Pc Not Working Thru Lcd Tv

mixed

I've connected a PC to my LCD TV. The Windows XP startup shows, and then the screen turns blue with 'UNSUPPORTED' showing.

This TV worked fine with another computer on both Windows 7 and XP, however now when I connect the same computer, I get the same thing, resulting in a blue screen with unsupported showing?

Can I connect to another monitor, go into the display options on the control panel and change something?

load up in safe mode "press F8 ON BOOT UP"

Change your screen resolution to a generic value like 1024 x 768

reboot PC

Then play with different screen sizes, until you find the best one that works.

If you screen goes blank, be patient, it will automatically revert after 15 seconds and you can try another setting.

• Like 1

load up in safe mode "press F8 ON BOOT UP"

Change your screen resolution to a generic value like 1024 x 768

reboot PC

Then play with different screen sizes, until you find the best one that works.

If you screen goes blank, be patient, it will automatically revert after 15 seconds and you can try another setting.

Thanks for the swift reply,

Actually it's well documented that Samsung needs a ground on pin 10 (IIRC) of their VGA connector. Some cables have the ground wire, which establishes ground at the PC end, but cheaper cables leave it out, since most monitors don't need it (there is another ground on the connector, which is tied to pin 10 also inside most monitors, but not Samsung TVs).

Out in the sticks, I soldered a thin strand of wire between the connector shell on the cable (which is grounded through the shield), and got it to work. Since then I have seen it a couple more times among friends.