Mityon Pattaya Not Ferang Friendly!?

media

I had exactly the same problem at the Mityon on Pattaya South. They had 4- 5 staff doing nothing but I could not get served. Even speaking Thai and telling them I wanted to buy a reasonably expensive bike (for there) only got me a response telling me the price. So I left. I then went to the one on Pattaya Klang where the young girl with short hair could not have been nicer or more helpful. I wanted to buy the Sym 400i but they only had that model in P South. She made a quick phone call and 30 minutes later the bike arived and she had over 200K in the till. I hope she gets commission

Let me second that compliment. I think it's the same girl I dealt with, a friendly, attractive tom, if I'm not mistaking. I've walked in there three times now trying to decide what to get. Each time she's been very, very helpful. The dealer doesn't have the colour and wheel combination of Suzuki Hayate I want to look at so she offered to get it in just for me to have a look, no obligation. She called around too. That's who I'm going to buy the bike from.

I would also highly recommend anyone buying a bike to stay well away from the unhelpful and untruthful salespeople at the Mityon South Pattaya.

I just purchased a new bike there, before reading all the recommendations against it!

I told them I wanted blue, they said there's none left, anywhere, and then try's some heavy pressure to get me to choose the black one he has on the floor.

I told them I'd seen two sitting out front of another dealership, so the salesperson says that it can't be true, he's asked around all the dealerships already, so I told him I wasn't talking about another Mityon... and he looked stumped and went away and came back in 5 mins saying he can get me one, but not electric start.

I tell him the ones i've seen had electric start and I will just go there to buy it, but he tells me to wait another couple minutes and then comes back and says OK he's found one.

20 mins later he rides a new blue bike with electric start in.

So the liar was just wasting my time for an hour all along.

Then they tell me that I can't get insurance to cover damages to the bike, but after I'm done I can get that elsewhere for around 400B per year, on top of the 2500 i've just paid for 2 years Theft that they give you.

Not true, The other insurance place tells me that they should have let me get Fully Comprehensive Insurance elsewhere which includes theft.

You can't get fully comprehensive that excludes theft.

So I've wasted a bunch of money getting two policies for theft thanks to the helpful staff at Mityon.

• 7 months later...

Bought a new Yamaha fino,Mityon opposite big c pattaya klang,sales 100% after sales 100%,friendly,helpful polite attentive and near perfect English,a smile,an excuse me and a thank you works for me and some times when shopping here is a virtue,there are too many faranges(sic)who do nothing but whinge and complain,for the sake of the rest of us GO HOME!

Edited by splodger

I just recently went to that Mityon, opposite Big C Pattaya Klang, to do an ownership transfer of my Yamaha. Worked perfectly. Again, the short-haired tom girl came through and everyone else was nice too. It's 800 baht, by the way and Mityon does the whole process so you don't have to go out to the DLT office in the jungle.

Why not give that money to the missus so she can buy it herself in her name without all the hassle for you.

Or buy her a bicycle if its only for go seven and somtam what an investment to get some thai junkfood jezus christ mate.

http://www.bikez.com/motorcycles/sym_maxsym_400i_abs_2012.php

Sym 400i is a good choice for someone who can't get on and off a real motorcycle. Looks like an overgrown Honda step through scooter without the nice trim. Up to you.

A fine and intelligent quote from someone who clearly speaks before thinking. I sold my 900cc Kawasaki as I was tired of trying to weave through Pattaya traffic. The Sym is excellent for traffic and the open road so now I have one bike instead of two. Sorted.

And the girl in Mittyon Pattaya Klang is called Gift. She is a lovely girl who is as helpful as anyone I have ever dealt with in Thailand. Two of my friends, who are also obviously not real men, have bought Sym 400's from her and have said the same. One of them prefers it to the Aprila sports bike he uses in the UK. Perhaps thats because he can't get on and off it!

• 2 months later...

I think Briggsy hit the nail on the head - far too many time wasters about who just want to wander around showrooms wasting staff time, not you in this instance but may help explain the level of attention you received. Unfortunately this scenario is not unique to Mityon.

Unless you work there you don't know how many time wasters there are during the day. The staff do not know if you are wasting their time, they should not assume, they should treat everyone with professional courtesy. If the conversion rate from conversation to a sale is low then that's the business they are in, if they want high conversion rate then work on the checkouts in big c where there is no selling and 100% of people who come to you are buying.

I am currently in 2 minds right now about what to buy,, I have a PCX150 for around town but i would like something that can be used for longer distances,, i am looking at cruiser bikes such as honda shadow, new honda Forza or may be even new Kawasaki Vulcan. I am undecided so I would like someone to actually come up and sell to me in this instance, it would make a nice change.

In short don't make excuses for crap service. they work in a shop that sells motorbikes and that requires potentially lengthy conversations helping the customers decide,, that is all they do, nothing more so they should be getting it right.

Anyone advise somewhere good for service and advice?

I think Briggsy hit the nail on the head - far too many time wasters about who just want to wander around showrooms wasting staff time, not you in this instance but may help explain the level of attention you received. Unfortunately this scenario is not unique to Mityon.

Unless you work there you don't know how many time wasters there are during the day. The staff do not know if you are wasting their time, they should not assume, they should treat everyone with professional courtesy. If the conversion rate from conversation to a sale is low then that's the business they are in, if they want high conversion rate then work on the checkouts in big c where there is no selling and 100% of people who come to you are buying.

I am currently in 2 minds right now about what to buy,, I have a PCX150 for around town but i would like something that can be used for longer distances,, i am looking at cruiser bikes such as honda shadow, new honda Forza or may be even new Kawasaki Vulcan. I am undecided so I would like someone to actually come up and sell to me in this instance, it would make a nice change.

In short don't make excuses for crap service. they work in a shop that sells motorbikes and that requires potentially lengthy conversations helping the customers decide,, that is all they do, nothing more so they should be getting it right.

Anyone advise somewhere good for service and advice?

Many of these 'time wasters' are genuine future customers who only waste staff time because they have to ask the price of every bike they are interested in. If prices were marked it would be easy to browse and leave without 'wasting' anyone's time. A decent salesperson would then just need to look out for a customer who appeared to be looking around for more information and as such be a more likely sales target.

• Like 2

The simply explanation to many of these issues is that the staff are simply intimidated and shy to speak English.

More often that not its nothing more than that.

You can often see the relief flow over staff in these places when we ask a question in Thai.

I appreciate the lack of attentiveness of sales staff there, so I can just wander around and look at the new bikes without being bothered by anyone standing beside me.

You can find all the specks in the brochures or online, and prices don't vary much from shop to shop - so why would I need to talk with a staff member unless I was ready to buy? It's very difficult to find any Thai salesman in any store who can speak technical English let alone basic English, so there's no point in talking to anyone.

Why do all these bike topics end up being a contest on who has the biggest c...? If its got two wheels, its a bike, so hope you "real men" get over it. I read these topics to get some insight on buying a new bike, (sorry, a moped), not who has the biggest!

Mine's enormous........and so's my bike.

Why do all these bike topics end up being a contest on who has the biggest c...? If its got two wheels, its a bike, so hope you "real men" get over it. I read these topics to get some insight on buying a new bike, (sorry, a moped), not who has the biggest!

Mine's enormous........and so's my bike.

post-81023-0-02345600-1378084188_thumb.j

• Like 1

I had the same experience as the OP at Mityon Pattaya at the junction of Pattaya south (tai) and 3rd road. No customer service, no english language brochures. I walked out after 20 minutes

• 1 month later...

I bought my PCX150 at a dealer in Bowin: Asia City Motor Company- Honda (app 25-30km from Pattaya). Roughly 7000 bath cheaper and very friendly staff but only 1 or 2 can speak English.

They brought the bike to my house in Patts. for free.

I don't know why they are so rude here in Pattaya, maybe they learnt from the customerswhistling.gif

I had a similar experience as the poster above making my purchase in Bowin.

Can't say the Mityon Pattaya dealers are bad but the Bowin Honda people do make the extra effort to please.

I phoned, the price was right, they even came and picked me up, delivered me to the dealership, got the royal treatment with free delivery and old school, friendly Thai service.

Saved over 7,000bt on a Honda SH150i.

• Like 1

@UncleJ

Thanks for sharing; I like doing business with companies that appreciate their customers.

The cashier at Honda Big Bike in Chiang Mai needs some lessons on customer courtesy. Had a brake light bulb replaced on a CBR250, that took less than five minutes.

But paying for the bulb was another matter...

First the cashier was no where to be found.

After ten minutes she is at her desk and the service guy gives her my job order. She has me write my phone number down, which I do. She makes a face and wants me to rewrite it. I ask politely in Thai what she wants, she ignores me and rudely jabs her finger at the paper and motions with her hand to write again. I rewrite my number and the process begins. She enters and reenters the information for 15 minutes (not enough brains to forego a mobile number) then finally produces three copies of the bill and yeah she wants me to sign each one. Labor 70 baht, bulb 30 baht. Normally a brake bulb is 40 or 50 baht installed.

The money really didn't bother me but her treating me like I was a criminal and wasting almost 30 minutes of my time did.

Ah well, TIT, its great here- until its not, 555+

To OP, I got exactly the same treatment at the same store, and at the same location, and I did the same thing you did, just walked out with 60k baht in my pocket, ready to buy. I had visited the location previously several months before and got a price.

I then went to a used bike shop, bought the bike that I wanted which was only 6 months on the road, had only 2800 km on it, for about 20k baht less than Mityon's price. PM me if you want the used bike shop location where I purchased.

• 2 months later...

FYI:

Mityon has ~ 60 locations in & around Patts, including the 2nd hand lots and aftermarket shop.

Dealers prefer Thai customers as they tend to finance at high interest rates rather than buy cash.

Not much profit in selling a bike at <$2000 I guess...so ferang, don't hold your breath on tip top service.

FYI:

Mityon has ~ 60 locations in & around Patts, including the 2nd hand lots and aftermarket shop.

Dealers prefer Thai customers as they tend to finance at high interest rates rather than buy cash.

Not much profit in selling a bike at <$2000 I guess...so ferang, don't hold your breath on tip top service.

Strange comment, most of them seem to offer 0% finance?

FYI:

Wow, Mityon offers 0% finance on the mass market product like Wave, Mio etc? That must be new.

I never bought a bike on finance but met quit a few Thais that paid very high interest rate for new scooter (not only at Mityon). Something like 15000 THB on a 50000 THB bike in 3 years for interest.

FYI:

Wow, Mityon offers 0% finance on the mass market product like Wave, Mio etc? That must be new.

I never bought a bike on finance but met quit a few Thais that paid very high interest rate for new scooter (not only at Mityon). Something like 15000 THB on a 50000 THB bike in 3 years for interest.

Well i am not actually sure, hence the question mark, but i do see a lot of signs on the bikes 0%, but maybe it is zero percent down?

• 5 months later...

Seems that Mityon has centralized its repair-sections.

There is a new big repair-shop on South Pattaya Road from Sukhumvit towards 3rd Road.

Pass the entrance of Big C and drive on for 150-200 meters.

You'll find them on your left hand side; easy to spot with hundreds of 2nd bikes on display as well as the cute "Champ" tri-cycles and some SYM bikes.

Every Mityon shop still has one place for preparing sold bikes, but repairs are being done at the new place.

Yes. I did the 1000km service there a few weeks ago. Unfortunately nobody speaks English there. I regret that i didn't bought my bike at the Yamaha Shop at Threppasit Road. Just another mistake.

• 3 years later...
On 6/24/2014 at 2:57 PM, alocacoc said:

Yes. I did the 1000km service there a few weeks ago. Unfortunately nobody speaks English there. I regret that i didn't bought my bike at the Yamaha Shop at Threppasit Road. Just another mistake.

I have purchased a total of 6 new bikes and 3 second  hand bikes over 12 year period...with only one issue with a second hand bike and Mityon promptly corrected that after the sale..also i have taken 3 to 4 other people there who are completely satisfied and zero complaints...Do keep in mind that some Farangs think they be in their own country and Rude to staff and impatient...i have seen it first hand...Sometimes they be busy so patience works..also show of respect....I'm buying two more New Yamaha Grand Filano...new Model ....this coming month June 2018....with anticipation...

I have just bought a new Honda Wave (in  Bang saray)   & had the same experience at most of all the Pattaya dealerships, my wife asked one of the sales staff why,     the answer was " we know most farang will pay cash for the bike, but staff can earn more commission if the sell a bike on credit", plus of course the english language is too much like hard work.

• Like 2