How Thin Is Your Skin?

tinfoilhat

I would prefer the forum is used for worthwhile, constructive and informative articles and responses

It is very annoying reading through trolls and stupid moron's replies.

I feel it is childish to try and wind people up especial;ly when you don't know them.

However I have to accept there are those who use this forum as light entertainment who seem to have a very low IQ and have no intention of trying to help another forum member but just take the p**s.

I think its great that members of Mensa such as your goodself find time to discuss these sorts of things with us plebs on TV and give us your wisdom oh great one...

No I am not a member of mensa but would suggest that my IQ is rather higher than a lot members on TV.

I never expected anything less from the replies I have recieved from my OP, I think it just proves my point.

I have been a member of an Ex Pat forums in other countries and never have I seen such childish replies.

If someone wants to have a laugh or joke or play a game at someones else's expense then why not go to the 'joke and games ' section.

Yes I can laugh and joke around with the best, but what annoys me is a member will sometimes start a resonable OP

only to be replied with stupid (many times off topic) replies where all one was doing was asking or giving advice.

Would many of the TV members give the same response to someone who is standing in front of them?

I think not, but it is ok to hide behind a keyboard.

Yes, I now await more idiotic replies. But one thing I am sure of is that my OP and this post will not improve the standard on TV.

Sometimes it is too late to grow up.

i think you are having a go. good for you.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Did you know that given the space pigs crap at the opposite end of the pen to their drinking water

How come they have earned such a bad reputation on matters of personal hygiene! Are you saying it's just a malicious form of pigism!biggrin.png

Indeed....a bad rap....promoted in their ignorance by those that do not know pigs......however there is correctness in the phrase 'eating like a pig'......they are very noisy at feeding time

Did you know that given the space pigs crap at the opposite end of the pen to their drinking water

How come they have earned such a bad reputation on matters of personal hygiene! Are you saying it's just a malicious form of pigism!biggrin.png

Indeed....a bad rap....promoted in their ignorance by those that do not know pigs......however there is correctness in the phrase 'eating like a pig'......they are very noisy at feeding time

Aren't you just trying to be a boar!biggrin.png

I would prefer the forum is used for worthwhile, constructive and informative articles and responses

I feel it is childish to try and wind people up especial;ly when you don't know them.

However I have to accept there are those who use this forum as light entertainment who seem to have a very low IQ and have no intention of trying to help another forum member but just take the p**s.

I think its great that members of Mensa such as your goodself find time to discuss these sorts of things with us plebs on TV and give us your wisdom oh great one...

No I am not a member of mensa but would suggest that my IQ is rather higher than a lot members on TV.

I never expected anything less from the replies I have recieved from my OP, I think it just proves my point.

I have been a member of an Ex Pat forums in other countries and never have I seen such childish replies.

If someone wants to have a laugh or joke or play a game at someones else's expense then why not go to the 'joke and games ' section.

Yes I can laugh and joke around with the best, but what annoys me is a member will sometimes start a resonable OP

only to be replied with stupid (many times off topic) replies where all one was doing was asking or giving advice.

Would many of the TV members give the same response to someone who is standing in front of them?

Yes, I now await more idiotic replies. But one thing I am sure of is that my OP and this post will not improve the standard on TV.

I invite you not agree that it is pompous rather than intelligent to tell a group of people you have recently met that you believe your level of intelligence is rather higher than theirs.

I further invite you to agree that your perception of TV and the purpose it serves is simply one of a number of differing views.

The people you criticise may in fact be very intelligent but they don't conduct themselves in a way that you approve of and their motivation for being TV members may be different to your own.

TV members are clearly an heterogeneous mix of people, markedly more heterogeneous than you would meet in a club back home. Your status on TV is contingent on the quality of your postings. I believe that most people on TV enjoy the cut and thrust of the humor and most people seeking advice get a measure of genuine help.

You need to adjust to the climate!

Quote: 'your status on TV is contingent on the quality o your postings'

Say no more as I have already said it!

p.s. I have not 'recently met' these people.

I have never 'met' these people as you have implied.

if I knew them personally then yes it is ok to banter, take the piss and joke with them if the occassion warrants it.

Pormax: " if I knew them personally then yes it is ok to banter, take the piss and joke with them if the occassion warrants it."

This is your rule so don't be surprised if there are those who are hostile to someone coming along and creating their own rules.

You have "met" everyone you have interacted with on the thread, the thread is the meeting place.

Quality is not always the intellectual dimension of quality.

Edited by Rajab Al Zarahni

i joined TV at the start to go onto the farming section, and still do,

im not on the wrong thred, hang on,,lol

anyway i try to help when i can,

but its better when theres a bit of piss taking going on its a far better craic,

some of the posters on tv ask for the piss to be taken, and boy do they get it,,lol

but at the end of the day its all good fun and nobody gets hurt,

well apart from me when i keep getting pulled up becouse i cant bloody spell and im thick,,lol

jake

A pig farmer talking about thick or thin skinned?

You couldn't make it up!!

I don't think most of these people even know what pork scratchings are, there's so much off-topic wittering on this thread

Jake dont you get snakes and scorpions in that rice straw?

Just another off topic witter to thicken some skin.

but its better when theres a bit of piss taking going on its a far better craic,

some of the posters on tv ask for the piss to be taken, and boy do they get it,,lol

well apart from me when i keep getting pulled up becouse i cant bloody spell and im thick,,lol

jake

I don't think most of these people even know what pork scratchings are, there's so much off-topic wittering on this thread

Something getting under your skin, SC?? wink.png

pigeonjake

jake

Something getting under your skin, SC?? wink.png

The first time we get a pork scratchings thread, and even the OP can't be bothered posting on topic. What is the world coming to?

SC

You do realise that by reacting like that and rising to the bait you're effectively putting a target on your back,don't you?whistling.gif

You do realise that by reacting like that and rising to the bait you're effectively putting a target on your back,don't you?whistling.gif

perhaps he is the bait?

bloody hell,

weve got somebody with a target on there back,

were going shooting,,lol

SC,buy one of them little ovens from big c, go to the market and buy some skin,(see on topic, you only have to mention skin,)

were was i,, oh yes, get your skin, put in hot over and hay presto after about 20mins,,CRACKLING,,lol

• Like 1

and if you want it salty, score the said skin and rub in salt and a little oil,

jake

When I was younger, we had a bit of trouble with the boys with targets on their backs. I guess some folks just can't leave their lambrettas behind them....It's all a bit quadrophenic... I'd say more, but we can't discuss them for finding ourselves a bit Cliff Richards

SC

jake

When I was younger, we had a bit of trouble with the boys with targets on their backs. I guess some folks just can't leave their lambrettas behind them....It's all a bit quadrophenic... I'd say more, but we can't discuss them for finding ourselves a bit Cliff Richards

SC

northern-soul-keep-the-faith1.jpg

• Like 1

jake

SC

northern-soul-keep-the-faith1.jpg

Oh, piss off, ye lout ye...

SC

• Like 2

That pormax guy has you lot sorted.

Whats a 'mensa'?

Mensa is the Italian word for Toilet. It is derived from the Latin "Menses" (menstruation). Toilets were originally built as small rooms for Ladies to clean themselves during menstruation and the word has passed down in Italian

Here is an example of it in Italian.

Ware iz da Mensa pleaze

tongue.pngtongue.png

Edited by I Like Thai

laugh.png