Drunk Driving Crackdown In Force

khwaibah

Nothing wrong with adopting said influences. It's the rules & regs that'll transform it for the worse... imagine a Thailand adhering to the ways of the West wholesale is what femi is getting at me thinks.

The problem jack is that it's a total illusion that the british press is free. I guess the same is the case for america. When i first came to thailand, to read the bangkok post and nation was a bit of a culture shock for me because i really started to find out for the first time the legacy of the fighting machines that the US and UK are. I also got to read about many other countries in the world and how they were getting on, the problems and successes they had. They were proper free newspapers, but in time these two papers have started mirroring the crap from british newspapers. Like everything else it seems, from government and media we get them aping the bad bits from the west (ie western governments and western media) while the thai people themselves adopt the bits of western culture that they want like music and travel. The latter is much closer to free choice than all these rules and regulations being stuffed down their throats.

Western governments like US, UK, France are natural born killers and have the most disgustingly shameful records in human rights. I mean, they spend most of their time in other countries butchering entire swathes of local communities.

To copy that lot is a disaster, and it's not looking good from my vantage point.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

heybruce, i completely and totally disagree with you. So much so it's not worth me expanding, except i can't help but wonder if you would like thailand to adopt the extremely violent societies that america and britain have. Is that one of the aspects of their culture you'd like to come to thailand? Because you can't cherry pick when it comes to culture.

As I've repeatedly stated, I'm leaving it up to the Thai's to pick. Who do you think is doing the picking? Who do you think should be in charge of cultural evolution?

By the way, I think you'll find that violent crime in Britain is much less than in Thailand, and the murder rate in the U.S. is slightly less than Thailand.

heybruce, i completely and totally disagree with you. So much so it's not worth me expanding, except i can't help but wonder if you would like thailand to adopt the extremely violent societies that america and britain have. Is that one of the aspects of their culture you'd like to come to thailand? Because you can't cherry pick when it comes to culture.

As I've repeatedly stated, I'm leaving it up to the Thai's to pick. Who do you think is doing the picking? Who do you think should be in charge of cultural evolution?

By the way, I think you'll find that violent crime in Britain is much less than in Thailand, and the murder rate in the U.S. is slightly less than Thailand.

But the murder rate by the US government is far superior to any other country on the planet. As for the UK, you just have to be joking.

Have they got bored and given up yet, or are they still at it. Have they just been targetting the city/King Dong Road, or taking in the ring roads also?... whistling.gif

King Dong Road ?

Hang Dong Road, long, not unlike the dude with the appendage from the '80s.

Hang Dong Road doesn't get police checks, unless you count the Airport Plaza Intersection where they often have daytime helmet checks. Probably because it's too straight; you could see a checkpoint from miles away.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai