.

I've been here a long time and never seen cops get a search warrant to enter a pvt residence or business when they have reasonable cause to believe a crime was or has been committed. It's not like these guys ran into their Embassy.

Edited by Jayman

What odd ball laws they have here. If the police see you commit a crime you can then run into your house and lock the door and they need to get a search warrant to enter the premises? Very different to the US where I hail from. Now I know what to tell anyone that gets stopped on the way home with some pot. Run home and lock the door then you have to time to flush it while the cops are working on getting a warrant. ROTFL.

I've been here a long time and never seen cops get a search warrant to enter a pvt residence or business when they have reasonable cause to believe a crime was or has been committed. It's not like these guys ran into their Embassy.

I'm sure you're right and a forced entry would have been made if the police suspected narcotics were involved.

In this case I think the police acted rather well by not steaming-in and possibly making the situation worse. By cutting-off any means of escape and simply waiting the alleged attackers out, they've given the Russkies some time to cool-down, sober-up and hopefully see the error of their ways.

I say hat's off to the BIb (for their behavior at this particular incident) clap2.gif

The typical American way is not always the best way of doing things. whistling.gif

Looks nice on TV but I’m happy that most countries have some rules in place for this kind of things.

They are going nowhere unseen.

• Like 1

At least three intoxicated Russians inside, quite possibly more, and two Thai policemen outside,

Think about it.

At least three intoxicated Russians inside, quite possibly more, and two Thai policemen outside,

Think about it.

Except no mention that they were Russian though I can understand why the assumption with the constant reference to a 'Russian Tour Agency'. Usually the Thai news is quick to point out nationality or foreigner and not just 'some men'.

Think about it.

Except no mention that they were Russian though I can understand why the assumption with the constant reference to a 'Russian Tour Agency'. Usually the Thai news is quick to point out nationality or foreigner and not just 'some men'.

Sorry, yes, my bad.

The general scenario stays the same though.

The typical American way is not always the best way of doing things. whistling.gif

Looks nice on TV but I’m happy that most countries have some rules in place for this kind of things.

They are going nowhere unseen.

considering how often the "bad guys" get away in this country I won't be surprised if they slip out the back and are gone already.

One of them produced a long knife and threatened the pair of officers. Should have shot him then. Not dead but wounded him. No more news on them, did they get them, were they arrested and charged, or have they escaped to bury the long knife into one of our heads in another drunken stuper.

Edited by OZEMADE