Drug Smuggling - Another Cautionary Tale

Eff1n2ret

I'm suprised he didn't want to be transfered to a holiday camp in the UK. Ooops sorry, i mean prison. whistling.gif

According to the article, he could have applied for a transfer to the UK after 4 years but he opted not to do so because under the terms of agreements regarding such matters he would still have been obliged to serve at least half his remaining sentence, which at that time would have meant a further 23 years in chokey - so he chose to tough it out.

I'm suprised he didn't want to be transfered to a holiday camp in the UK. Ooops sorry, i mean prison. whistling.gif

According to the article, he could have applied for a transfer to the UK after 4 years but he opted not to do so because under the terms of agreements regarding such matters he would still have been obliged to serve at least half his remaining sentence, which at that time would have meant a further 23 years in chokey - so he chose to tough it out.

He must have known no one would buy his book if he spent his time in swampy.

Serves him right, 4lbs of smack idiot.

I was making a funny.

But if you wan't a serious answer. The reason he stayed in the Thai prison, is because he thought he would get a Royal pardon after a short period. Didn't work out that way though. If he transfered to a UK prison he would of done the 23 years.

What he probably didn't know was, even in the UK prison, he can still get a Royal pardon and be released. If any of you have watched Banged up abroad and seen the story of a women transfered from a Thai prison too a UK one, she got a Royal pardon and released.

I'll see if i can find the video to back my story up.

Found it. Go to 43:52. 3 and a half years in uk prison before Royal pardon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV3JU3zR--o

Edited by dean999