Best Place For Night Bazaar/shopping In Bangkok?

otissp

Well the famous suan lum closed and apparently its successor Siam paradise flopped.... can anyone recommend a place to take friends shopping in a night bazaar type atmosphere?

There's always the patpong area and sukhumvit at night, but too crowded and not really dedicated to shopping.... or are those the best options?

thanks

There is one at the former Jusco next Big C Extra on Ratchapisek called Prom Ratchda I think, can walk from Thailand Cultural Center MRT station. Another that might be a bit out of the way, is the night market at Major Ratchayotin.

Not as big as Aisatique or the old Suan Lum as they are more for locals.

• Like 1

Asiatique is the newest Night Bazaar and larger than the old Suan Lum. It has a lot of dining possibilities, shopping prices seems reasonable and not many counterfeited products. Unfortunately it is very hot inside the warehouses. They don´t even have ventilation on the roofs. Free shuttle boat from Saphan Thaksin BTS station. Don´t go by car or taxi, as Charoen Krung road get´s extremely jammed every night.

Edited by Xonax

Is there anyplace that colud replace the open air music scene at Suan Lum with dining and drinking in Bangkok?

I really miss Suan Lum, and had high hopes for Siam Paradise. I am so disappointed in the way it turned out.

Is there anyplace that colud replace the open air music scene at Suan Lum with dining and drinking in Bangkok?

I really miss Suan Lum, and had high hopes for Siam Paradise. I am so disappointed in the way it turned out.

I lived in Centric Scene next door and could see Siam Paradise was going to be a disaster right from the outset. It was a cheap and quickly thrown together version of Suan Lum, and had absolutely none of it's charm. Very disappointing.