Krav Maga In Chiang Mai?

PoodMaiDai

Post something at the Chabad house - maybe there are some Israeli teachers in town.

Have you tried Brazilian Jiu Jitsu? I studied both and preferred the latter. Better workout as well.

Never heard any mention of Krav Maga in Chiang Mai though it may be under the radar somewhere. Ollylama where did you find BJJ?

Chiang Mai is understandably bereft of a selection of martial arts, different styles suit different people for different reasons. My kids have done Taikwondo for years but I see it really as being a sport in its widely taught format rather than a martial art. In reality they couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag and are only one garde off black.

I'll be back home soon (should have been gone already), so will join up again with Southern Preying Mantis Kung <deleted> after many years of forced abstinence. I joined that many years ago as most of the technique is upper body with very little kicking, which suited someone with a crook back. This is a lesser known style but absolutely lethal, the training is close to full contact and it has no pretenses about being a sport. Needless to say it has a high dropout rate, hope I can still survive it. My kids will also be enrolled, no bullying in their long term future.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Chiang Mai is understandably bereft of a selection of martial arts, different styles suit different people for different reasons. My kids have done Taikwondo for years but I see it really as being a sport in its widely taught format rather than a martial art. In reality they couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag and are only one garde off black.

I'll be back home soon (should have been gone already), so will join up again with Southern Preying Mantis Kung <deleted> after many years of forced abstinence. I joined that many years ago as most of the technique is upper body with very little kicking, which suited someone with a crook back. This is a lesser known style but absolutely lethal, the training is close to full contact and it has no pretenses about being a sport. Needless to say it has a high dropout rate, hope I can still survive it. My kids will also be enrolled, no bullying in their long term future.

I trained for a few years in Chow Gar Southern Mantis with Sifu Paul Whitrod, probably one of the best martial artists in the UK. It's a shame there isn't much in the way of decent martial arts except Thai Boxing in Chiang Mai. I did some training with a Chinese guy who taught Hsing I for a while but that's all I've ever really found.

Post something at the Chabad house - maybe there are some Israeli teachers in town.

Have you tried Brazilian Jiu Jitsu? I studied both and preferred the latter. Better workout as well.

Never heard any mention of Krav Maga in Chiang Mai though it may be under the radar somewhere. Ollylama where did you find BJJ?

http://tqmmathailand.com/

http://tqmmathailand.com/team-quest-thailand-mma-alex/

Their BJJ instructor is a brown belt under Eddie Bravo