Best Of British Comedy Comes To Anantara Bangkok Riverside With Faulty Towers The Dining Experience

webfact

The Best of British Comedy Comes to Anantara Bangkok Riverside with Faulty Towers the Dining Experience

Bangkok, Thailand, 04 October 2012 - Offering interactive dinner theatre entertainment of side splitting British humour, Anantara Bangkok Riverside Resort & Spa presents Faulty Towers the Dining Experience for six uproariously funny nights from 24th – 29th October 2012.

Internationally acclaimed by critics and audiences alike, this madcap dinner show is a loosely scripted, pitch perfect tribute to the original British sitcom, Fawlty Towers. First broadcast in 1975, Fawlty Towers is a fictional hotel in the seaside town of Torquay on the "English Riviera". The plots centre around tense, rude and put upon manager Basil Fawlty (John Cleese), his wife Sybil (Prunella Scales), a comparatively normal chambermaid Polly (Connie Booth), and the hapless Spanish waiter Manuel (Andrew Sachs). Each episode reveals their attempts to run the hotel amidst farcical situations and an array of demanding and eccentric guests. In a list drawn up by the British Film Institute in 2000, Fawlty Towers was named the best British television series of all time.

Faulty Towers the Dining Experience is performed in restaurants and has been touring the world since 1997. Receiving huge critical and public praise, it has been a constant sell out show ever since it debuted at the Edinburgh Festival in 2008.

To celebrate the show’s 15th anniversary, Anantara Bangkok Riverside Resort & Spa is delighted to present this highly acclaimed slap stick dinner event from 7:00 pm – 9:30 pm at the stylish Brio Restaurant.

Promising hysterical gags and face aching laughter throughout the evening, guests will arrive to toast welcome cocktails, before savouring a three course gourmet English dinner consisting of pickled smoked ham hocks and split green pea soup, rosemary and garlic spiked rack of lamb or fillets of turbot, and a traditional British dessert of bread and butter pudding, accompanied by free flowing soft drinks, beer and wine.

Diners form the show’s audience and are entertained by a cast of warring waiters. In true Fawlty Towers style, everything that can go wrong does with hilarious consequences, with three talented actors impersonating Basil, Sybil and Manuel, delivering a loosely scripted, richly improvised and interactive theatre performance.

A must see for all ages – please book early as this show always sells out!

Faulty Towers the Dining Experience at Anantara Bangkok Riverside Resort & Spa is priced at THB 3,700++ per person, and THB 3,500 including tax for group bookings of six people and more. Special packages with accommodation are also available.

Faulty Towers the Dining Experience is brought to you in cooperation with B-Concept Media Entertainment Group.

For more information and reservations, please call +66 (0) 2476 0022 Ext. 1416, email riversidedining [at] anantara.com

-- 2012-10-04

footer_n.gif

I already feel nauseated at the thought of someone else trying to be Basil, Sybil, Polly and Manuel.

Greatness shouldn't be impersonated.

Dinner wouldn't work for me.

Who wrote that story? Is it ignorance or deliberate, the confusion between Fawlty [correct] and Faulty {possibly a way of avoiding copyright problems?)]

Maybe it is performed by Faculty of Chulalongkorn? At all events, sounds a hideous evening. (Except for the rack of lamb...comes as a surprise...where do they breed lambs in Thailand?)

First watch Faulty towers in the late 70's and was very fortunate to catch the first Monty Python and of course every episode since. Great bunch of people and writers.thumbsup.gif

Even if possible to emulate John Cleese as Basil, might be fun to watch on a stage as a comedy show perhaps. I won't be loosing any sleep missing this dining experience. One can have a great show dining out anytime with the mishaps of the serving/ waiting staff at almost every restaurant here. I like my home cook meals most of the time. But when it is the time to go out for dinner I always enjoy my dinner and have a laugh.

3,700++. Well over 4,000 per person. British humor is great, but not at that price.

Fawlty Towers is Great with John Cleese, Connie Booth, Prunella Scales and Andrew Sachs.

There is no such thing as a tribute.

They only made twelve episodes so it wouldn't get boring.

3,700++. Well over 4,000 per person. British humor is great, but not at that price.

Bargain, considering that the receptionist, the waiter, the chef, and the conferencier will all be one and the same person.

• Like 2

Me thinks they doth promote too much

Internationally acclaimed

pitch perfect

Receiving huge critical and public praise

a constant sell out show

this highly acclaimed slap stick dinner

hysterical gags

face aching laughter

hilarious consequences

A must see

The author should consider working for the "pre-owned" automobile industry.

post-145917-0-13961200-1349335084_thumb.

• Like 2

Me thinks they doth promote too much

Internationally acclaimed

pitch perfect

Receiving huge critical and public praise

a constant sell out show

this highly acclaimed slap stick dinner

hysterical gags

face aching laughter

hilarious consequences

A must see

The author should consider working for the "pre-owned" automobile industry.

The satire and irony cannot be duplicated with those ridiculous things listed.

Hysterical gags

Slapstick

Pitch perfect

Oh dear sick.gif

Edited by uptheos

OK, would love to go with this, but not interested in Brio. Why wouldn't they have it at Trader Vic's (same hotel)? Much better atmosphere.

"A gin and orange! A lemon squash! And a scotch and water, Please!"

Que?

(excuse lack of accent font over e)

Que?

Manuel, you're a waste of space. [hits Manuel in forehead with spoon]

"Listen, don't mention the war! I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right. (returns to the group)

So! It's all forgotten now, and let's hear no more about it. So, that's two egg mayonnaise, a prawn Goebbels, a Hermann Goering, and four Colditz salads".

Basil: Is there something wrong

Elder Herr: Will you stop talking about the war?

Basil: Me! You started it!

Elder Herr: We did not start it!

Basil: Yes you did — you invaded Poland.

" In a list drawn up by the British Film Institute in 2000, Fawlty Towers was named the best British television series of all time."

It was excellent, but the best one was Monty Python, its predecessor, and The Office would, in my opinion, be at least equal.

Que?

"Listen, don't mention the war! I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right. (returns to the group)

So! It's all forgotten now, and let's hear no more about it. So, that's two egg mayonnaise, a prawn Goebbels, a Hermann Goering, and four Colditz salads".

Basil: Yes you did — you invaded Poland.

Yes, sheer genius.

" In a list drawn up by the British Film Institute in 2000, Fawlty Towers was named the best British television series of all time."

It was excellent, but the best one was Monty Python, its predecessor, and The Office would, in my opinion, be at least equal.

Monty Python broke all the rules, the team were sheer genius and way ahead of anything else at the time.

I like The Office (please say you mean the British version) and Ricky Gervais portrayal as the manager. It's totally different from MP, but indeed a very clever, funny and very well done series.

Que?

Basil: Yes you did you invaded Poland.

What would you like for Hor d'Ouvres?

Hor d'Ouvres vich must be obeyed at all times vissout qvestion!

Edited by Vale Tudo

German Guest: Can we help you?

Basil Fawlty: Oh, you speak English.

German Guest: Of course.

Basil Fawlty: Ah, wonderful! WUNDERBAR! Ahh! Please allow me to introduce myself, I am the owner of Fawlty Towers. And may I welcome your war... your war... you wall... you all... you all, and hope that your stay will be a happy one. Now, would you like to eat first, or would you like a drink before the war... AHH! Er... trespassers will be tied up with piano wire... SORRY, SORRY!

Have to stop,now as I'm having fits of the giggles just thinking about it,legendary!!!

• Like 1

German Guest: Can we help you?

Basil Fawlty: Oh, you speak English.

German Guest: Of course.

Basil Fawlty: Ah, wonderful! WUNDERBAR! Ahh! Please allow me to introduce myself, I am the owner of Fawlty Towers. And may I welcome your war... your war... you wall... you all... you all, and hope that your stay will be a happy one. Now, would you like to eat first, or would you like a drink before the war... AHH! Er... trespassers will be tied up with piano wire... SORRY, SORRY!

Have to stop,now as I'm having fits of the giggles just thinking about it,legendary!!!

Yes, can watch it hundreds of times and still laugh. The timing is perfect and all the characters compliment each other.

I just don't see how any of this classic series can be transferred to some 'Dining Experience'.

Better to order a Pizza and watch the video.