German Seeks Runaway Thai Wife For Son's Sake

webfact

After he ran out of money, his mother –in-law expelled him from the house. So Mr. Stephan took his son and began trying to find his wife in Pattaya, because he thought that his wife might be staying there, but he still did not find any trace of he

What about a DNA test? OI would make sure that it's really MY own son, not produced from somebody the Ex-wife doesn't even know...wai.gif

Does it matter if the son is from his gene pool? There is more to parenting than you might think. It's also a reason why some people adopt. If I woke up tomorrow and found out my kids were "someone else's" I'd care for them just the same because I _AM_ their _father_ and they know the same!

• Like 2

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great place to visit, Thailand. Plenty of people I know also who are spending a great retirement or end of their working days there. But unfortunately you also get these stories. The laws forbidding foreign ownership of land are a necessity but can lead to misplaced trust and loss of all assets. And the previous posts where it has been mentioned how did he spend 5m THB in 2 years. Yes, how did he? Even A whole year renting a pretty good room in Pattaya and having sex every night and expensive meals and plenty of drinks couldn't come to more than 250000 THB.

usually I just read the forum here and don´t reply but this really gets me

clearly you haven´t been to LOfakeS yet, 250.000 a year??? at least half of it would be gone for a somewhat decent room, almost all of it would cost you "expensive meals" (whatever that means) for a year, drinks might be even more and don´t get me started on the sex thing.... 250k is not even near the # of cash you need if you want to take a girl every night for one year unless of course you´re shagging the House maid LOL

10 million in 2 years seems not really that much if you consider the house, car and whatever else the lovely thai family wants and he might have been stupid enough to pay for everything they demanded... at least he´s not dumping the kid though

this story should be printed along with the comments, laminated and handed out to every farrang arriving in Thailand

• Like 2

Surely DNA testing can determine if he is the biological father or not.

More reliable than anyone just signing to say he is.

EXACTLY!!!!

he has spent 10 million THB of his money ... surely he could have just paid for a DNA test!!! the German EMBASSY knows his case, and the DNA test could have confirmed he is the dad.

something strange about this story.

Edited by easybullet3

There is one born every minute, built a house guess not in his name, what a surprise he lost it. Mind you recently I talked to a Thai lady who had a child by a German. He made a signed statement to the effect that he was the father then p----ed off back to Germany, without 'wife' and child, sent 2,000 Baht for one month then disappeared and cannot be contacted. So it works both ways.

How much is a calculater at Bic C or wherever???300 baht ?? If he bought one and had sat down for an hour or so and made a budget, he would have found out that this is not going to work lifelong without extra cash-flow. I feel sorry for him I do, but how naive and stupid can You be. Good luck for the kid whoever the father is.

Who in his right mind comes to Thailand, with no job or income, meets some girl and decides to buy a house and a car, knowing full well that the only money he has is "only" 10 million baht (so let's say £200,000 roughly) entrusted to him by his dying grandfather, and proceeds to blow it all in just 2 years? Must have been a great 2 years, and I imagine plenty of champagne was drunk and drugs consumed. This man is a 42-year-old idiot and deserves not a shred of sympathy. However, it must be said there are many like him (in a way), who come to Thailand, leaving their job back home, decide to stay, and blow through their meagre savings, with the kind assistance of a young Thai woman, and eventually find themselves living in the gutter, or almost in it, in Pattaya. The stupidity of foreigners in Thailand never ceases to amaze me. His grandfather must be turning in his grave.

Yes, short- sighted and short termed in planning and thinking. It is the common denominator of many places and people we westerners deem 3rd world.

But,at least the man is taking responsibility and showing decency and concern for his son. And he may have mismanaged his baht and made a bad partner decision, but he has a son to show for it and that's more than anyone could ask from any relationship. Hope he raises a fine young man regardless of the biological details and finds a real woman to partner and parent with!!

• Like 1

He blew 10 million baht in 2 years, if my understanding is correct? His wife and MIL might be right in thinking he is a little "odd"

Yes, I got the same impression from the article, he spent 10mil in 2 years. Shame he wasted it all before thinking to spend 10,000baht on DNA tests for himself and his son at a hospital. Wouldn't that evidence be sufficient at the German embassy for them to issue a passport in the case of an emergency? I don't know myself.

Even though the mother took off and left them under Thai law she is still the mother and outranks the father on anything to do with child, sad but true.

Would that suffice. I have a friend whose child carries a Thai and Ozzie passport, but each time he wishes to take the child out of Thailand, he must get written permission.

If they are not legally married, you can forget about the DNA test, because even as the real father you have absolutely no right. Thats the law.

It most certainly doesn't have to be like that. It can be changed on request.

It is connected to the guardianship of the child. According to Thai law a mother has 100% guardianship of the child if she was not legally married ( to the father ) when the child was born.

This, however, can be changed by a court decision. It's pretty straightforward;

1) If the mother is available, she and the father can sign a document requesting a change to shared guardianship. That takes a just couple of hours. If she is unwilling the father can request the court to rule on it. Chances are quite big that they will accept the fathers request, regardless of his nationality.

2) If the mother is absent, like in this case, the court needs six months to wait for her to contact them ( they put an ad in the Royal Gazette ) If she fails to do so, the court will transfer the full guardianship to the father.

- -

My wife did the first thing as her daughter is staying with her father and he needs to be able to sign stuff.

A daytrip to SriSaKet was all it took.

We both did the latter ( two times! ) as we are taking care of my wife's ( now ) deceased brother's daughter.

Mother is alive but absent. We never paid any bribes, we have always had a good and correct response from the authorities here. We are not rich, and I don't have a working permit or residential permit.

All papers have since been legalised in my country as well ( Sweden )

It sounds like the German guy in the article have failed to get his name on the kid's birth certificate, which really should have been done at time of issuing ( in the hospital ). <deleted> was he thinking of ? blink.png

Edited by JohanV

Another + for the Thai familybah.gif

What kind of grandmother would kick her own grandson out of the house because dad ran out of money taking care of her?

Absolutely pathetic, disgusting and heartbreaking.

This seems to be normal behavior here; would love to see some decent Thais take a stand and condemn this kind of behavior. Dont see it happening thoughsad.png

• Like 2

Odd story. He just sat there watching the money run out and did nothing? I'm 48 but still too young to retire and am focussed on accumulating wealth for later, not watching a diminishing sum with an impending sense of doom. He's only 42. Get a job.

Also we of course only know his side of the story. My missus reckons we're missing something here. So do I.

This is purely my speculation, but it's plausible.

I suspect if Mr. Stephan goes back to the house is mother in-law evicted him from he will find his ex-girlfriend. The ex doesn't want a farang or a mixed breed child. Simple to disappear to a family or friends house until the guy looses interest. Pretty good way to get a several million bhat house, all the furnishings, and a car. The mother in-law doesn't seem concerned about the daughters whereabouts so she knows where she is and this was the plan the family concocted.

but something's a bit fishy. Whose name is the house in - the wife's or the MIL's?

It will not make a difference as in who's name the house is.

For sure it can't be in his name, and he most probably also isn't married with the mother of his child, as I assume he would not need to proof his parenthood if he was married.

He blew 10 million baht in 2 years, if my understanding is correct? His wife and MIL might be right in thinking he is a little "odd"

He must be an EU politician.

No, a US liberal, forgot, they only give away money that isn't theirs!!

This is purely MY speculation, but it's plausible . . .

I suspect the German guy is actually an alien from another planet, and upon discovering this (too late), the Thai family were so shocked and dismayed, they wanted nothing more to do with him or the son.

Or am I taking speculation too far here . . . ? (note: I posted on another forum about the use of sarcasm)

Edited by Tatsujin

So he built a house to live in with his wife and son, she takes off and when the money runs out the mother in law kicks him and her grand baby out of the house that he had built with his money? I do not understand Thainess.

Why can't he go for an abandonment divorce and get half of the house, making it sold under a court order. That will bring the Thai user here out of her hiding hole.

• Like 1

When his grandfather died, Mr. Stephan received an inheritance of more than 10 million THB.

But Mr. Stephan didn’t return to Germany because he loved Thailand, with its good weather and much cheaper cost of living compared to Germany. Then Mr. Stephan got to know a Thai woman named Ketsarin, age 25.

Another one that thought he was incredible rich and could live forever on 10M baht.

So he built a house to live in with his wife and son, she takes off and when the money runs out the mother in law kicks him and her grand baby out of the house that he had built with his money? I do not understand Thainess.

Why can't he go for an abandonment divorce and get half of the house, making it sold under a court order. That will bring the Thai user here out of her hiding hole.

To get divorced, you need to be married first, which he obviously wasn't as that would make him the legal father of the child automatically.

As for the 10 million baht, you could do that in a morning!

As someone mentioned before, Sin Sod for the wife.

Buys a house, 5-6 million, absolutely not uncommon.

Buys a car, BMW 5 or 7 series (as an example)

Raises his life style to his new comfort zone.

Done deal! Bye Bye money.

Interesting question earlier in the thread about who was in ownership of the house and how did the MIL kick him out without written permission from the official owner (assuming it was the Thai wife).

• Like 1

Even A whole year renting a pretty good room in Pattaya and having sex every night and expensive meals and plenty of drinks couldn't come to more than 250000 THB.

It most certainly could. Please check your maths.

• Like 1

For you guys wondering where the 10 mil went, I finished reading the article for you.

A House, a car, household & consumer goods. Plus 2 years cost of living. Possibly some unnecessary things that men in love spend money on. Perhaps expenses related to his grandfather's funeral.

Didn't read anything about champagne etc., where did you guys see that?

I second that. It's very easy to spend that amount of money if you run into an accomplished mother/daughter team that skillfully cons you into buying even the most ludicrous "consumer goods". I am also wondering from who he "bought" the land on which the house is standing. I bet it was the MIL (and the land title was of course in the absconded daughter's name). The fact that the German was allowed to stay in the house until his money ran out and was only then kicked out by the MIL makes that scenario even more likely.

To all of the members that are still suggesting a DNA test, please read Bender's post (post # 50).

When I went through this with my oldest boy I was told that I had to have the mother's permission to have the child's DNA tested.

JohanV,

I agree with 99% of your post but when the birth certificate is only in Thai and the only translation that you get at the registration office is through the child's mother, it is impossible to know what is really being put on the birth certificate.

Also I believe that any man can have their name on the birth certificate but to be the accepted as the real father you have to be named on the document twice (or something along those lines), which most foreigners would not know about.

My name was on my boy's birth certificate but I was told that it did not count for squat.

Odd story. He just sat there watching the money run out and did nothing? I'm 48 but still too young to retire and am focussed on accumulating wealth for later, not watching a diminishing sum with an impending sense of doom. He's only 42. Get a job.

Also we of course only know his side of the story. My missus reckons we're missing something here. So do I.

I agree sfbandung and also with chrisinth's post (#72)...something smells like

old prawn skins here...

To get divorced, you need to be married first, which he obviously wasn't as that would make him the legal father of the child automatically.

It states all the way through the OP that he is searching for his Thai Wife.