Tony's Jomtien Club - From Good To Terrible In 1 Month

siamamerican

The only well managed Tony's health club is now, three weeks after the productive lady manager left, a complete joke. It is filthy like his other clubs and management is inept. Today I was in the club and not one employee was doing anything remotely productive. The AC units were all running but the employees opened all the doors on the second and third floors so it would be more comfortable for them while they took naps. It was cooler outside than inside.

I have never met Tony and know nothing of his business acumen but why is he letting his clubs become an embarrassment to the Tony's brand name he seems to cherish?

• Like 1

Consider yourself lucky, the one in Naklua never had the air con and it was a struggle just to get the fans on...The staff there would either be smoking in the gym or asleep on the workout benches....worst gym in the world!!!....Fairtex all the waysmile.png

I chose the gym at the lk metrople hotel, Soi Diana inn! It's 100 baht a day, sauna steam room swimming pool!

The past week I have gone back to my old gym!

The international gym, on 3rd road, again it's 100 baht a day. Alternatively you can pay for 1 month which is 1200 baht, which includes 1 free month! So 1 month works out at 600 baht. It has adequate equipment for all types of workouts.

Friendly family Thai staff.

All in all, I enjoy the going to the international gym.

Sounds like a typical Thai managed business rolleyes.gif

....and staff. Why would they want customers? Just means more work.

I guess that is my point. It is a reflection of the leadership. They seem to have zero respect for Tony (owner) and are laughing at him figuratively through their actions. He keeps opening more clubs and is losing customer loyalty and the employees respect. It is just flat out odd! He hires 10 people to do the job of "1". He has created this mess and I wish somebody with possibly first hand knowledge or insight into his businesses could explain this irrational business model.

Fire all management and 90% of his staff. Pay the remaining staff double and move forward in lieu of watching his name be dragged down with his depressing clubs. By the way, I would estimate more than 1/2 his staff is not Thai ( many Burmese ). Set a simple code of conduct, starting with no sleeping on gym equipment or watching TV.