Good Garage For Car Repairs.

RioMist

Having been ripped off by 2 garages for repairs is there a trustworthy garage in Phuket where I can get repairs done by a trustworthy garage? It does seem to me that these garages seem to think that the Farangs are there to be ripped off. The first garage that ripped me off I had used for years and I trusted him. The last repairs he so called done he charged me 14000 baht and I know he did not do the work he said needed to be done. He just put some chemical into my radiator and told me he had put a new head gasket and new hoses. Any idiot can see that he never touched the head gasket or changed any hoses. Pity I did not check before I payed him but as I said I did trust him. There must be someone in Phuket who can be trusted.

yip, i don't live in Rawai but still drive all the way to SP Garages or is it PS garages, anyway from the chalong round about all the way down to Rawai, the last 7/11 on the left, turn down that soi, along maybe 50 metres and you'll see them,

i paid just recently for a new water pump, hoses, timing belt, new front engine seals, rear shocks, filters all round, hand brake cable and cleaned 8k, i thought he was joking, the time before the water inlet to the manifold had snapped off, manifold off, re-tapped, new inlet fitted, wait for it 1100 baht,

i hope TV members know about this place, i'd like to think he gets recommended, nice old thai guy aswell thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

So is this the 7/11 a few hundred metres before the sea gypsy village on the speedway?

Um, i really don't know Rawai, it's the 7/11 opposite-ish the temple opening which leads to Norbush restaurant, the 7/11 is up from Juniors bar, tamarind bar and down from the SCB. hope that helps, i got recommended the garage from a couple of lads who live in rawai and a serious car collector who needs reliable repairs

yip, i don't live in Rawai but still drive all the way to SP Garages or is it PS garages, anyway from the chalong round about all the way down to Rawai, the last 7/11 on the left, turn down that soi, along maybe 50 metres and you'll see them,

i paid just recently for a new water pump, hoses, timing belt, new front engine seals, rear shocks, filters all round, hand brake cable and cleaned 8k, i thought he was joking, the time before the water inlet to the manifold had snapped off, manifold off, re-tapped, new inlet fitted, wait for it 1100 baht,

i hope TV members know about this place, i'd like to think he gets recommended, nice old thai guy aswell thumbsup.gif

Didn't know that one, thanks.

And yes, that is the 7/11 q few 100 meters before the sea gypsy village.

Lek's garage, 1 km north of Chalong Circle (Hayek Chalong) on the by-pass road, next to 7/11 at traffic lights:

post-35489-0-91725100-1349378982_thumb.j - changed my pick-up's shocks, engine and gearbox mounts, steering relay rod.

Edited by JetsetBkk

Or this guy, who does small electrical/mechanical jobs like replacing an electric door motor:

post-35489-0-01689300-1349381259_thumb.j

The garage on the left with a minivan and hotel taxi in the drive.

He's nearly 1 km south of Hayek Chalong on the west side of Viset Road.

• 7 years later...
On 10/3/2012 at 8:23 PM, britpop said:

Maybe soi Lamkayai, Rawai, that ends leading to the beach?

Is it the green place at the end on the right?

garage2.JPG

garage1.JPG

garage.JPG

• Like 1

18 hours ago, beechbum said:

Maybe soi Lamkayai, Rawai, that ends leading to the beach?

Is it the green place at the end on the right?

garage2.JPG

garage1.JPG

garage.JPG

I used to be able to recommend this Uncle, but can't anymore.  I took my car in to have him check some things.  The next thing you know, the whole engine was taken apart, my aftermarket ecu was taken apart, and then he couldn't figure it out so the car sat for months.  I finally had to bring in an outside mechanic and put the engine back together and then have someone else redo the ecu up in BKK.  This guy cost me a lot of money and time.  No apologies from Uncle, no refund of any funds already paid.

• Like 1

On 7/21/2020 at 9:19 AM, eezergood said:

Can anyone add to this or are all still relevant? I have an issue with a door closing mechanism on my Fiesta, that needs urgent attention 

The old guy who did excellent body work on my 2004 pick-up has long since moved:

On 10/5/2012 at 3:23 AM, JetsetBkk said:

Or this guy, who does bodywork/paint jobs:

post-35489-0-06658600-1349382178_thumb.j

250 m south of Hayek Chalong.

I just has the fuel filter replaced, gear level bushes (at the bottom of the gear stick), new clutch master cyclinder and new air filter, done at Hok Liam garage Chalong, for 5950 baht.

They previously did my shocks and engine/gear box mounts (can't remember how much - see my post #8 above) and replaced the previous fuel filter about 6 or 7 years ago.

Location: Chao Fah West, first traffic lights north of the circle, NE corner.32858924_HokLiamGarage2.jpg.d04948ca352fadf2e41853c465f14e4e.jpg

Edited by JetsetBkk
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...

Glad to see this topic is still open and not archived.

The same garage as my post above (Hok Liam) just returned my pickup after changing the alternator. The alternator itself was badly corroded but the main problem was the cable between it and the engine - the insulation was dissolving (oil drips?) and caused 3 lights to come on, on the dashboard. The cable was also very hot - probably shorting out - and its connector virtually welded to the alternator.

Just under 6,000 baht.

15 hours ago, JetsetBkk said:

Actually, I don't think he's still there - that was 10 years ago, before the underpass was built!

I can't find the place using Google Earth.

spoke too soon! ????

That said any one with some recommendations for a small respray job?  

• Like 1