Beach Volleyball 2012

madmitch

I thought recently that I hadn't heard anything about the annual beach volleyball tournament in Karon so I did some research and found out that it has moved to Bang Saen this year (a bit earlier than usual as well, starting October 23rd).

It's a bit disappointing as, living in Karon/Kata, it was easy to go and letch watch for an hour or so.

According to the GF, the sports minister comes from Bang Saen, so I assume this isn't just coincidence.

Many of the competitors used to take a dip in the sea in Karon. I can't see them wanting to do this in Bang Saen as the water is filthy.

Funnily enough I may be in the vicinity that week so might take a detour down there.

That's two comments on Bang Saen this week by me in the Phuket Forum. Odd as it's nearly 1000km away.

Not sure if it's the same promoter, but supposedly the Quicksilver surf competition was lost to Patong for the exact same reason. The greedy powers that be in Kata/Karon charge an unreasonable under the table fee to the organizers, so they are all going elsewhere. Typical Thai short term thinking.

So Ross-Kessey are coming to Phuket? When and where?

Don't think the surf people were the same, as Pentangle Promotions runs the FIVB beach tourney and also some professional tennis tournaments. Yes NomadJoe, R-K are coming,but not sure if the weekend before the Bang Saen event or after the tournament, will have more info later on that.

Don't think the surf people were the same, as Pentangle Promotions runs the FIVB beach tourney and also some professional tennis tournaments. Yes NomadJoe, R-K are coming,but not sure if the weekend before the Bang Saen event or after the tournament, will have more info later on that.

Ok.

I hope it comes back to Karon. I will miss our mini TV meet-ups we always have!

Ok.

I hope it comes back to Karon. I will miss our mini TV meet-ups we always have!

Don't worry. Wait until November 24. Although the party starts at 6pm Thai Visa members have been offered, although not formally announced by Admin, all day free exclusive use of the volley ball court at the venue. This also applies to the tennis courts unless prior booking by regular customers. Restaurant and bar open as usual.

Edited by sportsman69

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...