Opera Singer

MerliahSummers

Just for professional working!

Ah miss Merliah, my lovely German opera singer, before it's mentioned i'll say it first, hold it i'm just clearing my baritone voice "DO YOU HAVE A WORK PERMIT" i'm bowing now!!!!, please be careful within Thailand about putting it about that you are looking for "professional work", especially with your real name on a forum, i'm sure our friends within the local police monitor forums. so please for your own peace of mind contact a moderator from Thai visa, but if you've got a work permit, good luck, i'd love to see opera and contempary music mixed.

Just for professional working!

Ah miss Merliah, my lovely German opera singer, before it's mentioned i'll say it first, hold it i'm just clearing my baritone voice "DO YOU HAVE A WORK PERMIT" i'm bowing now!!!!, please be careful within Thailand about putting it about that you are looking for "professional work", especially with your real name on a forum, i'm sure our friends within the local police monitor forums. so please for your own peace of mind contact a moderator from Thai visa, but if you've got a work permit, good luck, i'd love to see opera and contempary music mixed.

Are you sure it's a real name? Try google.

smile.png Thanks for the advice, but everything is legal and of course it s not my real name wink.png . But can t you help me with some contacts ? I have not much hope anyway, but don t want to give up that quickly!

I'm confused, everything is legal, hopefully meaning you've a work permit, i'd like to know the process you went through to got your work permit, is it a dedicated work permit saying opera singer/ singer or is it a educational one, or timeshare or something else, work permits are specific in work description and why in the world would you go through all the hassle and expense of a permit not to have done your homework to see if theres a market for a opera singing. still confused!!!!!, did you just arrive, head to the nearest lawyer hand over a fist full of money, say "get me a work permit"having no idea and in your words "not much hope anyway and give up that quickly", i was quite concerned regarding your original post, now something is not quite right with your reply, it's out there now in a public forum, if i'm wrong i apologize, but 2+2 or not adding up to 4 sorry.gif

smile.png Thanks for the advice, but everything is legal and of course it s not my real name wink.png . But can t you help me with some contacts ? I have not much hope anyway, but don t want to give up that quickly!

I'm confused, everything is legal, hopefully meaning you've a work permit, i'd like to know the process you went through to got your work permit, is it a dedicated work permit saying opera singer/ singer or is it a educational one, or timeshare or something else, work permits are specific in work description and why in the world would you go through all the hassle and expense of a permit not to have done your homework to see if theres a market for a opera singing. still confused!!!!!, did you just arrive, head to the nearest lawyer hand over a fist full of money, say "get me a work permit"having no idea and in your words "not much hope anyway and give up that quickly", i was quite concerned regarding your original post, now something is not quite right with your reply, it's out there now in a public forum, if i'm wrong i apologize, but 2+2 or not adding up to 4 sorry.gif

I don't think she is asking for a lecture about workpermits but about contacts. You have informed her to do work in that field she needs a permit, fine, up to her to decide how to handle this.

Hi steveni, just read though the thread again, to be legal in theory a job would have to be in place, i'm just pushing the point as she seems to be at a complete loss by her later post, plus it could benefit her later to drive the point home, sorry if it sounded like lecture, but i did apologize if i was wrong and wish her all the best, so to be fair i really did have the best intentions regarding Miss summers and i genuinely would love to see opera either in it's classical environment or part of a fusion band or mixed with a DJ

Merliah. Like you I believe the impossible simply takes a little longer.

To offer constructive help I thought a good start would be to ask a friend who was teaching English at the high school in another thread on this forum.

http://www.thaivisa....my-kids-school/

I asked him if he'd not mind asking the principle your question. The conversation went something along these lines.

" Do you know anywhere in Phuket where a recently arrived German lady could continue her interest in opera with a local established group."

The answer was, " Opera?? wats Opera.?? "

My friend replied, singing, you know, tra la la, and then proceed with his best effort of Do Lar Rae. Me..etc.

Ah, no probem, you mean Karaoke yes ?? There is a place near here with lotsa of nice girls and cheep drink.

No I mean singing with an orchestra in a theatre.

" With what ??"

Oh, forget I even asked.

So much for the standard of high school education here in Phuket.

Another thought was that I seem to remember Rajabhat University, North end Phuket Town, had some orchestral performance for some reason or another at their campus a while back. Might be worth a bit of on site investigation.

Another idea maybe Phuket Or Bor Tor or other council groups who have organized musical performances for certain festivals and I believe employed some foreign musical director for setting the music for the fountain of lights at Saphan Hin. I don't know if that white elephant is still functional. Maybe some BM can elaborate.

Sorry I have no links to the possible avenues I mentioned, give it a shot with Google.

The biggest problem you will find is summed up by the first part of my post, Thais simply don't understand the question, even some that seemingly speak very fluent english and in positions of authority. To a multi choice question if they don't know the answer is always yes. For example, " i go to the end and turn left or right." Pause, thought, Yes. To say " I don't know " represents a loss of face.

The only successful way around this is to take a Thai speaking friend along with you on your travels or at very least a list of questions written down.

Good luck.

https://encrypted-tb...3zxpf3jCtRkEJDg

Edited by sportsman69

Merliah. Like you I believe the impossible simply takes a little longer.

To offer constructive help I thought a good start would be to ask a friend who was teaching English at the high school in another thread on this forum.

http://www.thaivisa....my-kids-school/

I asked him if he'd not mind asking the principle your question. The conversation went something along these lines.

" Do you know anywhere in Phuket where a recently arrived German lady could continue her interest in opera with a local established group."

The answer was, " Opera?? wats Opera.?? "

My friend replied, singing, you know, tra la la, and then proceed with his best effort of Do Lar Rae. Me..etc.

Ah, no probem, you mean Karaoke yes ?? There is a place near here with lotsa of nice girls and cheep drink.

No I mean singing with an orchestra in a theatre.

" With what ??"

Oh, forget I even asked.

So much for the standard of high school education here in Phuket.

Another thought was that I seem to remember Rajabhat University, North end Phuket Town, had some orchestral performance for some reason or another at their campus a while back. Might be worth a bit of on site investigation.

Another idea maybe Phuket Or Bor Tor or other council groups who have organized musical performances for certain festivals and I believe employed some foreign musical director for setting the music for the fountain of lights at Saphan Hin. I don't know if that white elephant is still functional. Maybe some BM can elaborate.

Sorry I have no links to the possible avenues I mentioned, give it a shot with Google.

The biggest problem you will find is summed up by the first part of my post, Thais simply don't understand the question, even some that seemingly speak very fluent english and in positions of authority. To a multi choice question if they don't know the answer is always yes. For example, " i go to the end and turn left or right." Pause, thought, Yes. To say " I don't know " represents a loss of face.

The only successful way around this is to take a Thai speaking friend along with you on your travels or at very least a list of questions written down.

Good luck.

https://encrypted-tb...3zxpf3jCtRkEJDg

Hi SPM69, She's legal so she must have had a job offer, or started up a 2 million company herself, but seems a bit nieve for that and i agree on the point exactly what you have stating,imaging at the labour office, trying to explain Opera!!!!. i wanted the OP to post exactly what permit she had only for TV members to advise and help

In the rest of the world, 2 + 2 = 4 but on Phuket, 2 + 2 = whatever you are willing to pay to make it equal 4. :) :)

• Like 1

Opera?

Isn't that a large, African-American lady that has a TV show?

Wasn't aware that she sang, though.

Hi! KB

Just did a Google search for Opera. The lady you mentioned wasn't listed. Different spelling I think, Oprah.

You might be confused with the Opera web browser which some use for surfing the net. ( don't know why they call it that, even more confusing.) Next we'll be discussing long or short or boogie boards or waterproof laptops, left break etc; biggrin.pngsmile.png Now i'm confused.

Of interest to the OP there was a link to The Bangkok Opera. Their contact us page had many email addresses which you may find useful. http://www.bangkokopera.com/home.html

Edited by sportsman69
  • Like 1

There's an Oprah house in Phuket Town.

Just across from the ballet school, near the railway station.

Are you sure ???

I thought it was near the park where the old electricity company used to be. You know the park where they have the cane toad races every Friday evening, shortly after the Phuket naked ladies volleyball club afternoon matches. Please correct me if I'm wrong.