The Asean Union Is Really Corporate Colonization Of Thailand

omnilangur

Enslaving Thai's to work for multi-national corporations in cheap sweatshops is the name of the game.

I pity the Thai people who cannot speak English and the filipino's who come from a poorer country who

will be able to come into Thailand and steal the work of an otherwise capable hardworking Thai!

Well I suppose the OP does sound a bit paranoid to the all-knowing serfs that grew up thinking the west was actually about free enterprise and that anyone can be president. The reality you can find and read for yourself if you could be bothered and if a shred of objective thought has survived your schooling and the main stream media.

Thai like many Asian conglomerates survive on protectionism and governmnet monopolies duly paid for. As such ASEAN is not about empowering the poor but about cementing non-competive Oligarchies, many Chinese owned. In all actuality they plan to copy multinational techniques into this captured market, it won't mean cheaper goods or better quality, just cementing old corrupt monopolies with the usual overpriced crap without real competition.

• Like 2

Well I suppose the OP does sound a bit paranoid to the all-knowing serfs that grew up thinking the west was actually about free enterprise and that anyone can be president. The reality you can find and read for yourself if you could be bothered and if a shred of objective thought has survived your schooling and the main stream media.

Thai like many Asian conglomerates survive on protectionism and governmnet monopolies duly paid for. As such ASEAN is not about empowering the poor but about cementing non-competive Oligarchies, many Chinese owned. In all actuality they plan to copy multinational techniques into this captured market, it won't mean cheaper goods or better quality, just cementing old corrupt monopolies with the usual overpriced crap without real competition.

Right on. If it was not for them Asians Canadian cars would be the world standard now.

Please dont encourage the OP and why single out Asian conglomerates on protectionism and goverment monopolies and not empowering the poor...their western counterparts have been doing this since the industrial revolution started and before

re.

Yes, the Filippinos will replace the Thais at Tesco checkouts.

no they wont ...and even more so in bars hotels hospitality etc

if anyone thinks the thais are going to let a load of english speaking girls take any

of these jobs you must be mad .... a few maybe but hundreds ..no no no

coz the thas will find a way to block it as soon as they start seeing their girls

out of work and no mater what the rules of the agreement are

the thais will find a way out of them ... guarranteed ... for sure !

dave2

Edited by dave2

re.

Yes, the Filippinos will replace the Thais at Tesco checkouts.

no they wont ...and even more so in bars hotels hospitality etc

if anyone thinks the thais are going to let a load of english speaking girls take any

of these jobs you must be mad .... a few maybe but hundreds ..no no no

coz the thas will find a way to block it as soon as they start seeing their girls

out of work and no mater what the rules of the agreement are

the thais will find a way out of them ... guarranteed ... for sure !

dave2

The Burmese have already replaced the Thai women in the hotels and the Burmese men in construction.

the AEC doesnt permit the free movement of labour the same way as the EU. It is supposed to be relaxed visas within the ASEAN area, as well free movement of skilled labour. Therefore your tesco worker (menial employee) is unlikely to be replaced right away.

the AEC doesnt permit the free movement of labour the same way as the EU. It is supposed to be relaxed visas within the ASEAN area, as well free movement of skilled labour. Therefore your tesco worker (menial employee) is unlikely to be replaced right away.

Those menial employees right now at Tesco are getting double the salary of their counterparts in the Phillipines.

If I were an outback Thai, I would start a revolution or civil war once my job was overtaken!

there is no ASEAN union that Im aware of

if you are referring to the ASEAN Economic Community, then there are already discussions taking place in various news related item. I suggest you continue in one of those discussions :)

• Like 2