Highway Robbery By Police

oops

I sold my motorcycle and confident everything was in ordercheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Well the joke was on me as always. I allowed my staff to use my motorbike when their motorbikes broke down or what ever the reason I was pretty fast to loan my bike out.

In one instance the employee wrecked my bike, by running into the back of a van that was backing up?

" Don't ask I haven't a clue".

The bike being a good bike, I had it cleaned up and checked for any unforseen problems...everything checked out.

What I didn't see was how my staff got tickets for no helmits, no license , speeding. I never really worried about those things because the police make me pay right away, or the take my motorcycle and or my drivers license.

What I didn't know was, that the police will let the Thai driver leave without paying the ticket if they know it's a farrang that owns the bike. They wait until you go to sell the bike to collect, adding insult to injury you have to drive to the area's that this happened in and talk about confusion. I didn't realize how the police will do this for the Thai's I thought they collect right away. This angers me but at the same time doesn't surprise me.. What they don't understand is the next time a Thai ask to borrow my motorcycle or car....I will have a good laughcoffee1.gifcheesy.gif

Police brutality 101

Officially, not paying the ticket directly, without taking the motorcycle or drivers license, happens often and not only if a foreigner is the owner. If a Thai is stopped and gets a ticket and says the motorcycle is a company motorcycle or owned by his boss they often let him have his drivers license as he is probably a messenger and needs his drivers license to do his work.

For company motorcycles you should have a detail logbook who was riding it when... or just have one motorcycle per messenger.

No robbery and absolutely nothing to do with the bike owner being a Farang.

Why is everything in Thailand a scam and when the police do their duty and fine people for breaking the law it is highway robbery ?

Your staff are the ones scamming you not the police.

When I bought my Virago from a Thai when we went to do the paperwork he also had to pay the outstanding fines he had , Cough,Cough, forgotten to pay.

• Like 2

Why is everything in Thailand a scam and when the police do their duty and fine people for breaking the law it is highway robbery ?

When I bought my Virago from a Thai when we went to do the paperwork he also had to pay the outstanding fines he had , Cough,Cough, forgotten to pay.

Look I don't go out at night to the clubs. I never see people shooting each other and rarely ever see anyone one rob jewelry store but the y do and it all happens when I am at home watching the news or sleeping.

My point is just because it hasn't happened to you doesn't mean that the crops are corrupt in letting it happen. Anytime I get pulled over they make me leave the motorcycle there if I don't have enough

cash to pay, or they take my license and tell me to come back when I have paid it. I see the do the same thing with the Thai's. However, this is the first time I have encountered them not holding something in lieu of payment. This is news to me, and unfair to the owner of the bike. On another note he would have to prove the motorcycle belong to them..if it doesn't they usually confiscate out where I live..they don't let you just walk away, but if the owner of the motorcycle is farrang, Then it's OK? is this what your saying is the norm....I don't think so. If they did this to a Thai business owner it wouldn't be conducive to their job. Bottom line they always take the motorcycle or license or both until paid. But they didn't do this with my staff in which they should of.

Firstly it doesn't happen to me as I do not break the law. I have had staff pulled over and fined but unlike yours they have told me and I have paid it at the police station. As said the THAI I bought a bike off had to pay the same fines as you did. Where is the Farang only scam in that ? If you want to have a go at anyone here have a go at your staff for lying to you about being stopped and fined. They did this because they didn't want to pay the fine.

I repeat it isn't any robbery or scam but the law.

Believe it or not sometimes that is what the police do

UPHOLD IT

It is not part of the law that the police take your vehicle or your license when citing you for a traffic offense. You just are being taken advantage of by the police that do so to you, and you are partly at fault because you are allowing it to happen. The reason why they let Thais go with just a ticket is that they are more likely to know the law better than you and are able to let the cops know that they know. You don't need to let a copy bully you. Know your rights.

It is not the cops that are scamming a falang, it is your employees scamming their gullible employer. Not everything is a conspiracy against falangs, but maybe just the uninformed and gullible ones.. As previously stated, why don't you go after your employees for the traffic fines? If you don't have your license on you, the cops are supposed to attach the ticket to the vehicle in the computer database. If you have your license, it is attached to the license, or is supposed to be.

It is not part of the law that the police take your vehicle or your license when citing you for a traffic offense. You just are being taken advantage of by the police that do so to you, and you are partly at fault because you are allowing it to happen. The reason why they let Thais go with just a ticket is that they are more likely to know the law better than you and are able to let the cops know that they know. You don't need to let a copy bully you. Know your rights.

It is not the cops that are scamming a falang, it is your employees scamming their gullible employer. Not everything is a conspiracy against falangs, but maybe just the uninformed and gullible ones.. As previously stated, why don't you go after your employees for the traffic fines? If you don't have your license on you, the cops are supposed to attach the ticket to the vehicle in the computer database. If you have your license, it is attached to the license, or is supposed to be.

According to ^^^ the thais in pattaya dont know the law and are bullied same as falang. They confiscate thai id or their bike until they pay up..I have seen this countless times.

According to ^^^ the thais in pattaya dont know the law and are bullied same as falang. They confiscate thai id or their bike until they pay up..I have seen this countless times.

It happens here to me in Bangkok also. You can tell them no license and they will write it and give it to you based on your vehicle. But, I usually try to talk my way out of it or pay it on the spot, less cost and less hassle. I hate to perpetuate paying cops on the spot, but still cheaper, easier, and faster than doing it the alternative way. I used to insist on a ticket just so they couldn't get any money from me, but it is just a plain hassle. Now, I don't think of it as a bribe, but a discounted traffic ticket fine, as long as I was actually guilty of doing wrong.