Village Wedding, What To Wear?

deadman

As Mario said, the bride and groom normally rent their dresses in light colours. But when the "official" part of the wedding is over and done with and the monks gone, the couple often change to more comfortable attire. At least that was the case in the two village ceremonies I have attended.

Wear a white shirt and black slacks.

The wife will probably have you wear like a sash thing over 1 shoulder.

Then as mentioned earlier, have a change of clothes for after the ceremony for the party.

Good luck with your new wife and life!!!!

• Like 1

Dead man!!! I hope this is not a name you picked because you are getting married??? It really is not that bad, in fact I really enjoy it.

Now on to your question.

I suppose it depends on the village custom for these type of things, as I am sure not everywhere is the same. Your future wife should be able to guide you in these matters.

But like Mario2008 said, I did for my village wedding. Went to a local Wedding boutique and rented the dresses for the bride and bridesmaid and a white suit for myself.

Not neccessarily agree about a change of clothes after, that will depend again on if you have a large party at the end of the day with many more guests arriving. If so then do not change as you are the hosts, need to stand out from the crowd and they will want to see you and photograph you, with them, in your wedding outfit. Towards the end you could change but by then i expect you will be too tired to bother.

I am sure that you will bemused, bewildered,fascinated, frustrated (about the lack of organisation) and have many other thoughts about your wedding day, but for me it was a fantastic experience and on the whole a great day. I am sure it will be the same for you.

Anyway the best of luck to you both for many years of happily married life. (Believe me,it does happen though you wouldn't seem to think so by the amount of negative posts about marrying Thai ladies on this forum)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I wore a cream suit jacket and black slacks. Changing to a white ss shirt. My wife wore a pretty little long dress, changing to the full blown formal costume for the ceremony and then changing into some nice casual clothes after the climaxof events.

Costs were b5500 for all costumes invl her makeup job which started at 0415.

My slacks, shirt.

Marriage eas in Sisakhet.

Edited by bangkokburning

• 1 month later...