Chocolates

gennisis

I usualy get a box of assorted Belgium chocs from 'Duc du Praslin' in CM. For the last year, each choc was arround 20 baht.

Yesterday they were 26-28 baht ,,,a thumping 28-30% increase.

The world price for cocoa has admittedly increased,but with the high baht and low pound a big price increase seems excessive.

Just one more of my little luxuries being targeted.

Too bad, I banned myself to Belgium this month, bought 500gm of Leonidas white manons yesterday, paid 5.75 euros, around 225B.

Will check the price of Neuhaus (my preferred brand) tomorrow, probably around 30 euro/kg?

Mmmmmmmmm, white Manons from Leonidas. My absolute favourite of chocolates. wub.png

That, Lindemans kriek, Duvel and a Roggeverdoemeke are what I miss most here in Thailand.

Enjoy yourself !

Yermanee wai2.gif

Too bad, I banned myself to Belgium this month, bought 500gm of Leonidas white manons yesterday, paid 5.75 euros, around 225B.

Will check the price of Neuhaus (my preferred brand) tomorrow, probably around 30 euro/kg?

Going that extra yard just to keep your title accurate. biggrin.png But have to agree Leonidas chocolates are great i always make sure my Belgian relatives bring me some if they visit. Unfortunately they only visited Holland not Thailand tongue.png

Ouch sick.gif

Walked Galerie de la Reine yesterday where Neuhaus opened the first pralines shop on the planet.

60, yes sixty euros/ kilo, 2400 baht!

How much the Duc de Praslin in Bangkok???

Are they equally good (don't think so but...)

Will have a one night stop over heading home (Isaan) in BKK oct 30, not far from Duc de Praslin.

Edited by tartempion

Out of the mostly crap available in normal shops here, the red-labelled Swiss one's OK, as is Dove in a pinch, but my favorite's a German brand called "Chocolate 4 U" or something, the green one's a hazelnut praline. If you find it in a 7-11 with high enough turnover and consistent air-conditioning it's quite nice, but those conditions only hold in the farang ghetto areas unfortunately.