Forgot 90 Days Report

Virginia Chiu

I have a friend forgot to make 90 days repoert at immigration and it was passed 2 months already.

Anway, she's planning to go back to hometown for vacation this month.

My question is,

1. Does the immigration in the airport really know she didn't make 90 days report when she leave the country?

2. If found, how much would the fine cost?

Thanks for reply.

Yes forgot about that have never seen a barcode version of 90 day reporting (live in the backwaters of Rayong) , do not know if immigration at the airports have barcode reader, would think if Swampy they would not, as barcode use for 90 days is only used in some parts of Thailand.

That said would have thought that the worst that could happen would be the 2000 baht fine. Its not like overstaying.

Yes forgot about that have never seen a barcode version of 90 day reporting (live in the backwaters of Rayong) , do not know if immigration at the airports have barcode reader, would think if Swampy they would not, as barcode use for 90 days is only used in some parts of Thailand.

That said would have thought that the worst that could happen would be the 2000 baht fine. Its not like overstaying.

They just stick one in and enter your details on a computer. Mind you when I asked for the exact reason for it, all I got was "information"......sort of answer I'm used to. Many posters have come up with reasons........goodness some in Chiang Mai have even spoken to the Commander in Chief of Immigration wink.pngwink.png ..........but the bottom line is no-one can give a definitive answer.

Bar code method of 90 day reporting seems to require no form to fill in , is time saving and efficient......

I see now why is has not been implemented everywhere yet rolleyes.gif

Not in Chiang Mai!

Tell your place to send the info to our place. wink.png

Edited by uptheos

The safest thing would be for your friend to go to Immigration, pay the 2000 baht fine and do a 90 day report before leaving.

I've been with people checking in for the Korean Air flight from CM to Seoul and watched a Korean Air employee carefully check passports. He's looking to see if anyone needs to go to Immigration to clear an overstay, etc, before they go to the hassle of checking in the luggage and then discovering the passenger doesn't have the funds to pay an overstay.

He checks 90 day report forms, also. I saw him question a guy once when his 90 day report was due on that day!

The fine for not doing a 90 day report is 500 baht/day up to a maximum of 5000 baht. In practice, the Immigration office always charges 2000 baht max unless you do something really egregious -- like create a scene or have a history of ignoring 90 day reports. But, the Immigrations guys at the airport could charge that 5000 baht maximum. Besides, you probably don't want to have to deal with a delay at the airport prior to an international flight.

• Like 2

Don't remove the slip. A friend of mine was fined for not having his slip in his passport in Bangkok, and he wasn't even trying to circumvent a 90 day reporting fine. He just didn't have the slip.

A person could get into serious trouble if they follow the suggestion in the above post and get caught. Just pay the fine and move on.

Edited by Lite Beer

I can speak from experience. I have left Thailand numerous times in the last two years and never had anyone query or look at my 90 day report slip at the airport. If your friend just leaves and returns, immigration simply looks at the last entry when you come to make the next 90 day report, not the previous history.

I can speak from experience. I have left Thailand numerous times in the last two years and never had anyone query or look at my 90 day report slip at the airport. If your friend just leaves and returns, immigration simply looks at the last entry when you come to make the next 90 day report, not the previous history.

My understanding is if you leave before your 90 day report and have a reentry visa they will give you a new departure slip when you return. You must then report in 90 days from that date or you can leave the country again before the 90 day expiry date and come back as long as you have a reentry permit. On a previous thread there was several posters saying they never do the 90 day or leave the country and all they do when they go to renew is pay a 2,000 baht fine.

But being already two months over you are subject to a fine of 500 baht up to I believe 5,000 baht. But as has been pointed out they usually take 2,000 baht.

I personally would want it straightened out before I left. You might get away with it and you might not. Conceivably not getting away with it could be a time consuming process and you might miss your flight. I was in immigration last week and at 2:00 in the afternoon they had processed over 80 people and there was no one waiting in line. If one is willing to take the chance of getting away with it just make sure they are equally wiling to take the chance of missing their flight

Up to them.

Edited by hellodolly

A nit-picky update, fine wise: My brand spanking new 90 report slip that was stapled into my passport yesterday says: "Any ALIEN who fails to comply with will be punished with a fine not exceeding 5000 Baht and with an additional fine not exceeding 200 Baht for each day which passes until the law is complied with [ACCORDING TO IMMIGRATION ACT B.E. 2522 SECTION 76]"

A nit-picky update, fine wise: My brand spanking new 90 report slip that was stapled into my passport yesterday says: "Any ALIEN who fails to comply with will be punished with a fine not exceeding 5000 Baht and with an additional fine not exceeding 200 Baht for each day which passes until the law is complied with [ACCORDING TO IMMIGRATION ACT B.E. 2522 SECTION 76]"

Just checked mine issued on Sept 12 says nothing like that must be a new system.

Have no intention of being late but it is nice to see them drop the fine from 500 baht to 200 baht. Lets hope they don't stick to the maxum of 5,000 baht that would defiantly come as a surprise to the ones who never report in and just pay 2,000 baht fine.

I sincerely hope that this woman gets tumbled.

It`s people like these that make it tougher for all the rest of us.

Lets hope that wherever she`s going, she stays there and does not come back.

Why would you wish that she gets tumbled? All the girl did was forget to report to immigration for their nonsensical 90 day reporting. The immigration officers will be happy she forgot to report. It will mean free money for them. sad.png

• Like 1

Nonsensical? Excuse me. Are you not a foreigner living in Thailand? Subject to Thai law? If you don't like it, leave. Simple.

If you break the law, and still want to stay here, pay your dues and as said many times here already, "move on".

Why would you wish that she gets tumbled? All the girl did was forget to report to immigration for their nonsensical 90 day reporting. The immigration officers will be happy she forgot to report. It will mean free money for them. sad.png

Nonsensical? Excuse me. Are you not a foreigner living in Thailand? Subject to Thai law? If you don't like it, leave. Simple.

If you break the law, and still want to stay here, pay your dues and as said many times here already, "move on".

Have you ever considered anger management, lol? "Broke the law?" I think you are putting a little too much on this nonsensical immigration requirement. I doubt if you could find many people that look forward to reporting to immigration every 90 days. I don't think that is a reason these people should "move on." Maybe the fact that people sometimes forget to show up at immigration every 90 days is why they have this regulation in the first place. It is easy money.