Clearing Overstay: Cleared

Based on your Thai wife you could get a 60 day extension, giving you extra time to get the paperwork in order. No need for finacials for that, only the 1,900 baht and limited paperwork (and the misses to come with you).

Why do I think, that OP is the future wife of a Thai men?

However, our advisors had her wait outside

giggle.gif

She saved... But she risk jail and she worried....

Not worth.

Better to pay his visa run, and visit the country for 1 week, visit friends. this is what I do.

Sometimes I go back to Europe or Us for a few months then back to Thailand...

Come on !visa run will cost you 100$

I followed your original topic, and I am so glad it worked out ok for you.

However...

I was asked to prove a ticket out of Thailand within the 30 days by my airline that i was flying with

Is not very common at all, I think they have some sort of flag against your name.

So be careful in future and stay legal, from what I remember of your original topic.. You are in a better position than most of us to get legal in Thailand.

I followed your original topic, and I am so glad it worked out ok for you.

However...

I was asked to prove a ticket out of Thailand within the 30 days by my airline that i was flying with

Is not very common at all, I think they have some sort of flag against your name.

Oh, I had several times this 'uncommon' thing, on European airports:

"Sir, I see, that it is your back flight, but can you show me your visa, please"

These days, I think it is not uncommon, too.

I would say, it is 'up2counter staff', how strict they follow the rules from the airlines.

Emirates, they wanted to see the visa!

Thai, they didn't bother.

Funny, right?

It is a requirement that onward travel documents be held for those without visa and most airlines will require show of a ticket for boarding. Below is what airline sees when they check IATA database on there computer as you check-in:

Visitors who are visa exempt are required to hold documents

for their next destination.....

.....Warning:

- Visitors who are visa exempt but do not hold return/onward

tickets could be refused entry.

It is a requirement that onward travel documents be held for those without visa and most airlines will require show of a ticket for boarding. Below is what airline sees when they check IATA database on there computer as you check-in:

Visitors who are visa exempt are required to hold documents

for their next destination.....

.....Warning:

- Visitors who are visa exempt but do not hold return/onward

tickets could be refused entry.

@Lopburi, I have a retirement visa good to May 25th 2013 with a single re-entry visa. I am currently out of Thailand. Will I need to hold a ticket back out of Thailand when I return next month?

I would prefer not to have booked and have the flexibility to travel when it suits.

I hope you mean with a single re-entry permit.

Yes, you will be fine and do not need a ticket out. (Some airline employees don't understand a re-entry permit, then just ask to talk to a supervisor).

Thanks Mario, it is a single re-entry permit.