Liklihood Of 7 Day Tourist Visa Extension When Have Proof Of Ticket Out?

I'm a 48 year old US citizen. I'm currently in Thailand on a tourist visa, and I've received a 30 day extension, which will take me through November 4th. I have a flight booked to go to Cambodia on November 6th. I don't want to do an overstay.

I understand that all extensions are discretionary, but will my proof of a ticket departing on the 6th likely be accepted as a good reason to give me (for 1900 baht) a 7 day extension on my tourist visa?

Thanks for your help.

Ok thanks. And that is the 7 day "extension" people are generally referring to on here? It costs 1900 baht to apply then and be refused, is the idea? And my proof of a flight out during that 7 days would make the "extension" likely.

Can I go request an extension about 10 days before my current 30-day extension expires, or better to wait til it's even closer to the end of my current extension?

It actually is a declined extension that allows 7 days to depart and it is routinely allowed.

As he already received an extension ( 30 Day ) he will not be able to get an second extension ( 7 day ).

Off-course it is up to the officer but i (almost) never saw an second extension granted, Ticket or not.

Thanks again. What does "from application to leave" mean? I'd get 7 days from the day I apply? If I was going to leave myself any room to do a border run if rejected, that would make it a 5 day extension at most it seems.

And these two responses couldn't be more contradictory.....either it's almost always granted in my scenario or it's almost never granted. Can anyone else please share their thoughts on it? Thanks!

Ok thanks Lopburi. So I'd request an extension for, say, 30 days, get denied and then have 7 days from the date of my request to leave the country. If I'm understanding it correctly.

I have visitors I'll be showing around the 6 days before I fly to Cambodia (with them) so I was hoping the 7 days just got tacked on after my current extension expires. Waiting until the day before my guests arrive to apply and find out what will happen seems like cutting it too close.

You can just ask for 7 days - most people believe it is an extension when making application and it is treated as such except for the stamp saying not approved.

You have the option to just cross a border and return for 15 days if from a visa exempt country and often that is as cheap or cheaper than an extension of stay application. That might be a better option for you.

Yeah, I was trying to avoid a visa run, but I could do that. I'm in Bangkok, and it seems like the runs to Laos, where a visa is about 1050 baht for me, would not end up cheaper than the extension application. Is it cheaper/better to cross into Cambodia or Malaysia? Tales of crazy visa run bus drivers and of generally unhappy stories of people who try to bus to Cambodia, have made me shy of taking some bus runs.

As said it is not granted - but application being accepted allows a 7 day stay.

And yes you can extend from one extension to another - most of us are doing just that for marriage and retirement and study.

We are not talking here about long term extensions.

TR60 Tourist visa's can officially only one time ( 30 Day ) extended on each entry.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm the original poster, and the time for me to decide whether to do a border run or go to immigration a day before my guests arrive to ask for the 7 day extension. It sounds like the 7 days is routinely granted in BKK, but may not be in Phuket or other places?

If I apply for an extension on October 30th, and get a 7 day extension from my date of application, will the first day of the extension be October 31st, and the extension will run through November 6th? Or would the date of application count as one of the 7 days?

Thanks for your help.

The 7 day "extension" becomes more and more routine and best is to apply as late as possible, but nowadays it seems to start from the date your permission to stay ends. But that may vary per immigration office.

Officially it is a 7 day period in which they have to make a decision on your request for an extension of stay, which of course is denied.

The minivan to Aran is only 230b and the visa 20usd???

Dont complain about price if you are lazy or willfully ignorant. You have a simple cheap solution - up to you.

You can also take a 2nd cl fan train to Pedang Besar and X free

A bus to Ranong and boat to Myanmar, seat about 100b and visa about 20usd.

Loads of options...