Thai Inter - An Increasingly Poor Service?

somchai jones

I regularly fly long haul as well as flights within the region as my job involves a huge amount of travel. Although the purpose of my flights are business, my company fly me economy .

Not a problem as I regularly fly Thai and they have much more legroom in economy compared to most airlines.

Over the last few months however, I've been flying Singapore and Malaysian Airlines.

After this interval of flying other airlines, when I flew Thai again a couple of weeks ago, it brought it home to me just how much the service on Thai has fallen. Something I had suspected for a while.

It used to be a pleasure to fly with them. The fact that their inflight entertainment system is a bit lacking was more than made up for by the fact that the stewards/stewardesses were so curteous and welcoming.

This seems to have been replaced by an increasingly aloof, unfriendly attitude from the crew.

The Thai staff could well take lessons from the Singaporean staff who are a model of proffesionalism.

Even Malaysian Airline Systems, an airline I used to rate below Thai, have now overtook them in the hospitality stakes.

Very sad. :o

Do we need a flashing light asking people to post in the correct forum? I can understand a vague post but this one just screams out for the travel forum. Why just dump it in general?

cv

I'm obviously not as intelligent as you (or melodramatic).

I'll take the utmost care where I post my topics in future.

Chok Dee my friend. :o

Agree!! Thai air used to be good say about a decade ago.

Poor management, internal politics, low employee morale, quality of staffs hired, inefficiency, etc. you name it.

If it isn't bankrolled by the government it would have been out of business long time ago. :o

I usually fly Milan-Bangkok-Milan, during the night, and sleep and therefore do not notice the service much. I have, however, decided not to fly Thai on this route anymore for another reason: their refusal to allow Swiss travel agents to sell tickets for that route and their insistence on making PEX fares available only in November for a flight in December.

---------------

Maestro

Am about to book for BKK-London-BKK mid-March, for a few weeks in the UK, and find Thai Airways at B 43,895 on-line , or a couple of thousand cheaper via a travel-agent.

Meanwhile ETIHAD, with high-specification brand-new 777-300s all the way, and a good 2-hour connection both ways in the gulf, is only B 30,725. Let alone the lower-spec cheaper airlines !

And the clincher is - ETIHAD give me an automatic full 30 kg hold-baggage allowance - just as good as Thai with a ROP-card ever do.

So it is a no-brainer.

And, sorry to say, unlikely (unless things change) to fly Thai when taking the family back for a visit, come the summer. :o