Cal Wow Still Open - Need To Pay Annual (888Bt) But In South Now

siamamerican

Will also go take a squiz, is it near Pro Language by any chance? I will go and check both places out later this week

I'm not sure, but I think Pro Language is on Nimmanhaemin Road. To get to Powerhouse Gym:

Go NW along Huay Kaew Road, turn left onto Nimmanhaemin Road. Going south on Nimmanhaemin, you turn right onto Soi 6. The turn is just prior to a bank and a Tesco Express. Continue on Soi 6 passing Empire Residence and Punna Residence on your left. Just after Punna Residence, take a left. That brings you into Punna Place "shopping center". (If you run into the statue of the 3-headed Elephant, you've gone too far, turn around.) There is a number of restaurants and other shops there. Powerhouse Gym is at the southern end of Punna Place.

This http://www.mapjack.com/?mWcyUrPWac5E shows Soi6 (circa 2009?) from Nimmanhaemin Road. The building with all the green tarps is all finished now. It's Empire Residence and today you would be looking right at Tesco Express and the bank right on the corner of the building.

I think that pic is of their "spinning" room upstairs with stationary bikes. I think that they do some classes with them. I know that they have at least one (possibly two) treadmills downstairs. Also at least one elliptical machine and several stationary bikes downstairs. I don't know the brand. For me, I do walking there and back via differing routes for my cardio so I don't use them myself. I tend to use the weights and other machines during my visits.

As far as the cost, I know that they have a number of different plans. I signed up for a "mid-day" plan that allows me to train there from 10:00 to 16:00. It was 9500baht for one year. I'm retired, so going in the middle of the day is not a problem for me. I'm sure they have monthly plans that allow full access at all open hours also. You can just walk in and they will give you a tour of the place and answer any questions. I have found all their staff to be friendly and professional. I'd recommend that you just stop by for a visit.

Thanks and found a pic on their Facebook page. Looks like they have the same treads that Cal Wow has in Chiang Mai. Forgot the brand but looks the same in the pic. I'll be living by the Zoo in January and February so this gym looks to be a great option. Please tell me they have AC? Thanks for the info!

I think that pic is of their "spinning" room upstairs with stationary bikes. I think that they do some classes with them. I know that they have at least one (possibly two) treadmills downstairs. Also at least one elliptical machine and several stationary bikes downstairs. I don't know the brand. For me, I do walking there and back via differing routes for my cardio so I don't use them myself. I tend to use the weights and other machines during my visits.

As far as the cost, I know that they have a number of different plans. I signed up for a "mid-day" plan that allows me to train there from 10:00 to 16:00. It was 9500baht for one year. I'm retired, so going in the middle of the day is not a problem for me. I'm sure they have monthly plans that allow full access at all open hours also. You can just walk in and they will give you a tour of the place and answer any questions. I have found all their staff to be friendly and professional. I'd recommend that you just stop by for a visit.

Thanks and found a pic on their Facebook page. Looks like they have the same treads that Cal Wow has in Chiang Mai. Forgot the brand but looks the same in the pic. I'll be living by the Zoo in January and February so this gym looks to be a great option. Please tell me they have AC? Thanks for the info!

Yes, they have AC.

• 2 weeks later...

Was just in Powerhouse Gym today. Had not been there for a couple of weeks. It looks like they have put in some new treadmills. I counted a total of seven treadmills. The brand name on them was "Star Trac".