Women Beware

Billmont

I received this in an email and thought it best to post on TV. This is not a report from Thailand, YET, but such scams have a habit of crossing borders quite quickly.

-Warning PLEASE READ ...

Dear Drivers, I thought you should be aware of this email I received today, it has been forwarded to ladies mainly. This did not happen to me but thought I should post FYI-

Please read this message. Important message from Crime Stoppers, please read...

While driving on a rural end of the roadway on Thursday morning, I saw an infant car seat on the side of the road with...

a blanket draped over it. For whatever reason, I did not stop, even though I had all kinds of thoughts running through my head. But when I got to my destination, I called the Police and they were going to check it out. But, this is what the Police advised even before they went out there to check....

"There are several things to be aware of ... gangs and thieves are now plotting different ways to get a person (mostly women)to stop their vehicle and get out of the car.

"There is a gang initiation reported by the local Police where gangs are placing a car seat by the road...with a fake baby in it...waiting for a woman, of course, to stop and check on the abandoned baby. "Note that the location of this car seat is usually beside a wooded or grassy (field) area and the person -- woman -- will be dragged into the woods, beaten and raped, and usually left for dead. If it's a man, they're usually beaten and robbed and maybe left for dead, too.

DO NOT STOP FOR ANY REASON!!! DIAL 9-9-9 AND REPORT WHAT YOU SAW, BUT DON'T EVEN SLOW DOWN.

"IF YOU ARE DRIVING AT NIGHT AND EGGS ARE THROWN AT YOUR WINDSCREEN, DO NOT STOP TO CHECK THE CAR, DO NOT OPERATE THE WIPER AND DO NOT SPRAY ANY WATER BECAUSE EGGS MIXED WITH WATER BECOME MILKY AND BLOCK YOUR VISION UP TO 92.5%, AND YOU ARE THEN FORCED TO STOP BESIDE THE ROAD AND BECOME A VICTIM OF THESE CRIMINALS.

THIS IS A NEW TECHNIQUE USED BY GANGS, SO PLEASE INFORM YOUR FRIENDS AND RELATIVES. THESE ARE DESPERATE TIMES AND THESE ARE UNSAVOURY INDIVIDUALS WHO WILL TAKE DESPERATE MEASURES TO GET WHAT THEY WANT."

Please talk to your loved ones about this. This is a new tactic used. Please be safe.

Get started NOW -- SEND THIS MESSAGE TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS AND LOVED ONES TO BE CAREFUL AND AWARE OF EVERYTHING AROUND THEM SO AS NOT TO BECOME A VICTIM.

Unquote

And exactly what relevance has this to here in Thailand ? This has no relevance in the UK as it is obviously complete and utter nonsense so why repost it here ?

Where are the Mods when you need them ? blink.png

This way, it may find the way into Thailand. New ideas are always appreciated, I guess!

Urban legend or real deal, anything that causes me to pause and ponder the ways people can come up with to victimize me and my loved ones is welcome.

Maybe it's not a baby basket and maybe it's a glob of paint tossed on my windshield instead of an egg. For awhile after reading the OP's post, I'll be extra cautious about distractions that may be contrived to lure me into letting my guard down.

At worst, I have wasted 30 seconds reading the post (plus another minute or three writing this reply). Or maybe I'll be entertained looking up the legend on Scopes. Or maybe I'll keep on driving when the paintball hits my windshield and they'll get the next guy that comes along...

Thanks for posting, OP.

Wouldn't say that. A couple of years ago, before the police got a couple of reports, that ropes were used, down in Rawai, to get people from the motorcycle, there were some hints on such incidents.

Most Thai's aren't stopping in the night for a motorcycles plus driver, laying beside the road, on quiet roads!

If there are other vehicles to see, maybe, but if not: sorry and bye bye! May have the reason with becoming responsible, too. But I got told, it wouldn't be the first time, someone got tricked this way.

Also he Thai ladies on motorcycles knowing very well, why they hiding their handbags under the jacket, minimum before the body. It's very unusual, to see one driving around like western ladies, handbag over the shoulder and at the side only!

The reason for this may be the 'x-files' on Thursdays, 23.00 (Chanel 7, I think). And that they can read the Thai news.giggle.gif

Edited by sbk
deleted quoted post removed

This is the ladies forum, coming in and asking why it is Thailand related is not gonna happen. I don't go into the football forum and ask what the EPL has to do with Thailand so lets just drop that pointless maneuver.

As for the OP, yes a bit much I think and really no need to post in all caps, thanks. But the truth is women are often targets and may need to be reminded that things may not always be what they seem to be.

• Like 1

Eggs with water do not turn milky...

If someone is throwing paint on your windscreen and you don't use yr windscreen wipers, you won't be able to see anyway!

In this day and age of 3g and mobile technology if you stop for anything on a dark and deserted road and leave your vehicle, you're bonkers.

Ladies, if you know your route will take you through remote lanes in the dark then make sure you do basic prep. Sufficient battery on phone, torch in car, sufficient petrol, tires pumped and checked for nails etc and someone knows you're coming and when expected to arrive.

That said, forget the baby by the side of the road, if you put a sign saying, Jimmy Choo all night 50% sale this way, nearly every girl I've ever dated would walk into that field/wood herself.

Sent from Android, please excuse errors in type or judgement.

That said, forget the baby by the side of the road, if you put a sign saying, Jimmy Choo all night 50% sale this way, nearly every girl I've ever dated would walk into that field/wood herself.

So true, so true!

Well basically it's too subtle for Thailand, well at least in the sticks. I've read stories of guy's stoning cars, and robbing and murdering the inhabitants when they stopped. Don't stop, for anything. go to the nearest inhabited area and report it to the police. You're gonna get one or two wild cards in every country. It is really a very safe country, especially for Farangs, cos they know if they mess wiv you their's gonna be a big stink. Thai on Thai violence is a different thing.

• 3 weeks later...