Ripping A Dvd Into Single Episodes

endure

I have a box set of videos with 19 episodes on 3 DVDs. The DVDs are unencrypted. I'd like to rip all the episodes to individual MP4 files so I can put them on a tablet and watch them individually. Is there any (preferably free) software that will do this automatically?

DvdFab will give you the options what you want to copy and what not.I'm not sure if you can copy straight to MPEG4, as I haven't used the software for years ( dvd's are so out of date you know biggrin.png ) but once you have split it up there is for sure a software to convert it to MPEG4.

Just had a look at the website and yes they can rip it to the format of choice.It's not free, and I don't know the trial limitations, but it's very popular on torrent sites.

Edited by jbrain

I'm not particularly worried about the format conversion. What's more important is ripping individual episodes.

Format Factory will rip DVD's. It will also do format to format conversions. Since it's free, you should give it a look.

http://www.formatoz.com/

Not sure if it will do individual episodes, but I would think it should, assuming they are stored individually on the DVD.

Edited by WhizBang

If your in the MS like my wife's old laptop just rip the DVD to a format that can be imported into MS movie - it may rip it - but if not use format factory as a first step.

Use the time line jump to the point between each episode you want and hit split. Each time save the result into a movie with title and format your choice it has a mobile format included.

Sometimes the formats can be a hang up but format factory in the end gives you what ever you need to import to the movie editor and fix the result for your end use after the splits.

Sometimes you get lucky and they all work without any extra steps..

I have done this to a ton of vids for the wife into MP4 for her phone and used the vid capture feature to turn home vids into MP4 too. The movie editor was on her old XP home edition and format factory is free I think you can still get the editor free also - which I must say is vary easy to use. When importing a movie it will try and split it for you which it is not all that good at it - makes to many parts - but recombining them on the screen is easy as click click - you can turn that option off and let it load the whole movie and split them yourself.

I like Handbrake. I had some dumb user trying to upload a 1.5Gb HD video to Youtube and complaining about it taking days (no shit!). Apparently he wanted it "stored on Youtube in HD".

I did a quick compression with Handbrake and asked him which was the original and which the compressed version, and of course he couldn't tell the difference.

The compressed version was 92Mb.