German Seeks Runaway Thai Wife For Son's Sake

webfact

A DECENT HOUSE FOR 1. MILLION???????????? LOL ARE YOU ACTUALLY FOR REAL. Show me that place where you get a decent house in Thailand for 1. Million guess you could not call this actually a house but more like a Mini Dwarf 1. Room Bungalow whitch probably falls apart after 5. Years ...

A new 2 bed bungalow on many Thai moobans is about 1MBht.

If you have a bit of land, same can easily be built for about 600k

Not everyone lives in major cities like Bangkok or Pattaya.

Yes I know these kind of Houses :-) definately not one of those I would want to live in and I would not call it decent....

Anyone can build a decent home for 600,000 bht, Buying materials and then getting a workforce to build it.

Decent - yes, Double block walls costs the same as single with several posts. The extra concrete posts cost the same price as the extra blocks needed to make the double walls. solid-insulation-noise free- Why do you think you need more than a million.???? I had 2 homes built this way, so sorry YOU Can make a home for 600,000. out of big city of course.

off topic slightly but answering you.

• Like 2

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm not too sure where to start with this story.

German guy seems like a fool for living in Thailand with no income and and only 10 million baht. What the hell was he gonna do when the money ran out?

Also the wife and the mother in law's actions are disgraceful. Shame on them.

as a previous Poster said, it could be possible that the Name of him is spelled wrong on the Birth Certificate and this would be a big Problem to clear without the mother again (I had the same Problem my Family Name and Nationality was spelled wrong on one of my Sons Certificate)

if he cannot clear that issue at the Amphoe he cannot do the acknowledgement of paternity at the German Embassy and as a Result the child would not get the German Citizenship and obviously no Passport....

Can't understand this post.

The Amphur office are supposed to copy the names from the parents marriage certificate (if one is a foreigner) or ID cards (if both Thai). The registering person is then supposed to check the parents names are correct. So who didn't check the name?

The German in the OP wasn't married to the woman, so he isn't the father in Thailand.

Unless they either subsequently get married, or the mother and child confirm paternity at the Amphur office when the child is old enough to answer the question 'is this your father?'

The Birth Certificate is issued by the Hospital not by the Amphoer. The Foreign Name and Nationality etc. has to be translated in Thai the Translator made a Mistake that s why we had the Probs later...

German guy seems like a fool for living in Thailand with no income and and only 10 million baht. What the hell was he gonna do when the money ran out?

a. Send her back to work

b. What he's doing now

I see them in the german embassy, maybe 7-9 months ago, I hope, he have more than only this T-shirt. And when he search her in Pattaya, he will know why. But nobody knows, where she is? They spent all the money, and now, anybody must working, normal. It is all a little bit stupid, but he want the boy, when he go back to germany. It would be interessting, to hear the whole story, from both....whistling.gif

The Birth Certificate is issued by the Hospital not by the Amphoer. The Foreign Name and Nationality etc. has to be translated in Thai the Translator made a Mistake that s why we had the Probs later...

No it isn't

A document stating a child has been born is issued by the hospital.

That form is then taken to the Amphur office where they issue a Birth Certificate.

You only get to keep a photocopy of the hospital document.

Some hospitals will take the hospital form along to the Amphur for you and return with a Birth Certificate.

But it's not a good idea to let them do that, as they often screw up the details.

I'm always amazed that so many guys create a baby without making any effort to find out the local legalities and the required paperwork process. Then they leave it until years later to apply for a passport for the child in their home countries. Time some of you just grew up and started taking a little bit of personal responsibility for your children.

And by the way

I did the whole thing on my own last year, Thai Birth Certificate, British Passport by myself, no help from anyone Thai or foreigner. Same as all the Thai guys that had a baby that night. And nobody anywhere in the Thai places spoke a word of English.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

My Thai wife has read about this story in online Thai Newspapers. The issue here is not to prove that the German is the Father, but Thai Law (and the same is true in most countries) requires the signature of both parents in order to take a child out of the country.

Maybe the law, but when i traveled with my Thai children with their Thai Passports, nobody asks me anything. Same when my children use different queues with me, at the Airport than my GF uses.whistling.gif

Edited by ALFREDO

He will still have to have her sign off before he can leave Thailand with the child.

=He could slip threw.=

Maybe the law, but when i traveled with my Thai children with their Thai Passports, nobody asks me anything.

Same when my children use different queues with me, at the Airport than my GF uses.whistling.gif

In 2002 I had a (thai-)girlfriend from Lopburi who at that time worked as a Go-Go-dancer In Patpong.I fell in love with her and we lived togetther in Bangkok for a couple of years. One day we went to the bank together and I put 3 million Baht in HER bank-account (Fixed deposit for 1 year ), because she got a better interest-rate at that time.

Time went by and when the year was over we went to the bank together again to withdraw the 3 million from HER account in order to put it back in MY account.

When the banklady checked the filled out forms, she asked my girlfriend (NOT KNOWING THAT I COULD UNDERSTAND WHAT WAS SPOKEN):

" Do you really want to give the 3 million back to the FARANG"?

My g/f answered (what is VERY RUDE for a thai (Lady) to say): Don't ask stupid questions and do your job.

But that was her answer, because she did know, you understand Thai!

-noob7-

If the Ex-GoGo girl would have liked to have it differently, she, so I think, did not need the Bank ladies advise for other possibilities. rolleyes.gif

Misunderstanding?

1.The question of the bank lady was an embarrassment for the girl. Plus an insult.

2.To be understood by the Farang.

Point 1. alone, she would have had the chance, to smile it away.

But with point 2., her reaction was forced by the bank lady. She was about to lose face!

I have seen some of these reactions, (not about money), during going out with some friends, meeting other people, who are not knowing, I understand, what they saying.

This short thinking, that the language is the best protection, is very embarrassing for the people, knowing it better.

So they tried to make this people shut up, before I started to tell them in Thai, what I think about stupid m%$^&*s, insulting every foreigner in Thai language.

Edited by noob7

He will still have to have her sign off before he can leave Thailand with the child.

Not true, I have left thailand before with my kids alone and only the birth cert in hand.

It might be more to do with arrival in germany and not being seen as abduction from them.

The boy needs a Visa for Germany (Schengen Visa or one only for Germany) when you make a Visa for Germany for a child of a German Passportholder, the Visa fee is waived.

But you still have to proof that you are Financially wealthy enough to take care your child in Germany. He can do that with family help.

Anyway, if he gets a Visa in his Thai Passport and is accompanied by his German father,

he will not have a problem at the German border. Problems will be sorted out in the German Embassy already before.

It needs a lot of paperwork and money, to get the boy a German Passport, I believe.

I am Austrian and we have similar laws, my Austrian friend, currently living in Cambodia with a Thai woman and a small business,

was first denied a Austrian Passport for his son for lack of proofed funds.

Edited by ALFREDO

Another + for the Thai familybah.gif

What kind of grandmother would kick her own grandson out of the house because dad ran out of money taking care of her?

Absolutely pathetic, disgusting and heartbreaking.

This seems to be normal behavior here; would love to see some decent Thais take a stand and condemn this kind of behavior. Dont see it happening thoughsad.png

Obviously you don't know any decent Thai people who, from my experience are actually in the vast majority. Perhaps you need to reevaluate the circles you mix in.

My GF left me, years ago, with our son because, my "Mia Noi", wanted to advance and made also a Baby with me and the story ran to long and intense.

She went to a young Thai man in other province to live with him, I still can use the house she built with her families money (mostly),

as I have a Renting contract since a decade+

I use the car, in her name. (paid from me).

And her mother always was on my side, was sorry she left me. (Can be a money issue torolleyes.gif )

Always took good care of me since than, when I visit the place,

(sure, she got a small salary for her work, keep the house and my dogs tidy and for washing my cloth, when I am there. My bed linen was changed every 2-3 days!)

I regret a lot that she just recently passed away unexpected with cancer in a very short time! sad.png

I have no sympathy what so ever for this chap!

Even his picture suggests he is a user of Thai women, and so he got stung. He appears to be rather dumb, and to spend 10 M in less than 2 years more than proves it.

To use the desire to find his son to locate the poeple who took advantage of his gullbility is poor show. HE KNOWS where they are, in the house he alledgly bought. For others, who obviousyly don't live here, to say they dread the idea of marrying is pathetic if they base Thai women being abuse and thieves based upon this case.

The guy was obviously a drunkard and nonce to spend 10M in such a short space of time, when after he got caught by his cock.

Sad for the child, but not the father, in my opinion.

-mel.

Wow...you are a happy chap, aren't ya'?!

-Mel-is, as he at least once stated in a post, in -Psychiatric treatment and taking appropriate medication-

he should actually have an understanding, for not "normal" behavior.whistling.gif

Edited by ALFREDO

Wrong He don t nee the consent of the Mother to get a Thai Passport because he has a Thai Birth Certificate (I assume). He would neet the Consent of the Mother to get a German Passport and why DNA Test?? In a Thai Certificate if he is the father, there would be his Name Passport Number, Nationality all ready stated anyway.. he would just have to translate all the Documents to German and go to the embassy to get the Passport, but without the agreement of the Mother it s not possible...

He even need the consent of the mother to get a Thai Passport for his son! If his name is as father in the sons birth certificate is not sure.

The German Passport is a far away thing anyway. More strings attached, if its same-similar to my neighboring country Austria.

Edited by ALFREDO

I have two Sons both have Thai ID and I never had to sign anything.... Possibly they need a Thai to sign but not the foreigner.

You mean Thai ID-card, or mean Thai Passport?

For Thai Passport as it was already mentioned in that Thread with Information from Thai Law,

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/590832-german-seeks-runaway-thai-wife-for-sons-sake/page__st__175

both parents have to sign, also if one parent is foreigner, only when you have alone custody of the children you do not need both signatures.

In case of only one appearing parent-

==A parental consent letter and a certified copy of the parent’s Citizenship I.D. Card of non-appearing parent==

For you guys wondering where the 10 mil went, I finished reading the article for you.

A House, a car, household & consumer goods. Plus 2 years cost of living. Possibly some unnecessary things that men in love spend money on. Perhaps expenses related to his grandfather's funeral.

Didn't read anything about champagne etc., where did you guys see that?

Do you realise that that is 3,000 US Dollars a WEEK for two years?

Misunderstanding?

1.The question of the bank lady was an embarrassment for the girl. Plus an insult.

2.To be understood by the Farang.

Point 1. alone, she would have had the chance, to smile it away.

But with point 2., her reaction was forced by the bank lady. She was about to lose face!

You think a lot.tongue.png Better I do not understand and talk Thai really, I would only get in more trouble!wink.png

Edited by ALFREDO

Presumbly get a job or return to Germany. Since the mother disappeared he can do neither.

That doesn't make him a fool.

• Like 1

she did not want the baby for starters as soon as she had the baby she shot thru,another case of not real love.

she left the birth certificate not knowing about the signature required thinking her son would get an education in germany

and she can carry on with her party life.

Go home as the OP states.

why farang people cannot own the house and land they build with their money ? exactly for these reasons, to be ripped off by poor thai women with no education...

ATM and when it dries up, time for the NEXT

good lesson for this for every future expat wannabe... rent your house... same as your wife, when the lease if over, at least, you know what to expect...

• Like 1

Who in his right mind comes to Thailand, with no job or income, meets some girl and decides to buy a house and a car, knowing full well that the only money he has is "only" 10 million baht (so let's say £200,000 roughly) entrusted to him by his dying grandfather, and proceeds to blow it all in just 2 years? Must have been a great 2 years, and I imagine plenty of champagne was drunk and drugs consumed. This man is a 42-year-old idiot and deserves not a shred of sympathy. However, it must be said there are many like him (in a way), who come to Thailand, leaving their job back home, decide to stay, and blow through their meagre savings, with the kind assistance of a young Thai woman, and eventually find themselves living in the gutter, or almost in it, in Pattaya. The stupidity of foreigners in Thailand never ceases to amaze me. His grandfather must be turning in his grave.

Meagre savings , 10 mill baht ?. at 42 yrs old . The guy is a < < Snip > > from way back .

Edited by metisdead

For you guys wondering where the 10 mil went, I finished reading the article for you.

A House, a car, household & consumer goods. Plus 2 years cost of living. Possibly some unnecessary things that men in love spend money on. Perhaps expenses related to his grandfather's funeral.

Do you realise that the land, house, car & furnishings would not have been free?!

Let's say he spent 2 mill on a nice plot of land, 4 mill building a decent house, 1 mill on a decent car & another 1 mill furnishing the house... that's 8 million baht, leaving him 2 million to live for 2 years, 1 million a year, c.80,000 bt a month. Hardly a champagne lifestyle...

Edited by Ferangled

The numbers don't add up here.

I moved from Britain to Thailand ten years ago. At that time I was worth six-and-a-half million baht - which at today's lousy exchange rate would be worth around four-and-a-half million baht.

And a decade later - thanks to a competent IFA - despite a 1/3rd drop in the value of the pound against the baht and another 1/3rd drop in the value of my nest-egg (thanks to the robber barons of Wall Street) I am STILL worth nearly three-and-a-half million.

Of course, I have RENTED my house (forget OWNING one here). My guess is that to have blown more than twice what I started with in just TWO years, he must've paid through the nose for either a HUGE house - or one in a "fashionable" area - in which case, he's a FOOL.

With ten million baht in his possession, he could've bought a decent house for just ONE million baht - then, given the low cost of living he praises here, lived like a KING on the interest from the remainder. I thought Germans were supposed to be well-ORGANISED?

Nice house for 1 million baht? Yes, I guess maybe out in the sticks but not everyone would want to raise their child in a small shack in the middle of nowhere.

As for your rent/ buy advice it just doesn't hold water. I was renting at c.100,000 bt a month (yes, I live on Phuket & enjoy having my own pool and sea view). 10 years rent at 100,000 baht a month... 12 million baht. I spent half that building my own house which I can rent out for c.100,000 bt, valued for sale at 18 million bt +.

I've lived there for c.7 years. By my calculations I'm up - I would have spent 8.4 million in rent alone, so I've saved 3.6 million in rent and now have a house worth 18 million baht... Yes if you want to stay poor and slowly dwindle your meagre savings to nothing, renting is the way forward! There is a reason why most landlords are filthy rich - they are getting filthy rich of your rent money!

I often think the same about those renting cars over here; I know people who have rented for years, literally, spending more than double the value of the car renting it. It's just very short term thinking... for example, a Honda Jazz, rent @ c.15,000 month, c.180,000 a year. In two years that's 360,000 bt - you could buy one for that, use it for two years and then start renting it out yourself.

For those buying just use your head - check chanote carefully, past land use, is there any possible future dispute of ownership, usage of land etc. Protect your investment legally - ownership through company, ownership through Thai nominee (in which case protect yourself with a 30+30+30 year lease), foreign ownership in condo etc

I would strongly advise against simply buying land and putting directly in your wife/ gf's name. That said I wouldn't be overly critical of someone doing so, as they say, love is blind.

Do you realise that the land, house, car & furnishings would not have been free?!

Let's say he spent 2 mill on a nice plot of land, 4 mill building a decent house, 1 mill on a decent car & another 1 mill furnishing the house... that's 8 million baht, leaving him 2 million to live for 2 years, 1 million a year, c.80,000 bt a month. Hardly a champagne lifestyle...

To spend 8 million (on things that could have been had a lower price and still been adequate), then spend 80,000 a month (when a reasonable lifestyle could be had for significantly less) until you run out of money (and have no income) is not difficult at all and indeed not living all that large.

But it's incredibly irresponsible and stupid and negligent towards your child, yes?

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

To spend 8 million (on things that could have been had a lower price and still been adequate), then spend 80,000 a month (when a reasonable lifestyle could be had for significantly less) until you run out of money (and have no income) is not difficult at all and indeed not living all that large.

But it's incredibly irresponsible and stupid and negligent towards your child, yes?

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

Not at all. Do you have any children at school in Thailand? 80,000 bt a month doesn't even cover my children school fees. Negligent? Just trying to give them the best education possible here and the best start in life I can afford...

In any civilised country the land & house would have been both a home and an investment for the child's future. Unfortunately we are living in a fairly uncivilised country where leaching money and houses from foreigners is somewhat of a national pastime and supported by both politicians and the laws of the land alike.

Has it not struck you that he ran out of money after ​his wife had ran out him and their child? Perhaps he was not planning to simply drain his inheritance but was left with little choice being unable to leave the country with his son and pursue work...

Many Thais are ashamed of this woman and the child's grandmother's actions, because they also are talking about this news story.

Through the 'Thai Network', news of this story has been received in Australia and the two Thai ladies I know here are ashamed.

They worry that Western men will think that the action of these two women (they blame the Grandmother as much as the child's mother) will reflect badly on them also.

The good news stories, of which there are thousands never get the limelight, because they are commonplace.

Sadly, we only get read the bad stories about the trash of Thailand.

I assure you they'd be a lot more forgiving if they had kept the child (+the house) and just kicked the Farang out.

• Like 1