Phuket Misses Out On Miss Tourism World 2012

webfact

Phuket misses out on Miss Tourism World 2012

Phuket Gazette

w1.jpeg

The 60 Miss Tourism World 2012 finalists will not be coming to Phuket. Photo: MissTourismWorld.com

w2.jpeg

Already familiar with Thailand, Alina Ciorogariu, Miss Tourism World Romania 2003, attends an event to honour HRH Crown Prince Maha Vajiralongkon's 60th birthday. Photo: MissTourismWorld.com

PHUKET: -- To give other tourist destinations the chance to promote themselves, the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) has decided that Phuket will not be on the list of places the bevy of beauties from Miss Tourism World 2012 will be visiting.

Taking place from December 2-15, this is the first time Thailand will host the Miss Tourism World pageant, which includes finalists from 60 countries.

While in Thailand, they will visit some of the country's other prime tourist destinations, including Ayutthaya, Bangkok, Haad Yai, Pattaya and Krabi.

After “strutting their stuff” around the selected provinces, the ladies will return to Bangkok on December 15, where the winners will be announced at the prestigious Siam Niramit theater.

Chanchai Doungjit Director of the TAT Phuket office told the Phuket Gazette, “I spoke with Tourism Authority of Thailand Governor Suraphon Svetasreni and he explained that Phuket is already famous among tourists from all over the world, therefore the TAT would like to promote other beautiful places in Thailand.

“The tourism industry has helped Phuket generate significant revenue, so the TAT decided that the Miss Tourism World 2012 competition was the ideal opportunity to help other tourist areas to generate income,” he added.

Source: http://www.phuketgaz...2012-18136.html

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2012-10-10

Hmmm so Phuket is out because as its A 'Miss Tourism world pageant' visiting a place where a tour operator was recenlty stabbed to death wouldnt look good for Thailand. So lets take them to Ayuttaya that will be flooded, or Bangkok that will show them how not to run a city, Haad Yai where they might be shot by insurgents, Pattaya (so they know if this daft competion doesnt secure them fame they have an alternate income) or Krabi that is full of litter. Well done TAT. Amazing Thailand indeed!!!

Could someone please explain the meaning of the OP's statement........

“strutting their stuff” around the selected provinces. What exactly is their "stuff" ?

Do they have some special ' tricks ' in store. Yea, the Hadd Yai presentation will be something special, all dressed up in bomb suits and burkas. crazy.gifcheesy.gif

BTW. I can only count 34 in the picture despite the tag that says 60. Poof !! Have 26 been taken out already by mercenaries b/4 even getting to Hadd Yai, drowned in the pool, there's been a lot lately, or is it the usual crap standard of the Phuket Gazette at work again.

Edited by sportsman69

strut one's stuff

Sl.
to walk proudly and show off one's best features or talents.
Get out there on that stage and strut your stuff! I'm going to strut my stuff and become a star.

See also: strut, stuff

McGraw-Hill Dictionary of American Idioms and Phrasal Verbs. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.

strut your stuff (informal, humorous)

to show your skill at doing something that involves movement, especially dancing
I thought you'd be up there on the dance floor, strutting your stuff!

See also: strut, stuff

Cambridge Idioms Dictionary, 2nd ed. Copyright © Cambridge University Press 2006. Reproduced with permission.

strut your stuff

to show other people what you can do well
I thought you'd be up there on the dance floor, strutting your stuff!
It was a chance for the city to strut its stuff with a series of public concerts and festivals.
Investment managers were eager to strut their stuff before their corporate board in Chicago last Thursday.

Etymology: from the literal meaning of strut (to walk proudly in a way that attracts attention)