800.-Baht Surcharge For Bringing A Guest In Deevana Hotel?

moskito

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They make money renting out rooms and IF there is a surcharge they have to CLEARLY STATE IT BEFORE IN THEIR REGULATIONS ... do the same in Europe or America, even in Australia and I see you in front of a court and sue you for discrimination...

and to some of the members here... Grow up...

But, its THailand, not the west, and your "friend" is in a known red-light area. In any case, if a hotel in a red-light district in a western country were to say the same to you, and said pay or get the girl to leave..i doubt your "friend" would refuse payment, particularly if he just paid for the girl. I also imagine no one actually would report a hotel in a western country for discrimination in that way, because it would then come out they bought the services of a hooker.

Its Thailand, you can pay for sex for a fraction of the cost of a prostitute in the West, so move to another hotel, or accept that places want to make money out of you if you are a sex tourist. Simple as that, no?

Its like you want rules in a place where you benefit from the fact there hardly are any!

what a waste of time here in the new TV forum to ask a simple question and expect a simple answer....

Its the average Thai-Farang here ...refusing to grow up, marrying a 40 year old younger girl and after the money is gone for the house, car, motobike for the brother and operations for khun ma, khun po and the buffalo, life becomes boring and internet a new challenge....

Get a life you old farts, even if it is not easy anymore with 70, as long as the sun is shining and mother nature or the pharmacy is giving you the power to fullfill the loverequests of a nice young woman, be happy and go away from this computer thing.....

dam_n, I only hope if I become so rediculous old that I have to whine or complain about all and everything, there will somebody come and shoot me....

have a great life, I am out of here ... THANKS to lovelomsak as you are the only one trying to understand what I was talking about.... Has to do something with intelligence I guess.... to the others, welcome home ...you are finally arived where you belong :)

what a waste of time here in the new TV forum to ask a simple question and expect a simple answer....

Its the average Thai-Farang here ...refusing to grow up, marrying a 40 year old younger girl and after the money is gone for the house, car, motobike for the brother and operations for khun ma, khun po and the buffalo, life becomes boring and internet a new challenge....

Get a life you old farts, even if it is not easy anymore with 70, as long as the sun is shining and mother nature or the pharmacy is giving you the power to fullfill the loverequests of a nice young woman, be happy and go away from this computer thing.....

dam_n, I only hope if I become so rediculous old that I have to whine or complain about all and everything, there will somebody come and shoot me....

have a great life, I am out of here ... THANKS to lovelomsak as you are the only one trying to understand what I was talking about.... Has to do something with intelligence I guess.... to the others, welcome home ...you are finally arived where you belong smile.png

Using the Vietnam War gambit, I see. Declare victory and then get out.

Moskito, thanks for the laughs.

All locals and most longer term residents seem to know what hookers/bar girls here look like, tourists seem not to, must be an acquired learning thing - maybe that's why so many tourist customer feel unabashed at doing the walk of shame next morning, wondering why everyone is looking at them, funny.

Aren't buffet breakfasts great......all the bleary eyed, unshaven.

....and that's just the local girls! cheesy.gif

Is it to much to ask to respect people that don't want to see whores at breakfast, in the pool or at reception. Whilst I would never vacation in Patong, many families do.

Seriously, if you want to take whores back to your room, or girls that may be amorous at 4am, find a hotel that is Guest Friendly. There are many in Patong.

...and 800 baht?

You probably spent 3,000baht on the room, 4,000baht drinking beer and food, 400 baht on tuk tuk's, 3,000baht for the whore...and you can't afford 800baht?

You be big pimpin' Playa.

• Like 1

So is anyone going to answer the question about where else in the world is this practiced or just keep on challenging moskito.

business as usual in TV ... i am here long enough to know it. Unfortunately I try hard to read, write and speak English while others not even TRY to understand and start flaming imidiately....we can have a discussion in German or spanish too if you like, the Forum rules say NOWHERE: ENGLISH NATIVE ONLY.... and nobody has to answer if he dont like what I post....but if you answer, just answer questions PLEASE....

Phuket forum in German and Spanish is 500 baht fee. :) Why, because this is Phuket, and we can do, because we pay big money to police and officials. :) :) :) :) You not like, go to different forum. :) :) :) :)

Is it to much to ask to respect people that don't want to see whores at breakfast, in the pool or at reception. Whilst I would never vacation in Patong, many families do.

Seriously, if you want to take whores back to your room, or girls that may be amorous at 4am, find a hotel that is Guest Friendly. There are many in Patong.

...and 800 baht?

You probably spent 3,000baht on the room, 4,000baht drinking beer and food, 400 baht on tuk tuk's, 3,000baht for the whore...and you can't afford 800baht?

Doesn't matter if the hotel charges 2000 baht for "extra person?" Wealthy tourists will pay it, so, why do they have to "go and find a hotel that is guest friendly" if they can afford the "extra person" charge at any hotel on the island? Once again, on that basis, how does this fee "protect" families from the prostitution here????

Next week there will be around 3500 cashed up American sailors in port. I don't think an "extra person fee" at 3am with a Thai hooker on their arm is going to affect their decision. So much for the "extra person fee" policy being in place to encourage families to stay at that hotel. :) :)

Phuket is all about the money, not about making a nice holiday for families.

Many hotels want their part of the prostitution profits as well.

Edited by NamKangMan

have a great life, I am out of here ... THANKS to lovelomsak as you are the only one trying to understand what I was talking about.... Has to do something with intelligence I guess.... to the others, welcome home ...you are finally arived where you belong smile.png

A lovely quote once used on TV before, just clearing my voice "don't let the door smack you in your ass on the way out", was the OP describing me there, he must have a hidden camera on me, thats my life down to a tee, her uncle feel on the buffalo,granted we all wondered why it was wearing lipstick, so the brother caught his cock in the door (thats male chicken mods), when me and the wife split i get the outside, she gets the insides, the lady in my pharmacy is nok, mother nature works in the one down the road, so i'll cancel your invite to the TV party, ah bless and shame, do you have any items for sale, bike, car, house, ooooops already gone ah, god bless, safe journey back, bye drunk.gif, just a after thought could you PM your address/ email and when i'm in your country i'll contact you, "hi remember me from TV", i'm only here for 1 night, out!!!!!, girl, ping bang pong at your place, cos your so understanding no problems ah, oh can i use the car aswel, cos were friends right!!!!thumbsup.gif Edited by britpop

...and 800 baht?

Doesn't matter if the hotel charges 2000 baht for "extra person?" Wealthy tourists will pay it, so, why do they have to "go and find a hotel that is guest friendly" if they can afford the "extra person" charge at any hotel on the island? Once again, on that basis, how does this fee "protect" families from the prostitution here????

Next week there will be around 3500 cashed up American sailors in port. I don't think an "extra person fee" at 3am with a Thai hooker on their arm is going to affect their decision. So much for the "extra person fee" policy being in place to encourage families to stay at that hotel. smile.pngsmile.png

You missed my point.

If you want to take whores, rather than complain an 800baht Guest fee, go stay in a Hotel that is whore friendly.

Whether the Guest fee is the Hotels "share" of Patong's prostitution or a feeble attempt at a deterrent, I really could care less. I'm sure it works to a point on both levels.

I bet the OP won't be staying there again...so perhaps it does work.

In a way I have to agree with Moskito. On the Phuket forum it is always the same "wolf pack" that attack a poster without having the decency to answer questions in a civil manner. "This is Thailand, get used to it or piss off" Jeezz how many time times I have read that. It is a bit like some expat bars around the island, you walk in and immediately feel like you are and intruder. The "daily bunch" would look at you as you were an alien and no conversation would be possible. Luckily there are many bars where on is welcomed with a smile and a "how are you mate"

You, very active posters are said wolf-pack and you are destroying this forum.

• Like 1

In a way I have to agree with Moskito. On the Phuket forum it is always the same "wolf pack" that attack a poster without having the decency to answer questions in a civil manner. "This is Thailand, get used to it or piss off" Jeezz how many time times I have read that. It is a bit like some expat bars around the island, you walk in and immediately feel like you are and intruder. The "daily bunch" would look at you as you were an alien and no conversation would be possible. Luckily there are many bars where on is welcomed with a smile and a "how are you mate"

What was the question again?

i think you need to read the OP posting again, i'm normally very tolerant of postings but in this case disregarding the 800 baht debate, he's coming here to indulge in a illegal act with prostitutes and made it plain, not much else in patong, the reality is he complains about the joiners fee, the hotel call the police, he's the one at fault and in the monkey house, not the hotel, i thought this thread was OK, i wouldn't want to sit anyway with a bunch of immoral people like him anyway,i've been here 10 years, this is not like your family, you can pick your friends, theres a common belief, sit with addicts enough, you'll become one, sit with immoral, people who enter thailand to indulge in illegal activities, you guilty by association. How many have ever really spoke up, i know i have!!!!!

A friend of mine from an Eastern European country does it the right way. He stays at a 5 star hotel along with all his personal belongings, then he rents out a cheap room in case he wants to sample the local fare. Everyone seems to be satisfied with this arrangement as his friend can sleep in cheap room all morning, while the Eastern European can get back to his nice hotel room, Problem solved,everyone wins.

More like a chihuahua-pack. :) :) :) :)

• Like 2

...and 800 baht?

Next week there will be around 3500 cashed up American sailors in port. I don't think an "extra person fee" at 3am with a Thai hooker on their arm is going to affect their decision. So much for the "extra person fee" policy being in place to encourage families to stay at that hotel. smile.pngsmile.png

You missed my point.

If you want to take whores, rather than complain an 800baht Guest fee, go stay in a Hotel that is whore friendly.

Whether the Guest fee is the Hotels "share" of Patong's prostitution or a feeble attempt at a deterrent, I really could care less. I'm sure it works to a point on both levels.

I bet the OP won't be staying there again...so perhaps it does work.

I didn't miss your point.

It's just the usual "ask the price first" phenomenon that exists on Phuket. Same as the restaurants and bars with two menus, the tuk-tuks, dual pricing etc. The OP's friend had probably already paid for his stay and didn't ask about the "extra person fee" prior to paying/booking.

As I understand it, the OP's main problem seems to be twofold. One, 800 baht is too expensive, and two, had he been informed of that fee prior, he would not have chosen to stay there.

Nothing new here. Agree on price for everything first, whilst on Phuket. Unfortunately, especially in the case of

tuk-tuks, the price can change at a later point in time, which usually results in the farang ending up in the monkey house or the hospital. smile.pngsmile.png

Edited by NamKangMan

If you read the entire thread, the OP’s question was answered several time in a civil manner, he just isn’t listening.

I went back and read the question. Here are the answers.

Q. Since when is it usual, to charge Farangs 800.-BAHT for bringing a girl into a hotel?

A. It has been "usual" for many years. Price varies by hotel.

Q. or they should generally say NO BARGIRLS ALLOWED here... what kind of new politics is this in LoS?

A. This is not new "politics" in LOS. As stated previously, it has been this way for many years.

Q. is it not a rule to state it somewhere BEFORE the guest is booking a room for a couple of thousand Baht a day?

A. No, it is not a "rule". It is up to the discretion of the person staying at the hotel to check prior to booking.

Any other questions?

I went back and read the question. Here are the answers.

Q. Since when is it usual, to charge Farangs 800.-BAHT for bringing a girl into a hotel?

A. It has been "usual" for many years. Price varies by hotel.

Q. or they should generally say NO BARGIRLS ALLOWED here... what kind of new politics is this in LoS?

A. This is not new "politics" in LOS. As stated previously, it has been this way for many years.

Q. is it not a rule to state it somewhere BEFORE the guest is booking a room for a couple of thousand Baht a day?

A. No, it is not a "rule". It is up to the discretion of the person staying at the hotel to check prior to booking.

Any other questions?

Is there discount if bring two ladies, or is 1600 baht? :) :) :) :)

More like a chihuahua-pack. smile.pngsmile.pngsmile.pngsmile.png

cheesy.gif

Many have answered his opening post, but mostly did not agree with him. He got angry about that and that was the end of it.

• Like 2

...and 800 baht?

Tell you the truth, I would be broke after the " 4,000baht drinking beer and food " point. laugh.png

did he pay for a room with a single bed in which case a fee is payable,but a room with a double bed you have already paid.did you ask him was it worth it.

he paid for a double room via internet. There was no information on further fees ... but its very common to some hotels charging a little fee for bringing a girl in for a night....a little fee usually for using more Electric or hot water....mostly it lands in the pocket of the receptionist directly, I know it from Bkk and its ok with me...but NOT 800.-BAHT like in Deevana Hotel Patong... thats close to another room booked

Just did a quick google for you on this. Prices for extra guests are nearly always more than a little for electric, I have seen 400, 500, 700, 800. Even 5,000 Baht, which basically means: extra guests not wanted.So 800 Baht is not out of the ordinary, but maybe you have not heard about these charges for a while so you're out of the loop on the present prices?

I agree with Steven.

A "Guest charge" is a subtle message that the hotel do not want you bringing back random prostitutes to their hotel.

Whilst I always enjoy watching the "walk of shame" in what seemed like a good outfit last night leaving the hotel in the morning, I'm not sure families and parents enjoy it as much as I do.

If you are going to take whores back to your room, I'm sure there are plenty of "whore friendly" hotels in Patong. Suggest you try those rather than try and justify your hobbies here.

Yes, we all know Patong was built on the family and parents trade. Patong is a sewer, as I assume you live there you know that. Why get upset when people treat it as one?

No you don't whine or complain. cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Stay away from hookers, your stress levels will go down and bank account up..

Thanks for the pm, sorry I can't respond as it was in German.

just an extra comment,my friend stayed in a hotel with wife and 2 kids,and extended family. he went out with his thai wife of 17 years,when they got back to hotel,security demanded money and ID card.my mate was not too pleased,and after lots of noise and commotion,the manager was called.in the end it was solved,but how embarrassing is that.

just an extra comment,my friend stayed in a hotel with wife and 2 kids,and extended family. he went out with his thai wife of 17 years,when they got back to hotel,security demanded money and ID card.my mate was not too pleased,and after lots of noise and commotion,the manager was called.in the end it was solved,but how embarrassing is that.

Demanded money and ID card?

I would have thought that showing the ID card would solve the entire problem.

Or simply saying "we are Mr & Mrs X go check with the desk".

Edited by uptheos

That's interesting BOBBYTIN.

Let's say the OP's friend met the girl in question on a previous trip and fell in love with her (however misguided that would be) :) He's been sending money every month and considers her his girlfriend. (very common occurrence)

He checks-in to his hotel and shortly after she arrives. You would have the same problem. An embarrassing/confrontational situtation at reception, resulting in a very unhappy customer, and not just over whether the fee has to be paid.

Some members have stated they should check-in together, but still, what's stopping the hotel from demanding payment?

I could see how someone staying in a nice hotel with their Thai wife or Thai girlfriend could easily have a problem, especially with the night staff, after coming home from a night out.

Edited by NamKangMan