Pattaya Police Arrest Foreign Auto-Theft Suspect

Rimmer

Pattaya Police arrest foreign auto-theft suspect

norway-6.jpg

PATTAYA:--Confusion surrounds a case of auto-theft involving a foreign man, possibly of Norwegian nationality, who was arrested by Pattaya Police on Wednesday Night.

Officers were called to a motorbike rental shop close to the Siam Bayshore Hotel in South Pattaya where the owner had detained the man, accused of renting a bike from him and not returning it.

Khun Anucha aged 35, spotted the man earlier in the night and confirmed to Police that he had rented a Honda PCX motorbike from him in June of this year for 1 week at a price of 1,400 Baht with a 2,000 Baht refundable deposit. The bike was rented by the man who presented a photocopy of a Norwegian Passport under the name of Mr. Hoge Alex aged 40, originally born in Cape Town, South Africa.

When the bike was not returned to the shop owner a Police Report was filed and Khun Anucha determined the same man had rented bikes from other shops and also failed to return them. It was also revealed that other people using the same contact number as the suspect, had also rented bikes which were not returned, suggesting he may be part of a motorbike theft ring.

Police found the suspect was carrying a number of passports with him which led them to the conclusion that the Norwegian passport may be fake. The suspect appeared to originate from India as he spoke fluent Hindi to a Police translator.

Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/63818/pattaya-police-arrest-foreign-auto-theft-suspect/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2012-10-11

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

A Thai once warned me to beware of jek dam and khaek khao (Dark Chinese and Pale Indians). These people are not to be trusted or believed ever.

I tried dismiss her exhortations as a mixture of racism and fancy.

However this case shows there may be more to her ideas.

Briggsy: Only an idiot would draw such a conclusion based on the statisical analysis of one situation or maybe you are just a typical ignorant racist and don't know any better.

Edited by aguy30
  • Like 1

I think this would be a civil offense anywhere in the west and not a criminal one.

Can you please backup such a ridiculous statement with hard evidence?

ermm.gif

In most countries failure to return rental property is most certainly a criminal offense

Edited by Asiantravel

I think this would be a civil offense anywhere in the west and not a criminal one.

ermm.gif

In most countries failure to return rental property is most certainly a criminal offense

Regardless, seems very unfair to label somebody a criminal for forgetting/failing to return their stuff. You certainly don't go to jail for failing to pay back debts in most western countries. With cases like this nobody is going to rent anything.

I once rented a motorbike here and forgot to return it on the exact day. The next day a lone cop comes in and the owners make me out to be a criminal. Totally unfair. I will never rent anything here again.

Edited by meatballs

That picture has to be the best finger pointing one of the year! 3 no less! Beautiful composition as well.

Naaah, take a closer look at the lady far left, and you will notice that they actually are dancing the Macarena.

macarena.gif

Edited by jbrain

ermm.gif

Regardless, seems very unfair to label somebody a criminal for forgetting/failing to return their stuff. You certainly don't go to jail for failing to pay back debts in most western countries. With cases like this nobody is going to rent anything.

I once rented a motorbike here and forgot to return it on the exact day. The next day a lone cop comes in and the owners make me out to be a criminal. Totally unfair. I will never rent anything here again.

Are you for real or are you just trolling ?

huh.png

Erm…… I think you cross the line when your ' forgetfulness' to return the rented items becomes a permanent state of affairs. If you rented it for a week and keep it you can't turn round a month later and hope to get away with saying " I forgot "

rolleyes.gif

Edited by Asiantravel

Can you please backup such a ridiculous statement with hard evidence?ermm.gif

Are you for real or are you just trolling ?huh.png

Erm…… I think you cross the line when your ' forgetfulness' to return the rented items becomes a permanent state of affairs. If you rented it for a week and keep it you can't turn round a month later and hope to get away with saying " I forgot " rolleyes.gif

Same as the people who omit to pay at a shopping center, they just forgot giggle.gif