Ambulance & Paramedic Leasing / Hire Services

Garry

Hey guys, serious question. Does anyone know of a company I can contact for ambulance & paramedic leasing / hire services? No conjecture please. Prefer responses from anyone with track day experience who have organized or know of medical standby leasing / hiring services.

Thanks in advance,

Garry

Thanks for he reply. The requirement will be near Bangkok. I meant to mention that but I thought the track day comment would be a guideto meaning around Bangkok. I have visualized hospital ambulances & the mobile paramedic / foundation vehicles. I don't know specifics of the area, hence my question :)

Edited by Garry

If it is for a track day then I would have thought that the track could point you in the right direction for this service if it isn't already included ?

Thanks,

I intend to enquire, but my buddy has been to this track a few times with no evidence of the services present.

If it is for a track day then I would have thought that the track could point you in the right direction for this service if it isn't already included ?

Thanks,

I intend to enquire, but my buddy has been to this track a few times with no evidence of the services present.

Gary, back home this has to be provided before they are allowed to do track days though this being Thailand it probably comes as an extra, paid for service. I know one of the guys here who works for or helps with the samui Rescue Foundation. i will ask him if he can assist wioth an organisation.

THe track owners would beable to get it sorted out for you, and at the best price too.

Last time i went to Bira there wasn't any medical services during an open day but during big events there's always a few ambulances there.

Thanks,

Gary, back home this has to be provided before they are allowed to do track days though this being Thailand it probably comes as an extra, paid for service. I know one of the guys here who works for or helps with the samui Rescue Foundation. i will ask him if he can assist wioth an organisation.

Thanks Bert, yeah as we know that is the policy for western world tracks for any track use. My buddy knows the track owner and hopefully he can get some guidance from him. Any info you can provide would be appreciated.

THe track owners would beable to get it sorted out for you, and at the best price too.

Last time i went to Bira there wasn't any medical services during an open day but during big events there's always a few ambulances there.

Thanks Karlos, agreed as it doesn't seem to be a concern for track days (low revenue).

I'm just trying to ascertain what costs are involved and figure that into a 5 day hire.

Thanks again all,

regards

Garry

Contact Marko or Shane: http://www.bkkfreeambulance.com/

Thanks for the link smile.png

No worries.

And for what it's worth, I have worked a little in EMS in both the states and in Thailand. I would take an farang EMT-Basic over a Thai full-Paramedic or Thai ER nurse anyday. They just don't tend to be good clinicians. The mai-phen-rai attitude does not work in emergency medicine.

If you don't use bkkfreeambulance, when you hire the ambulance, be sure you use either the term "BLS" (Basic Life Support, usually EMT-Basic level) or better "ALS" (Advanced Life Support, usually Paramedic/ER nurse-also called "Mobile ICU" in Thailand - will be more expensive) -. That way you are less likely to be hiring one of the many transport-only scoop and run meat wagon's who's staff does not have any medical training whatsoever. They won't even secure C-spine before transport,but you may wake up less your watch or wallet.

Edited by NomadJoe

On the Thai side of things, Thai style ambulances are called " Bo Thek Theung"

The association of Bo Thek Theung is on Kingkaew road after crossing over Bang Na headed south, its on your right not far from the bridge.

It wont be spelled like that though, but there will be a yellow symbol as their sign.

here's the location

http://goo.gl/maps/gBjHn

Edited by KRS1

No worries.

And for what it's worth, I have worked a little in EMS in both the states and in Thailand. I would take an farang EMT-Basic over a Thai full-Paramedic or Thai ER nurse anyday. They just don't tend to be good clinicians. The mai-phen-rai attitude does not work in emergency medicine.

If you don't use bkkfreeambulance, when you hire the ambulance, be sure you use either the term "BLS" (Basic Life Support, usually EMT-Basic level) or better "ALS" (Advanced Life Support, usually Paramedic/ER nurse-also called "Mobile ICU" in Thailand - will be more expensive) -. That way you are less likely to be hiring one of the many transport-only scoop and run meat wagon's who's staff does not have any medical training whatsoever. They won't even secure C-spine before transport,but you may wake up less your watch or wallet.

Oh I agree whole heatedly on what you say about the scoop 'em up crowd. Money first, care second. I'm a qualified CPR/AED First Responder instructor, but unfortunately I can't work on myself :)

No worries.

Oh I agree whole heatedly on what you say about the scoop 'em up crowd. Money first, care second. I'm a qualified CPR/AED First Responder instructor, but unfortunately I can't work on myself smile.png

And there is a big difference between "certified" and "qualified", especially in TLOS.