Cal Wow Still Open - Need To Pay Annual (888Bt) But In South Now

siamamerican

Called Cal Wow in Bangkok and was told Chiang Mai is still open. Has anyone tried to pay online or with a credit card. I was told I have to pay at one of their clubs but felt as if I was just being given a quick answer. Probably not a good idea to give them credit card info over the phone considering their reputation. I won't be in Chiang Mai until December and have an all club membership so I assume I could make a trip to Bangkok and pay.

Any info on their cancellation policies would be appreciated. I was told over the phone I have a 30 day grace period but it sounded insincere. I could go to Chiang Mai early to pay my dues if I had that month grace period or if I have to, go to Bangkok before expiration on Oct. 18th.

Also, why are two branches still apparently open? What separates these from all the others that closed down?

All the bad press and someone still wants to give them moneyw00t.gif .

Still a great club in Chiang Mai and well worth 888 bt. Even it only stays open a couple more months.

ThaiJames, Thanks for the info and hope they have paid rent through January. Won't be in CM until mid December.

Still a great club in Chiang Mai and well worth 888 bt. Even it only stays open a couple more months.

Agree with that, I wished I still had the option to pay 888 Bht and continue exercising at Cawow Pattaya

Agree with that, I wished I still had the option to pay 888 Bht and continue exercising at Cawow Pattaya

+1

Calwow Chiang Mai was scheduled to close this Friday the 19th and will remain open until Monday the 22nd. The employees have not been paid for 4 months and I guess have decided to quit unless they are paid.

Be wary, the employees (the skeleton crew) that has remained are still selling memberships, only accept cash,and probably pocket whatever money comes in until the final day.

Calwow Chiang Mai was scheduled to close this Friday the 19th and will remain open until Monday the 22nd. The employees have not been paid for 4 months and I guess have decided to quit unless they are paid.

Be wary, the employees (the skeleton crew) that has remained are still selling memberships, only accept cash,and probably pocket whatever money comes in until the final day.

Where did you hear this?

If your membership expires on "Oct 18th... it's already TOO LATE.

According to your contract if it is the same as mine states that you must pay your annual dues "AT LEAST 30 Days PRIOR" to your expire day...

Called Chiang Mai and Bangkok. Both told me I had 30 days from the expiration date to pay. I don't why they would lie for no reason but who knows. Also, my contract doesn't state you need to pay 30 days in advance,

According to your contract if it is the same as mine states that you must pay your annual dues "AT LEAST 30 Days PRIOR" to your expire day...

Called Chiang Mai and Bangkok. Both told me I had 30 days from the expiration date to pay. I don't why they would lie for no reason but who knows. Also, my contract doesn't state you need to pay 30 days in advance,

My contgract with Cawow has written on it that I can pay the renewal fee in the 30 days prior to the anual renewal date.

Regarding their honesty, keep in mind that there are reports on this forum from members who's club is closed for an extended period of time already but Cawow still deduct a monthly fee from their bank account.Obviously these are members who signed up for a contract with automatic monthly payments.

My contgract with Cawow has written on it that I can pay the renewal fee in the 30 days prior to the anual renewal date.

Regarding their honesty, keep in mind that there are reports on this forum from members who's club is closed for an extended period of time already but Cawow still deduct a monthly fee from their bank account.Obviously these are members who signed up for a contract with automatic monthly payments.

And be aware that some contracts paid by monthly auto deductions from bank account have clauses saying that the business establishment is the only party which can cancel the auto deduction from your bank account. This is legal in Thailand.

One solution: remove all the funds from that account any start a new account.

The trainers also tell me that Calwow CM hasn't paid their rent for the last 15 months resulting in back rent of 15 million baht. Either way, their creditors or staff are going to shut this gym down soon.

I see everyday the staff trying to sell memberships for 20,000 baht. I guess if you used a credit card from the US to pay for a membership, you could get your money back if they closed soon. I just wanted to warn people of CalWow's situation.

On the brighter side, I did see the tip jar was filled and had a couple of 500 baht notes inside.

The trainers also tell me that Calwow CM hasn't paid their rent for the last 15 months resulting in back rent of 15 million baht.

If they are paying 1 million baht per month rent I can see how they got their name

Edited by mania

The CA Wow gossip lady has informed us that today would be the last day CA Wow is open.

The manager told her that they would close on Wednesday, Oct 24th, 2012.

Not sure if this is true or not... but guess we will fine out when we go to workout tommorrow.

If they haven't paid their rent in 15 months... I guess it will end the same way that it did in BKK and Pattaya with the MALL locking the door.

Thanks so much for the info vacationman.

One of the 'boyband haircut' trainers is opening a new gym behind Lotus (super highway) soon. Hopefully, I can continue to use the same machines overthere.. I can just imagine a few pickup trucks pulling up behind the mall later tonight to fill up some goodies..

So a few days on.....does anyone know if it's now closed or still chugging along?

Still open on Wednesday and Friday.

Appear to be working for tips.... big tip jar at the front desk.

Number of clients seem to be way down.... guess with sooo many

rumors many think they are closed.

Only about 5 people when we were there on Friday around 12 p.m.

So a few days on.....does anyone know if it's now closed or still chugging along?

Another month almost past and the WOW is still open. I saw even a new teacher yesterday.

The cleaners are still in function and it is as crowded as ever in the morning.

Minor points are, the defective fitness equipment will not be repaired and the condition of the whole equipment is declining.

New members still come in anyway.

Jeez. Its a gym. Thats all. Why all the heartache and worry. Theres loads of gyms in Chiang Mai!!!

Really? How many quality gyms (reasonably well equipped and well maintained) can you name?

Powerhouse Gym. It is located in Punna Place on Soi 6, Nimmanhaemin Road. Been going there about 7 months now. Clean and well-managed gym. It located here.

Jeez. Its a gym. Thats all. Why all the heartache and worry. Theres loads of gyms in Chiang Mai!!!

Really? How many quality gyms (reasonably well equipped and well maintained) can you name?

Powerhouse Gym. It is located in Punna Place on Soi 6, Nimmanhaemin Road. Been going there about 7 months now. Clean and well-managed gym. It located here.

Looks good - http://www.powerhousefitness.co.th/en/galleries/spinning-room.aspx

Do they have any treadmills? The picture of the cardio room doesn't include any treadmills. If they do have treadmills, do you know the brand(sorry - it is just that many treads here are not powerful enough for me)? How much a month are you paying?

Thanks

Looks good - http://www.powerhous...nning-room.aspx

Do they have any treadmills? The picture of the cardio room doesn't include any treadmills. If they do have treadmills, do you know the brand(sorry - it is just that many treads here are not powerful enough for me)? How much a month are you paying?

Thanks

I think that pic is of their "spinning" room upstairs with stationary bikes. I think that they do some classes with them. I know that they have at least one (possibly two) treadmills downstairs. Also at least one elliptical machine and several stationary bikes downstairs. I don't know the brand. For me, I do walking there and back via differing routes for my cardio so I don't use them myself. I tend to use the weights and other machines during my visits.

As far as the cost, I know that they have a number of different plans. I signed up for a "mid-day" plan that allows me to train there from 10:00 to 16:00. It was 9500baht for one year. I'm retired, so going in the middle of the day is not a problem for me. I'm sure they have monthly plans that allow full access at all open hours also. You can just walk in and they will give you a tour of the place and answer any questions. I have found all their staff to be friendly and professional. I'd recommend that you just stop by for a visit.

Do there staff have knowledge of which exercise for the different parts of the body and are they willing to help you.

Do there staff have knowledge of which exercise for the different parts of the body and are they willing to help you.

They have both regular staff there that basically operate the place and they also have personal training staff available there. Several of them speak excellent English. I've seen them working with both Thai and Falang customers. I do not know their qualifications or what they charge for personal training.