Who Was Removed The Gallbladder ( Cholecystectomy ) ?

Danielsiam

Being very young, and have for over a year had big crises of biliary colic and there's not a very long time I had a very painful, the CAT scanner was show super swollen gallbladder, and told me to be removed as soon this gallbladder if not, will have a very big complications.

Lucky..this organ fortunately non-vital! I have the same life expectancy .. oufff!

So I finally I get removed this glad bladder there's two weeks with 2 nights in hospital with laparoscopic technic.

I am recovering and I eat a little.

Now I'm worried about the return to Siam in two to three months. You know in general lifestyle in Thailand for many, alcohol & spicy food. (Without generality course ..!)

I would have wanted to know how to manage a post-cholecystectomy (gallbladder removal), ususally in Thailand, so different style of life for many of us.

- Are you able to drink alcohol or do a night party with alcool same before ?

- Are you able to eat spicy as before with somtams and other spicy soups, etc. ?

Thanks smile.png

Hi

I know nothing about this ... but out of pure interest I googled 'how to manage a post-cholecystectomy (gallbladder removal)' ... there is quite a lot of information there, mayoclinic is a good read.

However I'm sure that someone will have the answer.

If anything is affected it will be your tolerance for very fatty foods. Alcohol, spices etc would not likely be anything different.

The gallbladder's sole function is to store bile for release into the intestinal tract to help digest fat. Without it, bile still goes to the intestinal tract but not the large amounts at once that were possible when you had a gallbladder so you may find that you don't tolerate large quantities of fat at one time.

The gallbladder is one of those rudimentary organs that the evolutionists say developed during our hunter-gatherer days when we had a huge meal after a kill and then needed the bile reservoir to aid the digestion of large quantities of fat and protein taken at one sitting..

With the regular meals we have now, the liver is able to provide enough for needs and the reservoir a bit superfluous.