3Bb And Tot Down Island Wide - Cat Is Still Working.

Why can't they provide some indication that something is wrong, along the lines of a 70's testcard ("service will resume asap")? When the net fails I spend several minutes in Basil Fawlty mode unnessesarily fault finding because everything (PC/Modem/cables) appears to be normal. It wasn't until I saw this thread that I knew for sure where the problem actually laid.

Edited by evadgib

Why can't they provide some indication that something is wrong, along the lines of a 70's testcard ("service will resume asap")? When the net fails I spend several minutes in Basil Fawlty mode unnessesarily fault finding because everything (PC/Modem/cables) appears to be normal. It wasn't until I saw this thread that I knew for sure where the problem actually laid.

cheesy.gif

yeah same with 3 BB.... I did the same looking to see what I did wrong, I had just installed Skype .... Cybil was out so could not help .....biggrin.png

I dashed down to 3BB office and they said all Samui down.....

I got a number to call when 3BB has problems .... 1530

your modem is already doing it, no wan ip shows the authentification server crashed/is unreachable.

your modem is already doing it, no wan ip shows the authentification server crashed/is unreachable.

Mine showed connected all is fine. All lights were right, just couldn't hook up.
  • Like 1

It's pretty easy to diagnose if it's you or the ISP.

1.) Is the ADSL light on your modem showing a solid light or flashing? If it's flashing or off, then the ADSL link to the ISP is down. It's them.

2.) If you have TOT fiber modem. Is the LOS (Loss of signal) light on or off? It it's on, your fiber link is down. It's them.

3.) Can you ping your modem from your computer? Open command prompt, type "ping 192.168.1.1" - timed out? You have connection problem with your modem. It's you.

If the ADSL light is showing AND you can ping your modem OK. It's likely the ISP is down.

Oh - and one last thing, reboot everything including your modem. This normally resolves 99% of problems.

• Like 1

3 BB down nfor the first time in 18 months, big deal, called 1530 and was told sorry all of Samui was down and they expected to have the problem fixed within 3/4 hours. 3 hours later it was grear service.

Thanks

thumbsup.gif

I agree. I have both TOT and 3BB. (TOT is ADSL not fibre optic). Both come into my place on the same cable.

3BB outperforms TOT every time.