Mia Noi ?

CharlieH

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The questions should be, how many of you can actually afford to have mistresses or illicit affairs in Thailand, other than going short time on the commercial sex scene?

This practice of having a partner or a bit on the side was probably not unusual 20 or so years ago, but these days the fairer sex is one of the most expensive commodities in Thailand and the luxury of being able to afford more than one partner is not going to be possible for the majority of us.

For these reasons I very much doubt if Mia Nos or sometimes described as second wives are all that common these days, whether the official wife knows about it or not.

Dream on, baby.

Edited by Beetlejuice

The questions should be, how many of you can actually afford to have mistresses or illicit affairs in Thailand, other than going short time on the commercial sex scene?

This practice of having a partner or a bit on the side was probably not unusual 20 or so years ago, but these days the fairer sex is one of the most expensive commodities in Thailand and the luxury of being able to afford more than one partner is not going to be possible for the majority of us.

For these reasons I very much doubt if Mia Nos or sometimes described as second wives are all that common these days, whether the official wife knows about it or not.

Dream on, baby.

There are a lot more rich Thai people today than 20 years ago. A lot more poor Farang than there were 20 years ago. Maybe you are confusing the two. Thai baht go up pound and dollar go down.

Mercedes sales Thailand go up. House sales in Thailand go up. Mia noi in Thailand go up.

Thai economy up Western economy go down. Who dreaming? Maybe you are dreaming. Farang don't shop at the new Central malls Thai people shop there.biggrin.png

• Like 1

Dream on, baby.

There are a lot more rich Thai people today than 20 years ago. A lot more poor Farang than there were 20 years ago. Maybe you are confusing the two. Thai baht go up pound and dollar go down.

Mercedes sales Thailand go up. House sales in Thailand go up. Mia noi in Thailand go up.

Thai economy up Western economy go down. Who dreaming? Maybe you are dreaming. Farang don't shop at the new Central malls Thai people shop there.biggrin.png

Your disdain and negativity towards foreigners in Thailand is somewhat unhealthy I fear.

And at times becomes repetitive and nauseating.

• Like 2

Dream on, baby.

Your disdain and negativity towards foreigners in Thailand is somewhat unhealthy I fear.

I think if you take a look at the post I was answering you will understand I was responding to a false belief not trying to sell an agenda. I am frankly tired of people boo hoo ing everything Thai. If you want to dispute my claim that there are more rich people in Thailand today than 20 years ago go ahead. Otherwise you are just flaming and ill informed.

Dream on, baby.

My misses is still trying to get me to marry her sister (and we will all live together).

And I'm not loaded.

Dream on, baby.

I think if you take a look at the post I was answering you will understand I was responding to a false belief not trying to sell an agenda. I am frankly tired of people boo hoo ing everything Thai. If you want to dispute my claim that there are more rich people in Thailand today than 20 years ago go ahead. Otherwise you are just flaming and ill informed.

I don't care how many rich people there are anywhere,as long as I have enough that's all I worry about,I don't see what shopping malls and sales of Mercedes cars has to do with the opening post about wether you a foreigner living in Thailand have or want a Mia noi that's all

Dream on, baby.

My misses is still trying to get me to marry her sister (and we will all live together).

And I'm not loaded.

??

I don't care how many rich people there are anywhere,as long as I have enough that's all I worry about,I don't see what shopping malls and sales of Mercedes cars has to do with the opening post about wether you a foreigner living in Thailand have or want a Mia noi that's all

Rich Thai guys have Mia nois. Poor Thai guys don't have Mia nois. There are more rich Thai guys in Thailand today than 20 years ago. So there are more ex Mia nois running around now then there were 20 years ago. Who is going to take care of the ex Mia nois? If the Farang can get over their Western moral thing maybe them.

Beetlejuice wrote, " This practice of having a partner or a bit on the side was probably not unusual 20 or so years ago, but these days the fairer sex is one of the most expensive commodities in Thailand and the luxury of being able to afford more than one partner is not going to be possible for the majority of us."

I don't agree with that as there is more disposable income among Thai men today then there was 20 years ago.

• Like 1

This is obviously your opinion on this matter however I know several people who are in polyamorous relationships and they do just fine and have done so for years. It definitely doesn't suit everyone that is for sure.

I am personally a monogamous person myself but I can see why the idea of polyamory would appeal to some people.

I am living in a monogamous relationship with my wife as well and I think that the best for a stable/quiet relationship, no way she would accept that I took a mia noi and I thinks that fair enough.

I also think fewer and fewer Thai woman will accept it nowadays. I know in my Moo Bann there was a high ranking policeman that booked a house for his mia noi but his no1 wife found out and he was forced to let the house go, or his wife would have left him and take 1/2 of everything they own, he-he.

Edited by guzzi850m2

Rich Thai guys have Mia nois. Poor Thai guys don't have Mia nois. There are more rich Thai guys in Thailand today than 20 years ago. So there are more ex Mia nois running around now then there were 20 years ago. Who is going to take care of the ex Mia nois? If the Farang can get over their Western moral thing maybe them.

Beetlejuice wrote, " This practice of having a partner or a bit on the side was probably not unusual 20 or so years ago, but these days the fairer sex is one of the most expensive commodities in Thailand and the luxury of being able to afford more than one partner is not going to be possible for the majority of us."

I don't agree with that as there is more disposable income among Thai men today then there was 20 years ago.

It`s nothing to do with having more disposable income, but rather that the women have highered their expectations and want more.

The word on the street is; that the going rates for a Mia nois is 20000 baht per month plus expenses and the price increases according to the age of the guys, and this by no means guarantees that the woman will stay loyal to one partner, she may have several guys on the go at one time. Down my way, I know of one Thai lady who is doing just that.

Only need to search the Internet, on dating sites, social networking sites, in Thai newspaper ads and even bar girls will oblige by being there when required for a monthly fee. They’re available for both Thais and farangs for those that can afford to support them.

These days having a long-term bit on the side is financially out of my league in Thailand.

It`s nothing to do with having more disposable income, but rather that the women have highered their expectations and want more.

The word on the street is; that the going rates for a Mia nois is 20000 baht per month plus expenses and the price increases according to the age of the guys, and this by no means guarantees that the woman will stay loyal to one partner, she may have several guys on the go at one time. Down my way, I know of one Thai lady who is doing just that.

Only need to search the Internet, on dating sites, social networking sites, in Thai newspaper ads and even bar girls will oblige by being there when required for a monthly fee. They’re available for both Thais and farangs for those that can afford to support them.

These days having a long-term bit on the side is financially out of my league in Thailand.

Wrong street, wrong price, wrong kind of girl. College grad, good job 15,000 to 20,000. Get real. Mia nois also work a regular job or go to school. Mia nois have never been more affordable. Status is no longer just one Mia noi. Just my experience. Your mileage may vary.

Dream on, baby.

And I'm not loaded.

Go for it. They obviously think you are all loaded up in the right area's !!

Without a shadow of a doubt if my wife got even a sniff of the existence of a mia noi (or gik) in my life, I would wake up one morning minus some extremities that are very dear to me.

Would you be the 'Tom', then? Or the 'Dee', in your relationship? whistling.gif

My wifes 40 year old sister in law is Mia Noi to a 76 year old Thai man.biggrin.png

They have a child together, when he dies she gets nothing.sad.png

The 1st wifes discretion allows her to stay in the famiy home and be supported.whistling.gif

Everyone tells her she is getting a raw deal but she loves her old man loyally and emphatically.wub.png

Whenever my wife and friends start talking about Mia Noi's it winds me up as i think it's wrong for the kids and the basis of marraige.coffee1.gif

So i usually have this retort which ends their speculative disscussion...wink.png

" I will wait till i'm 65 and retired before i get my 2x18 year old Mia Noi's"thumbsup.gif

Dream on, baby.

I fear it's more of a Delusional, Obsession.

Don't feed the Troll

Dream on, baby.

And I'm not loaded.

They obviously just want you for sex!

Dream on, baby.

And I'm not loaded.

They obviously just want you for sex!

cheesy.gif