German Nabbed For Taking Illegal Refuge In Thailand

george

It's nearly impossible to run out of money in Thailand. It's just too cheap and you can make money here under the table. He could hide here forever on that amount.

I can tell you've been here all of five minutes. Cheap compared to where? Thailand has never been as expensive. I guess if you're shacked up in a field eating Mama thrice a day, then yes, it could be cheap.

Bangkok is in fact very cheap compared to other capital cities, such as London. Almost everything here is a small fraction of the cost of London. The rest of Thailand is even cheaper. I have no idea why anyone would think it's not cheap. One example - one stop on BTS is 15 baht. One stop in central London on underground is 200 baht. Plenty of examples like this. I live well here and on a small fraction of what I spent in London. Bottle of Heineken here 75 baht, London 200 baht. Postage - cheaper to post a letter from Bangkok to Manchester, than from London to Manchester. Property prices - much cheaper here. Food - much cheaper here. What exactly do you find expensive about Thailand?

What exactly do you find expensive about Thailand? Having a Thai wife and children!

• Like 1

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's nearly impossible to run out of money in Thailand. It's just too cheap and you can make money here under the table. He could hide here forever on that amount.

I can tell you've been here all of five minutes. Cheap compared to where? Thailand has never been as expensive. I guess if you're shacked up in a field eating Mama thrice a day, then yes, it could be cheap.

Bangkok is in fact very cheap compared to other capital cities, such as London. Almost everything here is a small fraction of the cost of London. The rest of Thailand is even cheaper. I have no idea why anyone would think it's not cheap. One example - one stop on BTS is 15 baht. One stop in central London on underground is 200 baht. Plenty of examples like this. I live well here and on a small fraction of what I spent in London. Bottle of Heineken here 75 baht, London 200 baht. Postage - cheaper to post a letter from Bangkok to Manchester, than from London to Manchester. Property prices - much cheaper here. Food - much cheaper here. What exactly do you find expensive about Thailand?

What exactly do you find expensive about Thailand? Having a Thai wife and children!

But still cheaper than US/UK wife and children.

He killed a mobster because he was being extorted, is that it? I dunno... living in Thailand forever seems like a fair punishment.

Yeah if you believe the Nation. If you read this local paper, from what I can make out:

• The guy basically killed his partner in crime, who demand his "fair share". The paper says the court found that Gerd Laux tried to make the murder look like self-defence. Laux stabbed himself and then gunned down the victim at close range.

http://www.wiesbaden...es/12482135.htm

Edited by Morakot
  • Like 1

He was the hitman from one of two rivaling extortion gangs. That's why he got life (15-20 years). He'll not be charged for doing a runner. Not possible under German law.

The OP case is also mentioned in the "Frankfurter Neue Presse".

And we criticise Thai law!!!!!

Yes and justifiably!

In Thailand you sit often as a murder or, as an instigator of a murder plot (special against Falangs, Falang husbands)

some weeks, in, investigative detention or only very short!

At least he was in prison already 14 years and will sit again.

So what? 70+ soon in prison on murder charges again and you want to give him some more years for fleeing from Germany?

Would not change anything!

and I dont know HOW you are living.... With 3million Baht I live in Thailand till the end of my days....and thats more as most of you have left smile.png not even 50 yet smile.png with just 500.-Baht I can make a living here, incl. car or motobike or both....

But what kind of life that is, Thai style life is not the life for everybody. A decent 'Lady' cost already the 500 Baht. (15.000 a month)

Who stays with a 70+ guy for free? And your car and Motorbike, life with you, but no money for go around. Fuel is -PENG- these days.wink.png

Easy to hide, till the money runs out. 3m bht 2yrs. about right.

Didn't you read the story sold house more than likely in germany how about 3 mil. euros.

Haha absolute quality, bt3m means baht not euro.....

Doh

Few houses in the West sell for so little - I sold a tiny bungalow for 12M Baht. I would more readily believe a misprint than tht he sold a house in Germany for peanuts.

Believe it, small, older house in a poor rural region and you have to sale it fast, possible.

I sold old house in rural village on not so small land for 55.000 Euro.

I am from Austria nearby. 300.000 Euro your "tiny" Bungalows price, is a big Villa price in my home province, near Hungarian border,not in Tirol

or Kaernten with a lake view! rolleyes.gif

when you guyst start READING??? it says bt3 million ... I cant find a EURO sign in this...

If he sold it for bt3 million and not for € 3 million it wasn't well planned for a organised criminal gang member. But quite possible he sold it that cheap given his time frame.

Not enough information given,

so, if he sold the old dilapidated house from his father, who was a poor laborer or farmer and everything adds up.whistling.gif

Geez he looks real dangerous. Looks like they're helping him to sit up to get his photo taken.

Killed a mafia boss did he? I'm sure the world will miss the victim terribly

In the movies he'd have slipped away like Richard Gere in the Jackal while the FBI went for a coffee.

Real life's a bitch ;o)

(on a charge of murdering German mafia Bernatino Rossi in an extortion conflict)f

IF he is the one they were trying to extort from then it seems he was justified so

this doesn't make the man a criminal, he did what most of us would like to do but are to afraid to do it.

If this is true,then actually there are real criminals here that actually do us all more harm, but, then I can see why Thailand would

want to send him back right away.

Edited by metisdead
: Bold font removed.

(on a charge of murdering German mafia Bernatino Rossi in an extortion conflict)f

IF he is the one they were trying to extort from then it seems he was justified so

this doesn't make the man a criminal, he did what most of us would like to do but are to afraid to do it.

If this is true,then actually there are real criminals here that actually do us all more harm, but, then I can see why Thailand would

want to send him back right away.

I don't think "most" of us would kill someone unless in self defense.