Online Business

How do other digital nomads get this going? I can manage my own business on a laptop basicly.

Where do u set up ur business and get your vat nr from (obviously not Thailand)

I could start it up in my homecountry but since I wouldn't have an adress here anymore...

I'm puzzled by this. All info is appraciated!

Lots of people maintain some kind of address presence in their home country, like with a friend or relative. I don't have a business but I find that quite helpful as a U.S. national because I rely on relations with U.S. financial institutions. If you're talking about working without a work permit in Thailand, then if you want a legal cover/structure, it won't be in Thailand so it would need to be legally based somewhere else, typically the home country.

Obviously you need to customize what you do specifically based on the specifics of what you are trying to do, what country you are from, etc.

(Another option would be basing in Cambodia which reportedly is much looser with legalizing businesses and no problem to stay indefinitely on a business visa with no actual real business in Cambodia.)

Edited by Jingthing

Hi, I'm an internet marketer and want to reopen my webdesign company and I'm from Netherlands.

I cant maintain an adress since I dont have relatives anymore. And I can't occupy friends with that, it changes tax income etc for having additional members to the family so to speak.

So "the company" cannot have an adress either here and have someone to do things needed if neccasairy.

and perhaps: Are there alternatives to Thailand where it's easier to start a business?

Not sure for your kind of business, but:

Delaware

There are online agents, to do the company founding. And they sending the papers to your present location!

Hi, I'm an internet marketer and want to reopen my webdesign company and I'm from Netherlands.

I cant maintain an adress since I dont have relatives anymore. And I can't occupy friends with that, it changes tax income etc for having additional members to the family so to speak.

So "the company" cannot have an adress either here and have someone to do things needed if neccasairy.

and perhaps: Are there alternatives to Thailand where it's easier to start a business?

HK or Singapore

HK or Singapore

Dont like HK to much. I looked into Signapore too, but it seems to be alot more expensive. So that's a no as well.

I'm looking into Cambodja now, but can't find too much information.

Keep in mind that if you are based in Thailand and work in Thailand, you need a work permit in Thailand. If you base your company in another country and still work here, you should be aware that you are working illegally and can be arrested at any time.

Good luck!

• Like 1

Keep in mind that if you are based in Thailand and work in Thailand, you need a work permit in Thailand. If you base your company in another country and still work here, you should be aware that you are working illegally and can be arrested at any time.

Good luck!

+1

Dont like HK to much. I looked into Signapore too, but it seems to be alot more expensive. So that's a no as well.

I'm looking into Cambodja now, but can't find too much information.

It's very easy in Cambodia, just contact one of the big law firms there. The only deal in Cambo is that you have to go through someone, essentially. There's no walking in and doing it yourself. As an online worker, Cambodia's tough, though, because Paypal won't let you withdraw money and no bank will do merchant accounts for online transactions there.

You can house your business in HK under and IBC and work here under the table, as many people do. If you plan to market yourself in Thailand and make your work known you need to consider the potential consequences, but if you're working internationally only, you don't talk up your work locally, you don't piss people off and the money all flows through HK or somewhere else then basically your only concern in Thailand is visa status. There's a near zero chance of you ever being noticed by authorities, let alone harassed or arrested in that case.

Or you can go openly run a bar in Samui with an overstayed visa, no work permit and no legal title and never get picked up for anything :)

I dont know what sort of business you are planning but even import - export I would not be inclined to do business with. Even Thailand! You have to be in HKG or Sing for Asia.

Even US if you are mailing/shipping anything outside std dropship your profits will disappear under weight of all these services.

BTW only a matter of time before usa taxes Internet