How Keen Are Bangkok Airways On Carry On Luggage Weight

nong38

I will soon be flying with them from Chiang Mai to Bangkok, carry on weight is 7kg, the case weighs 3 kg so does not leave me much, so do they weigh or not? The option would be to put it in the hold. Any experiences and thoughts ( helpful) would be gratefully recieved, thanks.

Edited by nong38

I've known them to be sharp on the combined weight, annoyingly I had a bag at 23kg and carry on about 2 kg, they made me put the extra 3kg into my hand luggage. maybe just bad luck, maybe just a bad day, but all I can do is report as found. smile.png

I've known them to be sharp on the combined weight, annoyingly I had a bag at 23kg and carry on about 2 kg, they made me put the extra 3kg into my hand luggage. maybe just bad luck, maybe just a bad day, but all I can do is report as found. smile.png

you must be kidding aren't you ?

I am flying BKK AIR frequently and I have NEVER EVER seen them weighing hand-luggage !

They just don't do that. therefore, not any kind of "combined weight" either.

and they are usually very very generous when it comes to checked-in luggage as well.

maybe you are talking about AirAsia but certainly not BKK Air.

@ OP:

as ENDURE already mentioned, by just signing up for their FF-program you already get 10 KG extra - which is another indication that they are very generous (no other Airline in the world does that as far as I know) and don't care much about carry-on luggage weight, unless someone does carry completely crazy items

I've only flown Bangkok Airways about a dozen times and they have never weighed, or even looked at, my carry-on luggage and I've gone over the 7kg limit several times.

I am flying BKK AIR frequently and I have NEVER EVER seen them weighing hand-luggage !

and they are usually very very generous when it comes to checked-in luggage as well.

@ OP:

as ENDURE already mentioned, by just signing up for their FF-program you already get 10 KG extra - which is another indication that they are very generous (no other Airline in the world does that as far as I know) and don't care much about carry-on luggage weight, unless someone does carry completely crazy items

I'm resisting the temptation to be sarcastic.......it's a real struggle but!!!!!!

Try reading what I said..........I said they got me to remove 3 kg from my bag and put it into my hand luggage.........and not I'm not kidding, that's what happened to me and I did point out it was maybe just bad luck blink.png

Gawd some people should read what's written, and while I'm at it, I do know the difference between BKK Air and AirAsia coffee1.gif

• Like 2

Correct. This guy's either trolling or he's a one-off tourist (with a big mouth) rather than a frequent flyer.

BKK Air don't weigh hand luggage.

Edited by RomanGladiator
  • Like 1

Correct. This guy's either trolling or he's a one-off tourist (with a big mouth) rather than a frequent flyer.

While I agree and have never been asked its a bit of a blanket statement to say they NEVER check.

I guess they would if your hand luggage was ridiculous.

While I agree and have never been asked its a bit of a blanket statement to say they NEVER check.

I guess they would if your hand luggage was ridiculous.

It's a bit late now, but .. how much hand luggage did you have?

Why don't you contact http://bangkokair.com/eng

I would suggest you were extremely unlucky that day mate.

Many of us have never had a problem....and I've taken much more through on occasion!

Yup......I think I was, but I was only reporting as found. There's been plenty of times ( a couple of hundred? ) where I haven't been pulled about baggage but BKK Air sure did that day.

I even pointed out to the girl that my combined weight was 25 kg, but she made me transfer the 3kg to my hand luggage.

Jobsworth. annoyed.gif

I would suggest you were extremely unlucky that day mate.

Many of us have never had a problem....and I've taken much more through on occasion!

Are you signed up for there FF program if so you will get more weight. I got charged in June fromCM to BKK 300 some baht didn't have the number for my FF card handie. They have never weighted my carry on.

If your checked-in luggage is too heavy, then they can say could offer you to pack something in your hand luggage so you don't have to pay for the extra weight. If you do then they could check your hand luggage.

If your checked-in luggage is NOT too heavy, they won't check your hand luggage.

As I never show my big and heavy hand luggages when I check in even the worst axxholes US and EU companies never managed to make problem.

So why not just ignoring them as they deserve, they are the one who started first to treat us this way !