Anybody Living At Parkland Bangna ?

siam2007

After six years I decided to move to another place within BKK and will most probably sign a rental-contract next week for a unit in Parkland Bangna. Even though the unit I plan to rent is quite nice and the rent reasonable, my future landlords (Farang-Thai couple) live 20 km away and are not exactly what would be called "helpful" or willing to give assistance / support to help me to get familiar with the place quickly.

I wonder if there is any member staying there (plenty of Farang there actually) and would be willing to meet for some chit-chat over a coffee or beer or even dinner (which I will treat you) at the place (there are some Resto's and even some kind of Pub as I have seen already), to make my start there more smooth.

Thank you {=_=}

Edited by siam2007

I lived there for 3 years, went to the international school next door and currently renting out some rooms there.

Try to get a room in building 11/12/13 as they are the newer ones. Ive stayed at the older ones before and they are really run down. The community there is generally alright except for some drug problems a few years ago, nice round pond you can run around.

Food at the roof top bar is overpriced and steaks were still frozen inside the last time went. Go there if you want to watch a game and drink a beer. Thai restaurant directly under is good if they arent busy. Cool Cabin bar is shady but budget friendly. The small street food vendors on the side of the parkland soi are great, especially the man who is crossed eyed (Next to Mellow Yellow)

Furthet into the soi there is a lotus express, 7 eleven directly infront of Parkland. You can take a motorbike to central bangna and they will drive against traffic, very fast. If you take a cab there drop off on the opposite side because traffic infront of central is horrible.

Generally good cheap area to live in with a growing farang population. There is nothing at index except parklanders enjoying free airconditioning.