Problem With Bangkok Bank Ibanking

I thought I'd post this so others don't waste their time as I have today.

When I tried to logon to this service I got the following message.

We are sorry. The service is currently unavailable. Please try your request again later. If this problem persists, please contact our Bualuang Phone Customer Service Representatives at (66) 0-2645-5555 for further assistance. (UI-00)

I kept trying as I wanted to make a transfer eventually this evening I called to be told I have to use Internet Explorer not Firefox as I had always done previously - sure enough It works with I/E.

Seems a very amateurish set up to me.

I see they've done an upgrade and added an agreement page now which you have to accept. That was dated October 13 so perhaps during the transition there was a compatibility issue. I just tried it with FF 16.0.1 and had no problems logging in and running the iBanking services, I just did a transfer. They also showed on their online mail they were down for maintenance on Oct. 13.

Dear Bualuang iBanking member,

From October 13, 2012, you will see a new Bualuang iBanking Log On page design – the new design will not only enable you to log onto Bualuang iBanking, but also provide you with the very latest news, information and special promotions.

There is no change to the log on process - simply use your regular User ID and Password to log on.

For your security, we recommended you always type the website URL to enter the Bualuang iBanking log on page, and always check that the URL address starts with “https://”. Never click any link sent to you via email.

If you have any questions, please call Bualuang Phone Tel.1333. To view a sample of the new Log On screen, visit the Bualuang iBanking homepage: www.bangkokbank.com/ibanking

If it works in any other browser other than IE, it's coincidence . . . they don't program them for anything other than to work in IE

Not coincidence. They specifically announced a few years ago that they were now compliant with FF. Before that I had to use the IE plugin for FF, now straight vanilla FF for the last couple of years.

Bualuang iBanking Browser Test

The advanced security system used by Bualuang iBanking means your browser must support 128-bit encryption (SSL) to operate successfully.

Currently we support Microsoft Internet Explorer version 7 or higher or FireFox version 3.0x on PC/Mac (Mac OS X Version 10.x Leopard) or Google Chrome version 8.0 on PC/Mac or Safari version 4.0 on PC/Mac. In addition your browser must be Javascript enabled.

• Like 1

We are sorry. The service is currently unavailable. Please try your request again later. If this problem persists, please contact our Bualuang Phone Customer Service Representatives at (66) 0-2645-5555 for further assistance. (UI-00)

I have received that message at times when the site was unavailable for whatever reason. Usually comes back in pretty short order.

I wouldn't go reading too much into it, much less jump on the internet waving a red flag.

I just logged in using Fire Fox 16 with no problems maybe you need to update your version of Firefox. I use all 3 Browsers with Bangkok bank no problems. I occasionally seen an issue when a new version comes out, but normally fix within a few days.

I've had a Bangkok Bank Savings/Debit card account for years but never opened an online account. Can I do that with a simple passbook savings account?

Yes, just go to the bank and say you want to setup online banking for the account also. There will be a little bit of paperwork to fill out which they will do for you and then you can get your online banking User and Password.

I've had a Bangkok Bank Savings/Debit card account for years but never opened an online account. Can I do that with a simple passbook savings account?

Yes, just go to the bank and say you want to setup online banking for the account also. There will be a little bit of paperwork to fill out which they will do for you and then you can get your online banking User and Password.

Bring the bankbook and your passport.

It is 100 times easier to open using an ATM if not a joint account (you must use bank for joint account). Expect bank to not know and start with the you must have a work permit mantra - many will start with you can not even have an account without a work permit - then move to you can not have internet access. Using ATM is easy and much faster.

Ain't it great how talking to a human machine in the bank can result in rejection for internet banking but interface with the bank's ATM machine and you are approved (Note: assuming its a single vs joint acct). I think the bank's ATM machines are sometimes more knowledgeable and customer friendly than their human machines.

Edited by Pib

It appears that you can now establish online banking via the Internet

Apply for Bualuang iBanking via website

You can now apply for Bualuang iBanking via our website. Go online to request a User ID and PIN and you can log on to use the service immediately after your online registration.

Source:

http://www.bangkokba...viaWebsite.aspx

• Like 1

Go info...didn't know you can now apply via the web also. I noticed the web page did point out two important things:

In these instances, you will not be eligible to apply for Bualuang iBanking:

• If the ATM/Be1st Debit card you used to apply for the service is a joint account. In this case, please visit your nearest Bangkok Bank branch to apply. All joint owners of the account will have to go to the branch in person and present their ID cards, together with the account passbook.
  • If your personal information, as shown in the bank’s database, identifies you as a “Tourist”, you will not be able to apply for the service via the website channel. In this case, please visit your nearest Bangkok Bank branch to apply.