Car And Driver Cost?

peanut

depends on size of vehicle and if you are staying local or venturing out and about... often cost does not include the gas...which must be paid additionally at the end of the day... and of course, depends on how long the "day" is.

can start around 1200-1500 baht/day is my personal experience... a few months ago got a nice new SUV diesel to go up to MaeSai and it was 1800 (maybe 2,000?) ...started at 8 am and ended at 9pm...

When the g/f's relatives come up from Hat Yai they always rent a mini-van almost every day they are here. They pay 1700 Baht for the day plus gasoline. The last time they were here the driver would come around 7:30 every morning and pick everyone up and the day would end at about 21:30.

I would like to point out that there is the usual touristy stuff close in where you can walk around such as the old city or take a songhtow for 20 baht a head.Like one trip to the Zoo and another one up the hill to the temple overlooking Chiang Mai. total cost for one 80 baht. No more than 100 baht.

Yes there is lot's of usual touristy stuff you can do if you want to travel out of town. 1,200 baht sounded like a good price to me.

Thanks for all the replies!

I would need a regular car, for 3-4 people only.

We will be staying for a few days (6-8) so I would like to explore the natural sights a bit too. I think that a car would be better for that, as public transportation is not so great from what I understand.

Journycnx has been doing deals all summer long. Think its was 700day. Their current deal is until the end of Oct and is 800/day. But even their regular prices are around 1000Bday

There are some cars on their website for 900 a day but when I sent them an email asking for a quote for one week they said 1200 :(